Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

No idea, ask them if they have any evidence, I'm sure Al Jazeera will rustle some up

The Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem isn't a credible witness? You sound skeptical that this is factually reported. Or maybe just blinded in one eye.

Just now, ozimoron said:

The Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem isn't a credible witness? You sound skeptical that this is factually reported. Or maybe just blinded in one eye.

As far as I am aware, the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem did not actually witness who the killer was, do they know if it was indeed an Israeli or Hamas sniper?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

As far as I am aware, the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem did not actually witness who the killer was, do they know if it was indeed an Israeli or Hamas sniper?

But he has a flappy mouth? It was probably a martian. Do Hamas snipers go about sniping old women?

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back to trolling then............

You're insinuation that the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem was lying about this or that he wasn't certain of his facts is just excusing Israel. You go on further to incredulously suggest snipers may be to blame. It's utterly disgusting.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You're insinuation that the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem was lying about this or that he wasn't certain of his facts is just excusing Israel. You go on further to incredulously suggest snipers may be to blame. It's utterly disgusting.

Can you point out where I insinuated they were lying?

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you prove otherwise? instead of another troll response such as this?

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

But he has a flappy mouth? It was probably a martian. Do Hamas snipers go about sniping old women?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Let's be honest here, the IDF are without doubt unprofessional bullies who are only taking revenge for the attack of the 7th.

Only a matter of time before the whole world turns on them and their leaders.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you point out where I insinuated they were lying?

Can you prove otherwise? instead of another troll response such as this?

Quoting the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem is not trolling. You insinuated he was lying, not me.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

'Killing rage': Wallace warns Israel not to fuel conflict for another 50 years after Netanyahu says no ceasefire

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/wallace-israel-cameron-netanyahu/

The foreign ministers said: "Israel has the right to defend itself but, in doing so, it must abide by international humanitarian law.

"Israel will not win this war if its operations destroy the prospect of peaceful co-existence with Palestinians. They have a right to eliminate the threat posed by Hamas.

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Is the Pope lying as well.

Pope speaks out after IDF sniper kills two women inside Gaza church

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/16/middleeast/idf-sniper-gaza-church-deaths-intl-hnk/index.html

Can you quote where I said anyone was lying, let alone the frigging pope? Can you supply any evidence, as to who it was that fired?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

It's all very clear to me Brian, no matter what happens you and your ilk will defend Israel whatever is put here, sadly.

My Ilk?

Deflecting from your false assertions that I was accusing people of lying......

You may want to check your own link by the way, the Pope did not apportion blame to any particular side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2023 at 6:11 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Talk about poetic justice!

Nothing accidental or mistaken about it. They were shot because the israeli troops thought they were Palestinian, and despite the lack of upper clothing to show they didn't have a bomb, and the white flag they were deliberately shot on purpose.

netanyahu is "upset" about it, but only because they were israeli. Had they been Palestinian, he'd probably have given the shooters a medal for bravery.

Not the first under a white flag to be shot by israelis either.

Been watching the aftermath of the vile and despicable vandals after israeli troops left Palestinian homes with all the contents destroyed, on Al Jazeera.

One day in the future, I don't know when and it could be decades in the future, israelis may come to regret what it's done now.

Some things are so vile that they will never be forgotten and never forgiven.

@thaibeachlovers

Poetic Justice?! You lost the plot.

Poetic justice how? For whom?

Don't recall you expressing any issues with the sort of complaints you raise above when it came to the Hamas 7/10 attack.

As for you furture predictions - are you back making them? Do you suppose there might be a more recent one in which Hamas leaders contemplate their decisions? Or maybe Palestinian leadreship in general? Nah....somehow even your fantasies manage to be one-sided.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/17/2023 at 9:40 AM, ozimoron said:

It makes one wonder how many surrendering Hamas fighters were shot in cold blood. Anyone who describes war crimes as a legitimate act of war has a lot to answer for.

Makes one wonder how much things you'll insinuate without support. Guess a whole lot by the time these topics are done with.

Recall all them pictures and clips of Hamas/Gazasn surrendering? Some in their underwear etc.? They obviously weren't shot.

On 12/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, ozimoron said:

Israel declaring war against Hamas does not mean the war started on that date. The Israelis would love people to think the Hamas attack occurred out of the blue.

On 12/17/2023 at 1:38 PM, ozimoron said:

It didn't start on the 7th. That's an Israeli propaganda myth.

No, this would be you not reading topics again. Or reading and ignoring comments made.

This topic is about current events. Not a rehash of all related issues.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, ozimoron said:

And why do you think Hamas committed those atrocities? Not about racist? It's either that or Israeli repression. I think it's racism on both sides. The Israelis are quick to jump on the antisemitic bandwagon and now you think racism isn't to blame.

Reasons for Hamas attack were discussed numerous times, in length and detail on these topics.

That you limit the options to two contrived possibilities is nonsense.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 3:25 PM, ozimoron said:

Propaganda. Here we have a Jew telling Muslims how they worship.

Plenty of comments on these topics opining 'sagely' on how and what Jews worship, made by non-Jews.

Doesn't bother you much.

Yeah, I know....you didn't see it.

Sure.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:42 PM, ozimoron said:

I've been accused of antisemitism for no reason other than opposition to Israeli policies and Netanyahu in particular. Numerous times.

I don't think you actually have. Not quite as you describe, for sure.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:17 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

The Israel V Muslim Country confrontation is based on Religion .

Muslims consider Jews and Christians  to be unbelievers and only Muslims believe in the true God.

Muslims view it as a Religious war, Israel  views it as a battle for survival 

On 12/17/2023 at 3:19 PM, ozimoron said:

It's based on land and resources.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:23 PM, placeholder said:

One has to be astonishingly ignorant of the Israeli rule in the West Bank and Gaza to believe that Palestinian hatred of Israel is based on anti-semitism. There's no doubt that anti-semitism is prevalent in the community. But, as I pointed out to you before, and to no avail, the Palestinians have plenty of reasons for hating Israel that have nothing to do with it being a Jewish country.

The conflict is multi-faceted.

Saying it's about this, that or the other is bound to make for a flawed take.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:14 PM, placeholder said:

Given * a bombing policy that even the Biden administration thinks is way over the top, you think a charge of ethnic cleansing is presumptively invalid? Allow me to acquaint you with the definition of ethnic cleansing

"Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic, racial, or religious groups from a given area, with the intent of making a region ethnically homogeneous."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing#:~:text=Ethnic cleansing is the systematic,making a region ethnically homogeneous.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:26 PM, placeholder said:

And it's a sure thing that the only intention of Israel was to move the Gazans out of harm's way? As I pointed out, even the Biden administration thinks the Israeli bombing is excessive. A while back it was report that 45% of structures in the North of Gaza were destroyed or seriously damaged. It's got to be worse by now. What have the Gazans got to move back to? Why wouldn't the Israelis want the Gazans to leave and go elsewhere?

On 12/17/2023 at 3:31 PM, placeholder said:

I don't know about that but whether it is or isn't, I think it's pretty clear that Israeli is using the bombing campaign to somewhat depopulate Gaza. Not by genocide, but just by making the place uninhabitable for a good portion of the population.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:42 PM, placeholder said:

I believe that one reason for the massive level of bombing is to force many or even most Gazans to move elsewhere. Not sure that any Mideast government wants to receive them. So it's not so much a plan as it is a kind of hope.

So basically, you've got nothing but a feeling to back this up with, right?

Here are some other questions marks -

What would be the point of this ?

Given the current composition of the Israeli war cabinet, how would this float? Never mind be an actual option?

If that was the thinking, how come there are still Gazans in the Northern part? And why was there (relatively) less of this in the center of the Gaza Strip?

Why isn't Rafah bombed?

And if that was it - why send in ground troops ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1