Thailand could extend visa-free entry from 30 to 60 days

webfact

image.jpeg

…and not just for Russian tourists this time.

Thailand’s tourism ministry is discussing a proposal to offer ‘European’ tourists visa-free stays of up to 60 days. The current visa-free entry for arrivals from Europe is 30 days, with the possibility of extending while in the kingdom (for an additional 30 days at the cost of 1900 baht and a visit to the nearest immigration office).

The government plans to extend this in the hope of boosting tourism from over 50 countries.

According to tourism minister Sudawan Wangsuphakijkosol, the extension would mainly apply to countries in and around Europe, including Germany, Scandinavia, the UK and the Commonwealth of Independent States, which includes Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan.

By Peter Roche

Phuket crowds tourists

Full story: PhuketGO 2023-11-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 2

About time.

These people are so slow in their head, it's just nuts.

And arrogant on top of that.

"The hell with low life Westerners, we have rich Chinese people now."

Yeah right.... lol

giphy.gif

Next step: back to normal with the damned prices.

BF: 0THB

ST/LT: 1000 / 2000THB

Pad Thai: 40 THB

Beer: 60 THB

You'll increase your prices the day you increase the added value, you cheap f.....s.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

ccording to tourism minister Sudawan Wangsuphakijkosol, the extension would mainly apply to countries in and around Europe, including Germany, Scandinavia, the UK and the Commonwealth of Independent States, which includes Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan.

So, not France? Too  many Arabs, right.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Whatever empties out the lines of people at Chaengwattana milling around for extensions. Maybe some immigration officers can be sent back from the extension desk to the 90 Day approval desk, where the last two times it has now taken me 14 days to get my receipt after I submitted the request online.

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Thailand should make it easer to get tourist visas .

Not having to book all the accommodation before being given a visa and not having to book flights beforehand . 

Such bs when you compare that process to what is needed to get a visa for Laos, Vietnam or Cambodia.

I agree no booking, no flights and I would go as far as to say no financial checkup.

The flights are especially annoying if you wanna move to a neighboring country by bus or train.

Thai tourist visa policies are a total fail.

It annoying to be forced a camera up the cheesecake to have the right to visit a third world country.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, vangrop said:

where did you read that, no France?

"According to tourism minister Sudawan Wangsuphakijkosol, the extension would mainly apply to countries in and around Europe, including Germany, Scandinavia, the UK and the Commonwealth of Independent States, which includes Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan."

I didn't read "no France", but I read no France.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Whom do they want to attract?

For typical holidaymaker 30 days is enough. How many working people can do more than 30 days in Thailand?

For snowbirds fleeing winter, 60 days is not enough.

Still the main hurdle are the expensive flights. A mate arrived yesterday for 3 weeks from Germany with wife. Paid 2500 Euro for the couple.

funny post. I am sure if they introduce it will  be possible to extend it for 30 days more, like any ordinary 30 days visa-free entry, Probably your mate does not know how to search for cheap tickets online

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Malay, Japan, Sing are 90 days

Thai is just slow slow

since when?? Only Peru, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, South Korea, and recently russia have had 90 days. Where did you read about Singapore, Japan and Malaysia??