New 90 day check in requirements at Jomtien Immigration

jwdub12

2 hours ago, jwdub12 said:

Just a heads up, I don't know if it's been reported yet but I just went to Jomtien Immigration  for my 90 day reporting and was told at the front desk that it's a new thai law where you have to fill out a TM47 form and have photo copies from your passport of both your front page and current visa stamp before they update your 90 days.

AFAICR, that's exactly how it was before the online reporting started up, so it's hardly a 'new law'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, jwdub12 said:

I've lived in Jomtien for over 10 years now and never had to supply these documents before

Been there lately? 

Yes we used to just waltz in with the passport and the last report slip, 30 second job.

I was hearing, but a few weeks back, that a TM30 report slip in your passport was being asked for too, but a couple of more recent ones said not! 

On-line guys......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, jwdub12 said:

I've lived in Jomtien for over 10 years now and never had to supply these documents before

And I've lived here for 20 years and in the past, it was exactly as you said, TM47, and the usual copies of your passport. I think I used to add a copy of my proof of address as well, but then when they started up the online reporting app life got simpler. Think of it like the TM30 nonsense, that's not a 'new law' either, it's been around for decades but in the past was never enforced.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/14/2023 at 2:18 PM, jwdub12 said:

Just a heads up, I don't know if it's been reported yet but I just went to Jomtien Immigration  for my 90 day reporting and was told at the front desk that it's a new thai law where you have to fill out a TM47 form and have photo copies from your passport of both your front page and current visa stamp before they update your 90 days.

First report?

• Confused 1

This has been reported and discussed in October in regards to Jomtien.

Reason is the TM30 which has been said the law since 1979 but not enforced consistently.

Yes I know like responding you never had to before!  

I think it was a few years back prior to covid jomtien made a big issue of it that is how the room when one walked into main building left was create. Needed a residential certificate I had to obtain one then there was a confusion as to whether one had to report if they were returning to same residence. After a while it was standard you need not if same.

Today, it has been reported when you do your online report will be asked to upload those document I will be doing my 90 report in December will find out then if the upload will be required. In between I'm sure will find out from others if it will be necessary.

There had been mentioned a TM30 website one can use to report cause the change is now if the residence isnt in your name each time one enter back into Thailand must report within 24 hours or a 2000 Baht fine.

If one own a condo in their name can submit or upload docs once clear do not need to report each time.

Those renting long term like from Airbnd from foreigners are being ask foreigner owner mudt have a work permit. Down at immigration today with the new setup no service is provided unless you have a TM30 in your passport.

I have always done mine online. But unfortunately i went to Australia for a  month, got back on 27th August, so my 90days was ready to  do. Got online this morning and tried to do it online, rejected. I had to go in, with all the new paperwork, and submit it. So if you leave Thailand and return you have to go in to do it. This is Pattaya Immigration. If you dont leave, no problem,  can do online. When i have to it next time, no problem doing online.

Edited by marcho
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

First report?

Not for me. I went today and had to fill out the TM47 and supply passport copies.

Been doing the 90 day report for 20 years now.

Strange thing is that when you get your passport back they still staple in the slip giving the next reporting date, along with the bar code scan

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Not for me. I went today and had to fill out the TM47 and supply passport copies.

Been doing the 90 day report for 20 years now.

Strange thing is that when you get your passport back they still staple in the slip giving the next reporting date, along with the bar code scan

Hmm. Last time when I didn't do the online application and went to the office (Jomtien), they just took out the old slip and stapled in a new one. Didn't fill out anything or supply copies of anything. I think others in the thread did the same?

I hope the online continues working.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Entered my online 90-day yesterday morning 22 November @ 1137. Was APPROVED @ 1330, less than 2 hours later. Quick & E-Z online. No additional anything needed. 

But have you left the country since your last TM30? 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There is no obligation to show a TM30 for on-line 90 day reporting. 

I know. But with immigration now requiring updated TM30 for recent out-of-country travelers, I'm looking to see if anyone has been rejected online due to new entry date and no updated TM30. 

This thread isn't about whether the online reporting website is working or not. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, NE1 said:

I think if it was Law , all online 90 day reporting would cease , and revert back to visitin your local immi office.

It has nothing to do with law. It's a procedural policy of Jomtien immigration. I posted about this in September, including photos of the requirements at the report desk, but I closed the thread due to too many "why don't you report online" comments, insults, and ensuing arguments. Everything needs to be turned into an argument here.

• Sad 1

On 11/15/2023 at 3:54 PM, marcho said:

I have always done mine online. But unfortunately i went to Australia for a  month, got back on 27th August, so my 90days was ready to  do. Got online this morning and tried to do it online, rejected. I had to go in, with all the new paperwork, and submit it. So if you leave Thailand and return you have to go in to do it. This is Pattaya Immigration. If you dont leave, no problem,  can do online. When i have to it next time, no problem doing online.

If I'm understanding your post, you didn't understand that the 90 day address report requirement RESETS when you reenter Thailand. 

So if you didn't know that and tried to report as if it didn't reset, that was simply WRONG.

So if you did that your experience may not be relevant to those that know the correct information -- that the 90 day RESETS. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, kinyara said:

He clearly does understand that his 90 days resets, he says he re-entered on the 27th August and tried to do it online when he posted on the 15th November, which was the 14 days before permissable date before his 90 day deadline. I will confirm myself in a weeks time as I am in the same situation as the poster you replied to.

Sorry I see now that I misinterpreted that.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, frantick said:

I know. But with immigration now requiring updated TM30 for recent out-of-country travelers,

No they don't, or at least not in all cases. I came back from 6 weeks in the UK in October and got a residence certificate to buy a new car a week later using the TM30 that has been in my passport since I lost the slip from the previous one a year or more back, so I would certainly have had that one last December to do my retirement extension. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, frantick said:

I know. But with immigration now requiring updated TM30 for recent out-of-country travelers, I'm looking to see if anyone has been rejected online due to new entry date and no updated TM30. 

This thread isn't about whether the online reporting website is working or not. 

It would not be recent would it, it would be at least 90 days old?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It would not be recent would it, it would be at least 90 days old?

I returned Oct 2. Just worried about my ability to online report next month. I rent, and have asked condo management about an updated TM30, but haven't done it yet. 

20 hours ago, frantick said:

I returned Oct 2. Just worried about my ability to online report next month. I rent, and have asked condo management about an updated TM30, but haven't done it yet. 

I put mine in on Thursday and surprisingly not had it accepted yet, usually same or next day. Not been out of country for an age so not expecting issues, but I too always have a little concern. I live to  the North of Pattaya, so it's a fair drive to immigration and I struggle to keep up to date on road works around town!

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I put mine in on Thursday and surprisingly not had it accepted yet, usually same or next day. Not been out of country for an age so not expecting issues, but I too always have a little concern. I live to  the North of Pattaya, so it's a fair drive to immigration and I struggle to keep up to date on road works around town!

Highly unusual indeed. As previously mentioned, put mine in last Weds 22nd...accepted instantaneously...approved in less than 2 hours. Perhaps got bogged down Fri, then weekend. Only real concern at this point is not accepted yet They are auto-generated replies and should come back in seconds. Keep us posted. 

On 11/24/2023 at 1:46 PM, kinyara said:

He clearly does understand that his 90 days resets, he says he re-entered on the 27th August and tried to do it online when he posted on the 15th November, which was the 14 days before permissable date before his 90 day deadline. I will confirm myself in a weeks time as I am in the same situation as the poster you replied to.

On 11/24/2023 at 1:46 PM, kinyara said: