Visa-free travel policies boost global tourism and economy

webfact

51 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Wow! Make it easy for tourists and they will come spend money? WHAT a NOVEL CONCEPT!

Hm,....Some tourists,...but not for the western tourists,....which are bigger spenders,...strange Concept indeed !!!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, geisha said:

The fact is real tourists stay less than 2 weeks, and take holidays when the kids have holidays, summer and Christmas. This is the world over. 
For long stay tourists or snowbirds ( people staying through the western winters) there could  be a 90 day visa which can be extended once at immigration, and this visa should be available online !!! No running to Thai embassies or  waiting ( sometimes endlessly) for the sticker to arrive. Lots of countries have an online system, Myanmar ( when one could travel) Cambodia, Indonesia, Australia etc . Thailand technology is not capable of doing a simple online application visa online !! Hell, get in the foreign tech experts , do something that works for once !  Nobody is worried about getting an online visa if it is a simple process. 

Tourist Visa application has got much simpler since November 2023. Have a look. Its a doddle 

I am from the US. I used to go when things were easy for me to bang up a retirement visa. Now?  Flight prices have gone crazy 30 days and then 30 day extension.  I went through that a couple of times. Now, Thailand is on the bottom of my travel destination list. Thailand was always , if from the US you were a walking ATM. I personally did not mind it. But, after the government got involved it took it to a whole new level.  Passsss

Thailand shot themselves in the foot. Before Covid China was booming and the Thai government was like China in West out. Now, Po bear, has decimated the economy and Thailand is scrambling to adapt.. My opinion is S@rew em. my money goes elsewhere. 

Not only that but you can have the little Russia mafia that has taken hold.. Fond memories but things change. Luckily I don't have to put up with it.. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The visa-free travel policy resulted in a 26% increase in searches for Thailand among Indian and Taiwanese travellers

Since when do online searches translate into personal actions?

Might be better to survey actual airfare purchases or the like by foreigners or check with immigration for actual foreign tourist entries since policy went into effect.

• Like 1

An increase in online searches does not translate to business. Since grovelling to China bookings have slumped and 10 Chinese airlines have halved flight plans because of poor bookings. This article is little more than an attempt to talk up a business that is experiencing zero positive result from visa free policies.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, off road pat said:

Hm,....Some tourists,...but not for the western tourists,....which are bigger spenders,...strange Concept indeed !!!!

the statistic tells a diffrent thing and i see so many pooor western farangs here that i sometime think that " the west is devestated" and  this old arrogance" we are on top of the world ". so many farangs here locking for just to save 5 thb on whatever , great tourism too

and thailand is not anymore  the land of smiles and the thailandvirus is a thing of the past too . there are so many other places in the world 

• Confused 1