Managing forum toxicity and negativity

george

4 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

QED

What have Quantum Electro Dynamics got to do with this topic apart from the fact it lacks proper positive dynamic responses!

If however you agree with me that I have proved my point then I would agree with you!

Edited by scottiejohn

Just now, scottiejohn said:

What have Quantum Electro Dynamics got to do with this topic apart from the fact it lacks proper positive dynamic responses!

I appreciate the quick and clever reply but I'm sure you know QED means quod erat demonstrandum, meaning "which was to be demonstrated".

3 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

I appreciate the quick and clever reply but I'm sure you know QED means quod erat demonstrandum, meaning "which was to be demonstrated".

I suggest you look up the accepted English language meaning!

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=e83d201d784f6a4dJmltdHM9MTY5OTY2MDgwMCZpZ3VpZD0yYTNmOGE5ZC1lM2ZiLTYyYTktMDE5ZS05OTIyZTJhMTYzZGEmaW5zaWQ9NTc2Mw&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=2a3f8a9d-e3fb-62a9-019e-9922e2a163da&psq=qed+meaning&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9lbi53aWtpcGVkaWEub3JnL3dpa2kvUS5FLkQu&ntb=1

English equivalent[edit]

There is no common formal English equivalent, although the end of a proof may be announced with a simple statement such as “thus it is proved,” "this completes the proof", "as required", "as desired", "as expected", "hence proved", "ergo", "so correct", or other similar locutions.

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Wasn't this thread about how to reduce insults and confrontation. It seems like it might becoming a source of it!

Group talk becomes group therapy within a split second and similar to Olympics, they don't want to win (wisdom) , only participating is extremely vital and important for their daily self-sustaining properties...

59 minutes ago, Morch said:

How do you feel about posters repeatedly badmouthing, cursing other posters?

I consider derogatory statements and demeaning language purely to detract or deflect even the possibility of valid significance of another person's input as abuse whether or not any such contains curses in attempt to suppress in defense of intransigent opinion.

Employing singular expressions such as  "Troll" as an automated response to unwelcome challenge to opinion fits my broad definition.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

I consider derogatory statements and demeaning language purely to detract or deflect even the possibility of valid significance of another person's input as abuse whether or not any such contains curses in attempt to suppress in defense of intransigent opinion.

Employing singular expressions such as  "Troll" as an automated response to unwelcome challenge to opinion fits my broad definition.

Yet you yourself resort to such derogatory language quite often, and crudely, if I may.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Yet you yourself resort to such derogatory language quite often, and crudely, if I may.

I would be interested in being shown examples. Can you say I have  called anyone "stupid" or  similar in any response ? I may have suggested  "stalker" or  even troll on perhaps  one occasion but in any case in answer to .

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

I would be interested in being shown examples. Can you say I have  called anyone "stupid" or  similar in any response ? I may have suggested  "stalker" or  even troll on perhaps  one occasion but in any case in answer to .

You've said much worse, and it was obviously deleted - as it would if I repeated it here.

You want to deny this, it's up to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

You've said much worse, and it was obviously deleted - as it would if I repeated it here.

You want to deny this, it's up to you.

Easy to say and easy to avoid  proof? Much of  my  commentary  has been  made  with yourself in mind. Are you bitter as a "post Mod" ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Easy to say and easy to avoid  proof? Much of  my  commentary  has been  made  with yourself in mind. Are you bitter as a "post Mod" ?

Do you expect posters to keep screen pics of your posts? It was suggested that the best way to deal with such things was to report them, when this happens, reported posts are hidden. As said, I know what you posted, you do too, so do other participants on topic and moderators. You want to pretend otherwise, that's up to you.

Just now, Morch said:

Do you expect posters to keep screen pics of your posts? It was suggested that the best way to deal with such things was to report them, when this happens, reported posts are hidden. As said, I know what you posted, you do too, so do other participants on topic and moderators. You want to pretend otherwise, that's up to you.

Then I invite admin to provide  such  from mandatory  records . When it comes to  abusive  posts directed at  myself I do indeed take  screen shots. I pretend  nothing

• Sad 1

On 11/10/2023 at 2:10 AM, mstevens said:

I think the owners of the forum need to decide what sort of forum they wish to operate. Some of the sub-forums on ASEAN Now are well-run, others are a free for all where anything goes. If you want this forum to be a place where people goof around and where topics with inane discussions are allowed, then keep doing what you're doing. If you want something a bit more serious, I really think the moderators need to be a bit more firm. Too many clowns dominate the forum these days, lowering the tone and ruining many threads.

are we forgetting that this site is either for sale or sold?

10 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

are we forgetting that this site is either for sale or sold?

No we are not!

I suspect it has not yet been sold otherwise the hard core of approx 12 Troll/Bot/paid obnoxious posters would not still be spouting forth their constant click bait drivel!

Please note I have only come back to post on the forum because  I wished to as a question on a specific banking matter!

If/when I get an answer I will log off until such time as I feel I MUST log back on for personal reasons!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Agree 2