Managing forum toxicity and negativity

george

21 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Eg. joining a thread about Parmesan cheese to proclaim that's it not real cheese and smells like vomit.

That's trolling pure and simple. So much for being an adult eh?

No, it isn't (necessarily) trolling. 

I made the mistake of bringing a lunch to work once which contained bolognese sauce and grated parmesan cheese.

When I reheated it, my manager took a whiff and thought a cat died. 

I will never make the mistake of reheating grated parmesan cheese in an office setting again. 

It does have an odor and/or taste that repulses a lot of people. 

And it goes back to my previous post.

Most people have issues of intolerance of differing opinions that they need to sort out. 

Otherwise, everyone will just hate everyone if you expect people to agree with you all the time and be exactly like you and think exactly like you and act exactly like you. 

If you like parmesan, you don't care who else likes it or who else doesn't like it.

You don't care. Who cares? 

Edited by save the frogs

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

I made the mistake of bringing a lunch to work once which contained bolognese sauce and grated parmesan cheese.

I will never make the mistake of reheating grated parmesan cheese in an office setting again. 

Most people have issues of intolerance of differing opinions that they need to sort out. 

People upset over cheese comments. One wonders. Its not that important. I've been insulted 100 times worse than that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Otherwise, everyone will just hate everyone if you expect people to agree with you all the time and be exactly like you and think exactly like you and act exactly like you. 

If you like parmesan, you don't care who else likes it or who else doesn't like it.

You don't care. Who cares? 

Of course it's trolling. Comments like that are irrelevant, off-topic and add nothing to the discussion. They're just throwaway lines from a narcissist who wants the story to be about him. 

When you return the favour he calls you a childish tranny troll.

But hey, believe what you want to believe. If you think that mindless drivel is the height of repartee then have at it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

that I agree with.

it's a dirty trick he often uses.

but there are ways to get around it and outsmart him. 

Well not really. Trans called me names a 100+ times. I simply called him by his name.

Plus Lemsta himself called me names too.

So its double standards. They abuse me, i respond they play innocent.

Go read their posts about me.

6 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

that I agree with.

it's a dirty trick he often uses.

but there are ways to get around it and outsmart him. 

You can't outsmart a master troll. They keep the discussion going long after the horse has been flogged and then you end up getting a warning for bickering.

As I said earlier, ignoring is the best option but some things shouldn't be allowed to stand. Eg. complaining about people making up stories about you when you do that yourself, and in a thread about forum negativity no less! 

You can try to do a snow job on George but it won't work with me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I'm glad you cleared that up.

From a previous post i thought you were a tranny in distress but now you have clarified your on Tran's team.

I like Transam by the way.

I'm not necessarily on Transam's team, I was just highlighting the hypocrisy of certain posters who claim that they are victims of childish "abuse" and "trolling" but engage in that sort of behaviour themselves. At least own what you are then maybe you'll get a tiny bit of begrudging respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Most of what's going on now is nothing to do with feedback - its just 'keyboard warrior' stuff and a fair amount is as per the title - toxic and negative.

Some toxicity is pointless and childish, but some is the result of differences of opinion, ego clashes. 

It's too idealistic to expect that all toxicity can be completely eliminated. 

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Moderators on a power trip should also go, how do you control that?

Admins have more control than moderators. But the biggest issue I have with moderators is more to do with putting the time into the group that’s needed and which parts of the work they do. Thinking about the power thing, occasionally they just need to be reigned in a bit. It happens but it’s rare.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I was going for humorous. Only cry babies put others on ignore. 

People that dont care what others think about them, and share no empathy with others, are clinically diagnosed as sociopaths (or worse).  Those that have not been diagnosed (yet) are called self-centred aholes.  Not that I am saying you are one - I have no idea if you have been clinically diagnosed. 

Hows that for humour :saai:

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

People that dont care what others think about them, and share no empathy with others, are clinically diagnosed as sociopaths (or worse).  Those that have not been diagnosed (yet) are called self-centred aholes.  Not that I am saying you are one - I have no idea if you have been clinically diagnosed. 

Hows that for humour :saai:

Not bad Dr Phil, those who care what others think of them are children.