Moving and storage services? Failed marriage

notrub

On 11/26/2023 at 5:18 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Think twice what you want to store and for how long.

When I moved to Thailand, I paid for storage for lots of things in my home country.

After years I finally realized that that was just wasted money.

Be smart, don't pay for storage which you don't need. 

He is looking for revenge...$ it dont matter..

On 11/26/2023 at 2:45 PM, Morch said:

I know that there are such services on offer in Thailand. We were looking into it some years back when I had to relocate for a while. Seemed efficient, pro, good English spoken by rep. The Mrs. came to her senses and decreed it was a waste of money (was definitely not cheap) so we found an alternative solution. Should be more of them about nowadays. I'll try ask the Mrs. for details. As I recall, the major component was the storage bit. This was in Bangkok, btw.

What I do recall - we were staying at rented apartment, and there was a requirement that we either produce a written statement by owner/management regarding furniture that came with the place, or that someone will be present when packing/moving. It would seem reasonable to assume that in your case something like that may be required as well. They ain't in the business of getting caught in the middle of fight.

I like the option of moving the gear into a place you are renting - storage fees here are often very high and not so good (damage from weather and insects/mice etc.) Yes removalist companies exist here - I have never used one so cannot recommend anyone.

• Confused 1