Managing forum toxicity and negativity

george

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You need to sort out what a stalker is. Just because you block someone does not mean they automatically become a stalker........lol

Part time stalkers

Full time stalkers

I had 1 and 2.

If 33% of their posts are about you part time stalking. If its 66% or more full time stalking.

Edited by bignok
  • Like 1

Just now, bignok said:

No I would have to do it 10+ times over several topics. My 2 stalkers did it hundreds of times over 3 months. 90%+ of their posts were about me.

I put you on ignore 2 months ago btw. I sometimes click to see if people improve. Some do,most don't.

Got it. Thanks for the advice, I can confirm I've not stalked anybody.............:thumbsup: @Neeranam you will have to provide proof of my stalking you...........

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You need to sort out what a stalker is. Just because you block someone does not mean they automatically become a stalker........lol

- He's a stalker.

- And what does that mean?

- You see, being a stalker is some sort of calling. 

("Stalker", Tarkovsky, 1979).

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, george said:

You are being naughty :1zgarz5:Off topic. Please skip US politics in this thread! Thanks!

The red flag is a nice touch, although IMO it should be yellow.

May I suggest without naughty, threads might become incredibly dull.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

All too typically this thread is demonstrating the general mentality of a group who routinely hijack the "mood " and if unable to dictate consensus impose themselves with sneers and accusations more often than not applicable to themselves !

True. How should Mods handle these members? Be tough or lenient in moderating?

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You know I ignore you yet continually reply to me.

You know my friend is a Rabbi, yet seem to find it funny saying he is a rabbit. PLease don't reply to me or follow me around the forum! It tiresome when posting seeing trolls replying with nonsense. 2 days ago you did this.

If someone did that in my local pub, I'd go to another pub. If they followed me to the next pub, I'd punch them on the nose.

This is why I want a block.

image.png.1054d028b1a38a3cd1755c582afbffdf.png

RabbitCoin  RBBT

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/rabbitcoin/

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, RanongCat said:

Perhaps "muting" them if persistently so in a thread ?

sometimes, a topic will "press buttons" in some people and they can really get bent out of shape. In the past we have excluded them from that topic rather than exclude them from the forum. as a whole.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

sometimes, a topic will "press buttons" in some people and they can really get bent out of shape. In the past we have excluded them from that topic rather than exclude them from the forum. as a whole.

Topic exclusions is a good idea. Be even better if the OP could exclude people themselves.

• Sad 1

Just now, CharlieH said:

That might be appropriate to those who get Toxic and abusive. What about cumulative and persistent derogatory sneers and snide accusations? I know of more than one member has opted to simply depart the forum altogether in the face of such tactics.

I can understand the task of moderating is probably thankless but some  moderators have had a history of favouring some of the most blatant "offenders" which  has not  enhanced the confidence of  many.

I will say "yourself"  an exception which is  most likely why  you are still onboard.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

That might be appropriate to those who get Toxic and abusive. What about cumulative and persistent derogatory sneers and snide accusations? I know of more than one member has opted to simply depart the forum altogether in the face of such tactics.

I can understand the task of moderating is probably thankless but some  moderators have had a history of favouring some of the most blatant "offenders" which  has not  enhanced the confidence of  many.

I will say "yourself"  an exception which is  most likely why  you are still onboard.

Believe it or not the Mod team do try to be impartial and do not to my knowledge "favor" anyone, that said, we are human and I am not saying it cant happen. My comment on that would be is that if you feel there has been an instance of favoritism then make a report about it to Support, and they will look at it. 

• Agree 1