Thai tourism targets expats with special deals

webfact

27 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

We booked a hotel room at an Imperial Hotel in Central Thailand four weeks ago, it cost 831 baht for two people (no BF). The room was discounted as a promo from 2,600 which we didn't believe, until we got there. The entire front of the hotel, reception and two guests floors had been remodelled, it was easily worth 2,600 but you would never have got that price on a walk in basis. The fact is that many hotels discount their rooms to the likes of Agoda, all TAT has done is to act as an Agoda equivalent.

Yes indeed - that is the way to go.  I find Agoda and Expedia are the best options - there is often some hotel under booked and they offer serious discounts to get more visitors on those days.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

Sorry but i might invalidate my TM30 if I traveled within Thailand. Thai government wants us to travel and do TM30. Can't have both. I'm afraid all these traditional handicrafts demonstrations being put on in villages in the middle of nowhere will just have to take place without me.

I read it was not necessary to  make a new TM30 when you are back home after travelling.

At Chaengwattana, I showed the same TM30 after travelling. No problem

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, daejung said:

I read it was not necessary to  make a new TM30 when you are back home after travelling.

At Chaengwattana, I showed the same TM30 after travelling. No problem

Should be the case but there are reports of new TM30 being required - often due to not able to do 90 day online because of travel address in system.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

Should be the case but there are reports of new TM30 being required - often due to not able to do 90 day online because of travel address in system.

We travel within Thailand frequently, in the past four years I've not needed a new TM30 once, or needed to register again etc etc. My wife books the hotels in her name but I always show ID also and am registered as a guest. You must be doing something wrong if TM30 is an issue for you.

Had a look at the official website.

Disappointing. Just a little website with some exagerated discounts. Nothing of value. Lots of talk for nothing once again.

They seem to be keen on using the world "privilege" a lot like for the new Thai Elite visa.

Just move on faster on longer visa exemptions guys instead of creating things people will never look at. The high season has already started. 

3 minutes ago, hadock said:
I do not understand the fuss about TM30...does every immigration office handle this in a different way?

I can only speak for immigration BKK CW. My condo owner registered me one time in the year 2016  when I moved in. Since then I have made many trips. I stayed all around Thailand , all kinds of Hotels and AirBnB, all bookings in my name, and always showed my passport for registration. And I never had anything to do with TM30 again.  I make my regular 90 day reports, my yearly visa extension, and not one time I have been asked about TM30 again...  

Exactly, it's the same in Chiang Mai, perhaps in Nakon Nowhere things are more strict.....but I seriously doubt it.

• Confused 1

Yet again, call on the expats to bail them out when they have no other options.

When the goose fattens up, cut it open. 

They offer nothing but hostility when the tourists poor in so they can shove their requests up their proverbials.

How about treating expats who contribute towards the economy 365 to better healthcare and more respect and then ask for some assistance.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

They wanted both ways they want more Expats to travel and all the parks and other places you have to pay 10 times the price of locals TIT

Such melodrama about something so trivial and inexpensive,  do you not make up that difference from other savings that result from living here!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Geir Rasch said:

Many years since I stopped filing TM30, can’t remember I ever did. I book rooms in my name, never had any issues with immigration about this.

Why don't you tell us the full story e.g which Imm Office or whether you are on a visa where you leave the country every 90 days  and have no contact with immigration.

If you are saying staying away from your home province doesn't require a new TM30 then the system is working as it should, but others find it doesn't always.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

How about equal rights at the national parks?

Last time I went to Erawan waterfalls they wanted 10X the Thai admission price..
40 baht for nationals 400 baht for me.

I traveled with a Thai family group with nine Thais and me.

My admission was more than theirs combined.

I never returned... so tell me how that benefits tourism?

Waaaa!  You are not and never will be Thai... In Thailand you are a tourist and as such will pay the going rate for tourists... this is done on a worldwide basis... citizens always get discounts in every country even yours... you want a discount go home and get it.

• Confused 1