Unusual hotel check in

Mika78

15 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

You're betraying your ignorance again bigstooge. I've checked in to many hotels and watched them take a copy of the visa page as well as the photo so they can enter all that info into the online TM30 system.

Bully for you that you've never encountered it but your experience is not universal and you just sound silly with your dogmatic assertions to the contrary.

Give it a rest. Learn some manners.

Edited by bignok
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

If you have a Thai d/l, you could always use that.

The Nana Hotel in Bangkok will not accept driving license, must have passport, there is a cheap hotel in Petchabun right next to 7/11 at the back of BigC and 350Bt per night that will not accept a DL, again must have passport, this is a very clean and comfortable hotel.

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

The Nana Hotel in Bangkok will not accept driving license, must have passport, there is a cheap hotel in Petchabun right next to 7/11 at the back of BigC and 350Bt per night that will not accept a DL, again must have passport, this is a very clean and comfortable hotel.

Most hotels accept photocopy of passport. 

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

We've stayed at a couple of hotels where reception used their phone to take pictures of our ID and passport. My suspicion is that doing so satisfies the law but can always be erased afterwards so the income doesn't have to be declared for tax.

This is a good answer. Thank you Mike.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, chuang said:

Do they still have 260 baht hotel...yet people are complaining about high prices in Thailand..

This price is about 3 to 4 decades ago...

Muak Lek has also a 180 thb hotels but i know about it only after i already paid for the 260 thb one. 

What is the actual question? Obviously they take a copy of your passport / id when checking in. Only the arrogant paranoid android receptionists check the visa. How would you even know if they reported you for TM30 or not, this can be done with just the passport data.

3 hours ago, Mika78 said:

You are right. But here my question was about that i never saw someone take my infos using a photo with the phone. I suppose that if I had given her my TDL, she still would have used a cell phone photo

You live under a rock? They do that all the time.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Mika78 said:

Use the data later for? I only was there few hours.

1. They, obviously, want to know who's staying at their property. (You could damage something, which they would want to charge someone for after you leave.)

2. They are obligated to register and report your details, e.g. via a TM.30 report to Immigration. 

3. To enter into their data system later.

Oftentimes, esp. at smaller properties they don't have a copying machine, so staff just take a photo of your passport for aforementioned purposes.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 11/11/2023 at 10:47 PM, Mika78 said:

1) She has no pc or laptop

2) As I wrote, unusual check in as it's first time someone no look at the visa and or TM30 and I always get a copy with a printer, never by phone photo.

So do you really expect that every hotel in LOS 9 1,2,3,4,and 5 stars have full knowledge of and correctly apply these items?

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Hotel room prices have a built-in accommodation for nasty bed stains.

Hotel rooms have a list normally on the inside of the door which I have seen pointing out how much to replace a sheet, heavy staining was included.

I had a friend who stayed in a hotel and this guy was OCD in his cleanliness as boaty, he even made the bed on leaving a hotel, when checking out they wanted to deduct for a badly stained sheet, so he asked for the dirty sheet, they produced one, so when he got outside threw it in a bin. 👍🏻

• Like 1