Renewing guardian O visa help plz

Hoping for some expert advice please. We have got ourselves into a rite big arse pickle. 

I was given a Guardian O visa, along with child who got education visa. We were both given it for 3 months. I had funds in my account and all went well. We were told after 3 months we would get a year visa. 

However, our agent neglected (or maybe it was us) that we had to keep 500,000 in our account 30 days before the renewal at the 3 month stage. We continued to use our Thai account, and the level has dipped below 500,000. We usually use our UK accounts (along with Wise) to pay for most of our outgoings. So as it stands our Thai account is below 500,000. 

On learning we had to keep our finances in the Thai account over 500,000 we quickly attempted to transfer some funds over from our UK accounts. But surprise surprise the UK bank blocked our account, citing suspicious behaviour. The earliest we can rectify this will be in a few days time - WHICH WILL MEAN WE WILL ONLY HAVE HAD 500,000 in our account for 29 days before my visa ends !!!!!!!!!

At the moment i am like forget this. The whole visa drama does my head in (and we are paying for an agent!!!) The agent is charging a fair bit, and i just tempted to get the normal 30 day visa on arrival (and renew once). I usually holiday around SE asia once a month anyways. However, i would still (for peace of mind) like to get the visa. Who knows maybe their is a limit on arrivals by air. 

What would be my options here ? What would the experts do ? 

40 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

.....and i just tempted to get the normal 30 day visa on arrival (and renew once). I usually holiday around SE asia once a month anyways. However, i would still (for peace of mind) like to get the visa. Who knows maybe their is a limit on arrivals by air. 

If you only wish to stay a month or two then visa exempt entry (it's not visa on arrival) would be an option.

The 30 day stamp can be extended by 30 days at immigration 1900b.

Not ideal but a fall back option..

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you only wish to stay a month or two then visa exempt entry (it's not visa on arrival) would be an option.

The 30 day stamp can be extended by 30 days at immigration 1900b.

Not ideal but a fall back option..

I will be staying the year hopefully. It would mean doing flight runs  6-7 times a year though. Ideally would like the O visa ! 

Edited by JoeyMac

@BritTim

OP, this seems related to your other thread

You had many obstacles here in Thailand. You need to make friends with expats in Bangkok, who have years / decades of experience. Follow their advice. You often see expats in coffee shops everywhere.

Usually a Agent can also help with most things, if one are unable to do it oneself. From your previous posts, you seem unhappy with agents service when you wrote "I wasn't told"...

You must ask for the latest requirements. Immigration often has this on a photocopy for applicants.

You must talk with expats in real life, and agents.

You must adopt to the 'Thai way' of doing things, rather than always want things your way. That doesn't work here.

I moved here in the 90's before internet and agents. I didn't have 10% of your problems living here.

I am not attacking you in any way, but from your posting history last months, I can't stop thinking that: Thailand is not for you, unless you make a dramatic change to how you approach 'issues' of any kind.

BritTim is new moderator and advisor, for visa related topics.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shop mak said:

@BritTim

You had many obstacles here in Thailand. You need to make friends with expats in Bangkok, who have years / decades of experience. Follow their advice. You often see expats in coffee shops everywhere.

Usually a Agent can also help with most things, if one are unable to do it oneself. From your previous posts, you seem unhappy with agents service when you wrote "I wasn't told"...

You must ask for the latest requirements. Immigration often has this on a photocopy for applicants.

You must adopt to the 'Thai way' of doing things, rather than always want things your way. That doesn't work here.

I moved here in the 90's before internet and agents. I didn't have 10% of your problems living here.

I am not attacking you in any way, but from your posting history last months, I can't stop thinking that: Thailand is not for you, unless you make a dramatic change to how you approach 'issues' of any kind.

He doesn't need to meet expats IRL nor does he need to use an agent. All he has to do is ask here in this forum and wait for someone knowledgeable to come along and answer the question, which usually doesn't take long. This is why the forum exists.

Much easier than approaching randos at coffee shops or the nearest agent who may be of no use at all.

11 hours ago, Shop mak said:

@BritTim

Probably the worst advice you could give someone is to talk to random strangers in BKK. There thousands of bar stool experts who will all tell you something different, or just BS. Waste of time.

Back to the OP's topic:

If you are paying for the services of an agent, why the hell are you worried about money in the bank? People pay agents to get around paperwork and to not personally deal with immigration, right? Agents are only worth paying for if they are actively solving problems for you, or doing the visa process for you. Why are you paying someone if you're doing everything correctly in the first place? 

On that note, I'm looking for a visa agent to do my annual marriage extension - any good recommendations?

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

On that note, I'm looking for a visa agent to do my annual marriage extension - any good recommendations?

You obviously should state your immigration office and should also state requirements.

Without funds in Thai bank account Agent  .can do very little

2 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

A marriage extension requires sign off at Division headquarters. That makes the extension very difficult to arrange by an agent if you do not meet the usual requirements. Most agents cannot help. If an agent can do it, you should expect it to be quite expensive.

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

A marriage extension requires sign off at Division headquarters. That makes the extension very difficult to arrange by an agent if you do not meet the usual requirements. Most agents cannot help. If an agent can do it, you should expect it to be quite expensive.

Yes, the big one in BKK that used to be a forum sponsor can do it. It is pricey though - 40k. Worth it IMO, because I don't need to show money in the bank, and I don't need to go to immigration.

@DrJack54 We talked about this before, I can't prove the payments originated from outside Thailand unless they also accept my Wise bank statements - which they don't (monthly method). Going down the agent route will give me a year to open a new bank account with KBank or Bangkok Bank and I'll just send the money to that new account for the next year. Then I can do my own extension next time.

• 3 weeks later...