Why do so many people like K-Pop ?

MrPancake

12 hours ago, MrPancake said:

I've been trying to figure out why so many people seem to love K-Pop.

Sure the girls are kinda cute if you like the white skin asian style.

But apart from that, wtf ???

LOL, LOL, LOL. Cute girls are great. What more reason needed?

They don't need to sing well, and one of my favourites on J Pop can't sing to save herself, but that's not the attraction.

If another reason is needed, they make people happy. An AKB48 song/ dance called Fortune Cookie is great. I defy any normal person to feel sad or depressed after watching the VDO. Cheers me up no end.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Same reason as people liked the early Beatles, ABBA etc.  Cute singers, good tunes & hooks.  K-Pop has the added bonus of great dancing.

Even if the singing is pants, the dancing usually pleases.

I'm wondering if the craze for girls to do some moves on Tik Tok is because they want to be in an Idol group?

11 hours ago, tgw said:

I dislike the majority of K-Pop music, except for a few which are great for driving in the night on the Autobahn or for cleaning my room, washing the dishes...

For example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_lSP8Vc3o

some K-pop / J-pop are also great as background noise for working - I listen to Tokyo Radio Kawaii, non stop Jap girl groups, no ads :)

I wouldn't call either music though.

To be honest I'm not a fan of J Pop for the audio.

10 hours ago, MrPancake said:

Not really. They don't even look like women. More like teenagers with their boobs just starting to grow. I'm not into that crap. If I had to listen to garbage for women I would go for Jennifer Lopez. Too bad I'm not american, I have to admit latinas have something special...

You apparently don't get that they are portraying an image of purity and innocence, to the point they are not allowed a boy friend while in a group.

Lopez may be many a boy's wet dream, but pure and innocent she ain't.

10 hours ago, MrPancake said:

Yep... It's probably even worse.

And they make billions of this garbage...

God, they're good.....

Your garbage is another's fortune. You probably have no idea of how huge the industry is. The Love Live concerts attract thousands of people from all over the world to their sell out concerts.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You apparently don't get that they are portraying an image of purity and innocence, to the point they are not allowed a boy friend while in a group.

Lopez may be many a boy's wet dream, but pure and innocent she ain't.

No boyfriend... <deleted> that's a bit harsh...

When it comes to purity and innocence, I prefer JAV models.

41 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Very true !

You're a wise man, bro.

I know!! my wife always says. "Stop being such a wise ass, and pickup you laundry from the floor" 

Like it is my fault that gravity was a thing. 

Edited by sirineou
Three lines four typos!!
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MrPancake said:

More like teenagers with their boobs just starting to grow.

this is Asia incase it had escaped your attention, the A-Cup hub of the world. Nothing to do with being a teenager. If you don't like small boobs you might be in the wrong place. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrPancake said:

I've been trying to figure out why so many people seem to love K-Pop.

Something similar to that many (young) people like boy bands and girl band in the West – good looking young (sexy) men and attractive young (sexy) girls performing middle of the road contemporary reasonably quality musical works. Furthermore, musical taste is slightly different in different parts of the World. K-pop is huge business, 20% of the World's population – almost 1.7 billion – lives in Eastern Asia; so. lots of funds can be invested in selecting the right performers, styling, choreography, musical works, videos etc. etc..:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

this is Asia incase it had escaped your attention, the A-Cup hub of the world. Nothing to do with being a teenager. If you don't like small boobs you might be in the wrong place. 

My point was that it's not enough to divert me from the sh$tty nature of that type of music.

I don't blame them to be asian.

One reason that so many people in this part of the world like K-Pop could be the singers and players look like them. It must be refreshing after so many years of following western entertainers. 

Many young girls from ages 12 to 16 or 17 love to do the dances on K-Pop videos they watch on You tube. Then they can upload them onto Tik Tok.

• Like 1

Why do so many people like K-Pop ?

Young girls want to become a rich famous superstar.

Young boys want to have a gf like the K-pop female stars.

Easy to create: Supposedly innocent, dancing in cute dress.

Later this becomes sexy provokative minimal clothing.

$$$$$

Thailand's Lisa has become expert in this.

Many consider Lisa best dancer in k-pop.

Edited by Shop mak
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MrPancake said:

No boyfriend... <deleted> that's a bit harsh...

When it comes to purity and innocence, I prefer JAV models.

I like both.

It's the only reason I envy Otaku. Maid cafes and AKB48; what could be better?

If anyone tried to open a maid cafe where I live the femin****s would likely burn the place to the ground. Many years ago they seem to have lost femininity somewhere and thought feminism was what they were looking for.

No wonder so many millions of western men have flocked to Thailand in the past 30 years.

• Agree 1