Macron calls on Israel to stop killing Gaza's women and babies

CharlieH

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Re writing history there .

Hamas goals were to eradiate Israel and to replace the whole of Israel with a Palestinian state .

Hamas retreated back to Gaza because Israel defeated them in street battles and they were either killed or fled back to Gaza, which has been reduced to rubble .

But I am sure your boys will declare victory over the Zionists once the dust has settled 

You think the objective on October 7 was to eradicate Israel?

World opinion, particularly non occidental is increasingly falling behind the Palestinian cause.

At the very least, Hamas has ended Netanyahus political career.

There is no future for Zionism, if Israeli’s take too long to accept this fact, there may just well be no future for Israel as well.

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

World opinion, particularly non occidental is increasingly falling behind the Palestinian cause.

There is no future for Zionism, if Israeli’s take too long to accept this fact, there may just well be no future for Israel as well.

I know that's part of your dreams for Israel, its also the dream for Hamas. Keep dreaming in your alternate reality

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Again, consult with your Hamas leaders and spokesmen before committing Hamas to your own ideas.

You do not represent 'world opinion', and there is not even a global agreement on what 'the Palestinian cause' actually is.

Zionism is one of the ground tenets of Israel's existence. It is a rather wide ranging concept/ideology. That you try to paint it as represented solely be some of its more extreme versions is dishonest.

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Yes, don't you remember when Hamas were streaming across Israel and attempting to meet up with Palestinians from the West bank and Hezbollah were going to come down from the North and Iran were going to fly in some back up ?

That was between October 7 th and 15 th .

Arab forces were about to defeat Israel .

Or has that changed to a Few Palestinians  just going to live on a Kibbutz for the week-end to celebrate Yom Kippur with the Jews there and there was a slight disagreement between the two ?

33 minutes ago, Morch said:

I'm not the one trying to defend Hamas actions, atrocities and conduct - you are. I'm not the one trying to paint one side as blameless while denegrating the other - you are.

I'm addressing your posts - if you don't like them to be addressed, don't post.

The forum got a policy on sources. It does not have anything to do with 'kow towing' to Israel, other than in your imagination.

How did I, personally, lose?

I have no issues with Netanyahu gone - quite the opposite, as posted on numerous past occasions.

i have no issues with the occupation ending (with proper agreements and arrangements) either.

That you declare both a fact and a done deal is, again, nonsense.

Hamas could stop them kids dying at any time. You can ignore that, of course.

I agree with most of your posts - listening better this time I guess 

IMO Hamas has massively under-estimated Israel's resolve. They previosuly did this (less killed though) and Israel attacked Gaza and then under world condemnation for civilian deaths they pulled back. This gave Hamas what they wanted and planed - and increased their support for a 'Palestinian State' amongst the woke progressives of the world.  The world has moved on and is changing - the woke progressive mentality is being slowly but surely pushed aside as more and more people realise their ideology in not based on logic and reason and that the outcomes are far worse then what they had demanded be changed.  Not a coincidence that more 'far right' politicians are being elected, that people are realising that climate change activists and LGBTGHBVCX+ activists support Hamas/Palestine.  The world pressure on Israel is being countered this time by logic and reality.  Israel has steeled its resolve and this time (I hope) they are going to continue and finish the job - only then will Hamas be stopped from its decade of terrorist activities, and another future atrocity in Israel.   

For all those who decry the killing of 'civilians' in Gaza - allow me to rhetort.  In the recent decriptions of how the Hamas muderers were raping and killing people in Israel, as advised by Douglas Murray who has seen the vids, they called their families on their phones and were ecstatic about how they had killed the Jews and their parents were extremely happy. There are 'civilians' in Gaza (lots of them) that do not deserve the  protections in a war that are normally afforded to civilians - if any of them have been killed then I am pleased - very pleased.   

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I agree with most of your posts - listening better this time I guess 

IMO Hamas has massively under-estimated Israel's resolve. They previosuly did this (less killed though) and Israel attacked Gaza and then under world condemnation for civilian deaths they pulled back. This gave Hamas what they wanted and planed - and increased their support for a 'Palestinian State' amongst the woke progressives of the world.  The world has moved on and is changing - the woke progressive mentality is being slowly but surely pushed aside as more and more people realise their ideology in not based on logic and reason and that the outcomes are far worse then what they had demanded be changed.  Not a coincidence that more 'far right' politicians are being elected, that people are realising that climate change activists and LGBTGHBVCX+ activists support Hamas/Palestine.  The world pressure on Israel is being countered this time by logic and reality.  Israel has steeled its resolve and this time (I hope) they are going to continue and finish the job - only then will Hamas be stopped from its decade of terrorist activities, and another future atrocity in Israel.   

For all those who decry the killing of 'civilians' in Gaza - allow me to rhetort.  In the recent decriptions of how the Hamas muderers were raping and killing people in Israel, as advised by Douglas Murray who has seen the vids, they called their families on their phones and were ecstatic about how they had killed the Jews and their parents were extremely happy. There are 'civilians' in Gaza (lots of them) that do not deserve the  protections in a war that are normally afforded to civilians - if any of them have been killed then I am pleased - very pleased.   

Yes, the miscalculation thing is quite obvious. But 'against' the major thrust of your comment, I think it applies to the Biden's administrations' support - I think the expectation was that Israel's response would be reined in way earlier. Same goes for Macron, btw - because for all the attempts at appearing even handed, there's no strong action by France to curb Israeli operations in the Gaza Strip.

I do think that the death toll in the Gaza Strip is very high, maybe even higher than Israel expected. Then again, I'm not one to absolve Hamas of the responsibility of protecting their own. They chose the action, they knew the consequences. Simply saying 'oh but they are a terrorist organization, so what would you expect?' doesn't cut it.

Not on board with all the anti-'woke', anti-left talk - I think it doesn't fully relate and that there wider issues effecting that as far as Europe and the USA are concerned. I think posters often use whatever current even is on hand as 'example' supposedly pertaining to general positions, policies etc.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Yes, the miscalculation thing is quite obvious. But 'against' the major thrust of your comment, I think it applies to the Biden's administrations' support - I think the expectation was that Israel's response would be reined in way earlier. Same goes for Macron, btw - because for all the attempts at appearing even handed, there's no strong action by France to curb Israeli operations in the Gaza Strip.

I do think that the death toll in the Gaza Strip is very high, maybe even higher than Israel expected. Then again, I'm not one to absolve Hamas of the responsibility of protecting their own. They chose the action, they knew the consequences. Simply saying 'oh but they are a terrorist organization, so what would you expect?' doesn't cut it.

Not on board with all the anti-'woke', anti-left talk - I think it doesn't fully relate and that there wider issues effecting that as far as Europe and the USA are concerned. I think posters often use whatever current even is on hand as 'example' supposedly pertaining to general positions, policies etc.

I dont think the death toll is that high - compared to what it would be if IDF did not hold back, announce areas they will attack, and try to limit 'civilian' casualties.  Israel has 'attacked' Gaza many times since they dismantled Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip and both Israeli settlers and the army 'occupiers' withdrew from inside the Gaza Strip in 2005.  This time they are not going to stop until they have achieved their aims, and IMO they should not either until Hamas is destroyed and they have re-occupied Gaza and have it under control (as much as possible). 

All civilian deaths, both those that support Hamas (good) and those that do not (sad), are on Hamas for what they did in Israel, and then how they they hid behind them and under hospitals etc. I will never forget how that Hamas leader called for the blood of Palestinians to be sacrificed in the name of Allah so that in the end they will remove all Jewish people from 'Palestine' (which never existed). And then when asked why Hamas will not allow civilians into the tunnels or do anything to protect them, he said that was the job of the UN.  Hamas wanted civilian deaths so that yet again they can gain world support for their cause (remove all Jews), but this time it aint working as much as before. 

You can say that the growing anti-woke talk and sentiment is unrelated if you like, and I agree that we all use current examples to make our point. But I will say that in all previous IDF incursions into Gaza 'public opinion' was very much against Israel and very quickly. This time around that is not the case, and this around there will ()probably) not be a fake UN committee investigations of the 'war crimes' committed by Israel in the war, while completely ignoring the war crimes committed by Hamas before and after their acts of atrocity in Israel. 

IMO Hamas lack of real support (mainly now only woke radicals) is realted to the fact that a person who was previously banned from UK (by a woke left-wing Govt) for 'racial hatred' has just won the Dutch election - following on from similar political election results across the world - such is in Argentina. The pedulum is swinging back and it aint gonna stop for a while - I just hope it does not go way too right in any main country - we all know what happened last time that occurred.   

Elon Musk summed up the current situation in 2021 - and it is only worse since then as the left has gone even further left (supporting Hamas).

image.png.b34355081693918b880eaf9e3189ad7a.png

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I dont think the death toll is that high - compared to what it would be if IDF did not hold back, announce areas they will attack, and try to limit 'civilian' casualties.  Israel has 'attacked' Gaza many times since they dismantled Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip and both Israeli settlers and the army 'occupiers' withdrew from inside the Gaza Strip in 2005.  This time they are not going to stop until they have achieved their aims, and IMO they should not either until Hamas is destroyed and they have re-occupied Gaza and have it under control (as much as possible). 

All civilian deaths, both those that support Hamas (good) and those that do not (sad), are on Hamas for what they did in Israel, and then how they they hid behind them and under hospitals etc. I will never forget how that Hamas leader called for the blood of Palestinians to be sacrificed in the name of Allah so that in the end they will remove all Jewish people from 'Palestine' (which never existed). And then when asked why Hamas will not allow civilians into the tunnels or do anything to protect them, he said that was the job of the UN.  Hamas wanted civilian deaths so that yet again they can gain world support for their cause (remove all Jews), but this time it aint working as much as before. 

You can say that the growing anti-woke talk and sentiment is unrelated if you like, and I agree that we all use current examples to make our point. But I will say that in all previous IDF incursions into Gaza 'public opinion' was very much against Israel and very quickly. This time around that is not the case, and this around there will ()probably) not be a fake UN committee investigations of the 'war crimes' committed by Israel in the war, while completely ignoring the war crimes committed by Hamas before and after their acts of atrocity in Israel. 

IMO Hamas lack of real support (mainly now only woke radicals) is realted to the fact that a person who was previously banned from UK (by a woke left-wing Govt) for 'racial hatred' has just won the Dutch election - following on from similar political election results across the world - such is in Argentina. The pedulum is swinging back and it aint gonna stop for a while - I just hope it does not go way too right in any main country - we all know what happened last time that occurred.   

Elon Musk summed up the current situation in 2021 - and it is only worse since then as the left has gone even further left (supporting Hamas).

image.png.b34355081693918b880eaf9e3189ad7a.png

Civilian casualty figures in the Gaza Strip are high, obviously they could have been higher. There's no getting around that when conducting military operations in urban settings. Guess it could be interpreted in more than one way.

I think the reason Israel got more freedom to act this time is because of the scale of the 7/10 attack and the manner in which it was carried, hostages taken and Hamas/other regional adversaries statements following that.

All the anti-'woke' stuff is, IMO, just hijacking the topic to push a pet agenda. Plenty of USA political topics on where this fits much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Should we believe everything Israel spouts?

Absolutely not. They are not to be trusted. They already broke the terms of the agreement, which was why the last captives were not released for some hours. Apparently wouldn't allow aid into the north and shot someone walking along a road.

Just as well the US isn't guaranteeing the agreement, or it'd be cancelled already.

Vile scum to shoot unarmed people.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/israeli-troops-fire-at-palestinians-attempting-to-return-to-northern-gaza-during-cease-fire

DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli troops fatally shot two Palestinians and wounded 11 others

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

and it'll be hello jail for that <deleted> once he's no longer PM.

Israel is going to go the same way as apartheid South Africa IMO.

They are so arrogant that they think they can just keep bombing thousands of children to bits and the US will cover for them forever.

Even Biden has had enough of it and made noises about the 2 state solution, and no israeli occupation of Gaza after ( assuming there are any Palestinians left alive in Gaza after the winter ).

19 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

If I were in your shoes, attempting to defend the indefensible, I too would avoid addressing the topic and instead fervently apply myself to “shooting the messenger”.

Any source of information that doesn't kowtow to Israel is deemed unworthy of belief and therefore, no matter what the content, valid  or not, it can be instantly dismissed.

Face it mate, you’ve already lost.

Netanyahu is finished.

The occupation is finished.

The only remaining question is how many more kids Israel will blow to pieces between now and then.

I see the poster you quoted is resorting to the usual baiting by calling anyone that does not support bombing thousands of innocent children to death a Hamas supporter. If it wasn't about such a tragic situation it'd be pathetic.

It's that sort of baiting that has made me put so many of them on ignore. At least I don't see their vile insults unless someone quotes them

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

There are 'civilians' in Gaza (lots of them) that do not deserve the  protections in a war that are normally afforded to civilians - if any of them have been killed then I am pleased - very pleased.   

Are you pleased about the over 5,000 Palestinian children that have been bombed to death as well? I guess that some might think that as they would just grow up to be Hamas supporters it's OK to kill them before they grew up. After all, according to some israeli officials, apparently all Palestinians in Gaza deserve to be killed. Now where in history have I read about officials saying things like that.............?

https://www.commondreams.org/news/israel-gaza-genocide

Israeli MP Says It Clearly for World to Hear: 'Erase All of Gaza From the Face of the Earth'

https://www.dailysabah.com/world/mid-east/israeli-lawmakers-kill-all-palestinians-remarks-resurface

Controversial statements by a former Israeli minister who called for the death of all Palestinians was remembered on social media and came under fire again.

15 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I think that had I lived in the 1930s Europe, I would have read similar items in the newspapers of a certain country back then.

BTW, the death toll is already 14,000 civilians, not counting those under the rubble of their homes, and once israel resumes bombing in 4 days it will get higher, so how many deaths qualify as "that high", 100,000 or 1,000,000, or how about 2.3 million?

It's somewhat ironic that certain posters that were so outraged by Russian conduct in Ukraine are now defending the same sort of thing by israel.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's somewhat ironic that certain posters that were so outraged by Russian conduct in Ukraine are now defending the same sort of thing by israel.

Ukrainians aren't adherents of a sadistic, violent death cult and are therefore deserving of our sympathy. 

You're fooling yourself if you think there's anything benign about the religion of pieces.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Ukrainians aren't adherents of a sadistic, violent death cult and are therefore deserving of our sympathy. 

You're fooling yourself if you think there's anything benign about the religion of pieces.

Do you actually know any Muslims? Doesn't seem like it. I do, and of the thousands I met none were sadistic members of a violent death cult.

Parroting obvious hate speech isn't doing your case any good.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you pleased about the over 5,000 Palestinian children that have been bombed to death as well? I guess that some might think that as they would just grow up to be Hamas supporters it's OK to kill them before they grew up. After all, according to some israeli officials, apparently all Palestinians in Gaza deserve to be killed. Now where in history have I read about officials saying things like that.............?

Israeli MP Says It Clearly for World to Hear: 'Erase All of Gaza From the Face of the Earth'

https://www.dailysabah.com/world/mid-east/israeli-lawmakers-kill-all-palestinians-remarks-resurface

Controversial statements by a former Israeli minister who called for the death of all Palestinians was remembered on social media and came under fire again.

@thaibeachlovers

Funny how you always seem to notice Israeli extremist comments, and somehow manage to miss all the hate speech coming from the Palestinians side. Maybe they don't show it on AJ. Or maybe you think it's legit.

I think that had I lived in the 1930s Europe, I would have read similar items in the newspapers of a certain country back then.

BTW, the death toll is already 14,000 civilians, not counting those under the rubble of their homes, and once israel resumes bombing in 4 days it will get higher, so how many deaths qualify as "that high", 100,000 or 1,000,000, or how about 2.3 million?

@thaibeachlovers

There are, perhaps, 14,000 casualties. Even that is not assured given the only source is the Hamas controlled Ministry of Health in Gaza. But regardless, claiming that they are all civilians is incorrect - Hamas does not report it's own casualties during fighting. If you think no Hamas men were killed during the fighting then you're either a full blown Hamas supporter, or not comprehending the news you follow.

Do you actually know any Muslims? Doesn't seem like it. I do, and of the thousands I met none were sadistic members of a violent death cult.

Parroting obvious hate speech isn't doing your case any good.

@thaibeachlovers

Practice what you preach.

You do not seem to have issue painting Israeli using the same wide-brush. Nor much trouble with hate speech when it suits your agenda.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Where were you when all those children in Nagasaki and Hiroshima and Berlin and Warsaw and Afghanistan and Syria and all across Africa and so many other placesa where wars have been fought.

I do not believe any nunbers that Hamas provides - they are liars and will say anything to further their political aims, and I strongly advise you to take a deep breath and take anything Hamas says about deaths with a grain of salt.

The few idiots of Israel do not make up for the millions of Muslim terrorists sourrounding Israel that feel the same towards them - and those that act on those feelings and commit terrorist acts against them.

After WW2 the Jews were given their ancient lands back by the world's powers - there is just no going back from that fact.  History of the Arab–Israeli conflict - Wikipedia  Wikipedia is a bit biased towards the Palestininas (like the woke progressives they are) but this just about sums it all up - if that is at all possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Delusional post with derogatory nonsense.  That is a woke tactic - to accuse anyone they disagree with of being a Nazi and tthereby 'cancel' them.   No Facts - No Logic - All Feelings.

There were zero newspapers in 1930s calling for all Jews to be exterminated.  That was a 'policy' that the Nazis implemented when they had total control (dictatorship). The majority of Germans did not know about the holocaust until after the war was over. That is because most of the Jews were shipped off to Poland etc. If you can provide evidence to the contrary then I will stand corrected and admit I was wrong. 

Hamas are not only murdering terrorists they are pathological liars. Only the Hamas supporters and the foolish believe their claims about deaths - enough said.

Russia/Ukraine - more derogatory statement of feelings. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Delusional post with derogatory nonsense.  That is a woke tactic - to accuse anyone they disagree with of being a Nazi and tthereby 'cancel' them.   No Facts - No Logic - All Feelings.

There were zero newspapers in 1930s calling for all Jews to be exterminated.  That was a 'policy' that the Nazis implemented when they had total control (dictatorship). The majority of Germans did not know about the holocaust until after the war was over. That is because most of the Jews were shipped off to Poland etc. If you can provide evidence to the contrary then I will stand corrected and admit I was wrong. 

Hamas are not only murdering terrorists they are pathological liars. Only the Hamas supporters and the foolish believe their claims about deaths - enough said.

Russia/Ukraine - more derogatory statement of feelings. 

Only the Hamas supporters and the foolish believe their claims about deaths - enough said.

Arrogant rubbish. I should have known better than to quote you. I'll try not to do so again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You seriously need to stop listening to the progressive mob that is telling you that white men are all evil and that white oppression is the cause of all the world's problems. The world always had problems and it always will - no one is to blame, and everyone is to blame.  Blaming anyone never solves anything - never.  If all the Jews in Israel left tomorrow, do you really think that the problems will just go away? If you do then you need to listen.

Egypt refuses to allow any Arabs in Gaza to enter their country - they do to Gaza exactly the same as Israel - blockade them.  Look at the map mate and do some research. You will find most Arab countries do the same with 'Palestinians'. Iran will support them finanacially and provide them arms etc. - but they will not allow them to move into their country. Same with Iraq. Why?  

No I am not saying Israel is totally right and never does anything wrong. But I am saying that Israel is rightly conducting a military campaign to destroy Hamas, and unfortunately because of Hamas' tactic of hiding behind/underneath civilians, some of them are going to die.  Is rael is not targetting civilians - Hamas does that.  Hamas is deliberately making civilians die - they are refusing to allow civilians to use their tunnels and they are forcing them to stay - as they have done every previous time - so that when they are killed (especially children) the western progressives and media and UN will denounce Israel and support their cause for a 'free Palestine'.  But that is not their cause - that is a lie.

Look on Youtube.  When media people interviewed protestors in UK, USA, etc supporting 'Palestine' and advised them that Hamas wants all Jews killed and removed, they do not know this fact. They are woke progressive idiots looking for a cause to support and they do not understand (and probably never will).

Hey - I was young and stupid - and I thought it was all wrong and it needs to be changed. And then I grew up.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only the Hamas supporters and the foolish believe their claims about deaths - enough said.

Arrogant rubbish. I should have known better than to quote you. I'll try not to do so again.

Hamas claimed is was a 'Zionist' helicopter that killed Israel people at a music festival. 

Hamas claimed Israel bombed a hospital - it was a rocket they mis-fired.

etc etc etc

Who was it that said - The first casualty of war is the truth.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 6:31 PM, MrMojoRisin said:

Egypt and Jordan want no part of Hamas.  Bahrain, UAE, Morocco and Sudan have officially recognized Israel.  The Saudi were ready to do so up until October 7, although it might happen after things cool off.  My point is, most Arab countries are tired of all the conflict going on involving Israel.  Iran is the problem.  They want to be the supreme ruler of the Middle East.  They think destabilizing their smaller and weaker neighbors will help them get there.  This is one reason they are supporting Hezbollah and Hamas and other terrorist groups.  This is also why they want to become a nuclear power.

Because Israel possess nuclear weapons, having the Israelis on their side would help counter Iran's attempt at dominance.

Edited by Hawaiian
Additional comment.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It was from an israeli newspaper.

Next.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-police-slams-haaretz-claim-idf-helicopter-may-have-harmed-civilians-on-oct-7/

The Haaretz article in Hebrew cites an unnamed Israel Police official saying that its investigation of the incident found that an IDF helicopter at the site that was firing at terrorists “apparently harmed a few partygoers who were in the area.”

You just cited a fact check to state categorically the article was taken out of context and there is no evidence any helicopter fired on people from the music festival

Israel Police slams ‘Haaretz’ claim IDF helicopter may have harmed civilians on Oct. 7

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-police-slams-haaretz-claim-idf-helicopter-may-have-harmed-civilians-on-oct-7/

Stop the off topic misinformation @thaibeachlovers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1