Air China, China Eastern, Shanghai Airlines pump the brakes on December and January flights

webfact

2 hours ago, stoner said:

china is in a lot of trouble financially right now. ne how ? na more like ne who. 

I saw an interview with an IMF person a few days ago, they upped the Chinese growth forecast for both 2023 and 2024, along with many of the leading investment banks.

China has plenty of interesting places to be seen, and with the massive infrastructure built it is much easier to access them now. The domestic tourism is on the rise.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I saw an interview with an IMF person a few days ago, they upped the Chinese growth forecast for both 2023 and 2024, along with many of the leading investment banks.

China has plenty of interesting places to be seen, and with the massive infrastructure built it is much easier to access them now. The domestic tourism is on the rise.

seems so....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6woLkxmdKHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PxRxwTa50

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

And Taiwan - whose plane that is in the pic ?

Taiwan has China Airlines and Eva Air, both excellent airlines.

However, I do sometimes feel nervous when flying into Taipei because of the constant harassment of the Taiwanese by the Mainland.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

What Id like to see is what does the schedule look like for CA, MU etc for all major routes; not just BKK.

I suspect that both carriers have done some cutting across multiple markets - not just to TH… and probably more notable to leisure markets and less so to major trunk routes and other key markets. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Taiwan has China Airlines and Eva Air, both excellent airlines.

However, I do sometimes feel nervous when flying into Taipei because of the constant harassment of the Taiwanese by the Mainland.

Are you afraid the CCP is going to invade during your transit at the airport? What is the statistical probability of that happening? I have long ago stopped fretting over things I have no control over, nor things that are highly unlikely to happen. The CCP are insane. No question about that. But, are they insane enough to invade Taiwan?

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a reason for this but it's not what anyone seems to think it is.

Make no mistake, there are many wealthy Chinese ready to travel all over the world.

You will need a good memory to know it though as it's been largely removed from the internet.

There is a list of countries where travel is discouraged, about 20 countries are on the list and Thailand is one of them.

It's to do with crime, reporting of crime and criminal gangs from China operating out of these countries.

Original articles reporting this have strangely 'gone missing' but they still existi within the archived memory banks of Googles Bard - see below

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Surprisingly, even the allure of free visas for Chinese nationals failed to ignite a tourism boom.

Fully expected

5 hours ago, webfact said:

This suggests that economic challenges within China play a pivotal role in the decline of Chinese tourists flocking to Thailand.

No - it suggests the semi official ban is still in force.

This is from Bard :

Yes, there were indeed reports of the Chinese government issuing travel restrictions for its citizens to certain Southeast Asian countries, including Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia. These restrictions were primarily aimed at curbing criminal activities involving individuals posing as Chinese tourists.

In 2022, the Chinese Ministry of Culture and Tourism announced the suspension of outbound group tours to 20 countries, including Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos. This suspension was part of a broader effort to combat illegal activities such as online gambling and telecommunication fraud, which were often perpetrated by Chinese nationals traveling to these countries.

While individual travel was not explicitly banned, it was significantly discouraged due to the suspension of group tours. Additionally, Chinese authorities reportedly issued warnings to citizens regarding the risks of traveling to these countries independently.

As of today, November 28, 2023, the suspension of outbound group tours to Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos remains in effect. However, there have been indications that the Chinese government may be considering relaxing these restrictions.

In October 2023, the Chinese Ministry of Culture and Tourism announced a pilot program to resume group tours to Thailand for certain categories of travelers, such as senior citizens and business groups. This suggests that the government may be moving towards a more nuanced approach to travel restrictions, balancing safety concerns with the desire to promote tourism.

That's the reason that nobody is talking about, it's not new, they all know about it yet don't speak about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

But, are they insane enough to invade Taiwan?

Is USA stupid enough to try to stop them if they did, that would be an all-out war.

I'm sure USA don't need that any more than China does.

Now it's a stand-off between global powers.

Sure, there are rich Chinese, there always was. But this is mostly about ordinary middle class who are running out of money more so than any advisory on not visiting. 

Yes the US would help defend Taiwan (they are obliged to) if China were stupid enough to try it on. Militarily an untested paper tiger. 

20 hours ago, JoePai said:

And Taiwan - whose plane that is in the pic ?

China Airlines is Taiwanese.  Not Chinese.  At one point during the pandemic, China Airlines was contemplating changing its name so people wouldn't think they were a Chinese airline.   I've flown China Airlines quite a bit, and it was quite nice.  For some reason when a newspaper writes about Chinese Airlines, they show China Airlines photo.  You think they would know by now.?

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Is USA stupid enough to try to stop them if they did, that would be an all-out war.

Yes. China invading Taiwan would likely result in a naval war of some sort, and it is likely China would be crushed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

IT WILL  be some years ahead until china would reunficate with taiwan peacegfully or in flight. nobody can afford a war at this stage and time

1. The US first want to finish their reundustrialization programm for relevant industries ( like Tsmc,intel) this would be end of the decade ( and i even guess the Eu-Ru  conflict plays into the hands of US by increasing dependency of eu from US)

2. China to dependend on export and their eyes are on growth , the primary goal

and when both reach their goals , nobody would help taiwan anymore ,min not more than blablabla

and taiwan ,lock at the map and staues of the island and historie its at the end a part of china

The world is changed , and their will be a final new world order, where the US loosing the dominance, the US is fighting for their suvival in the dominance of global capital markets and usd dominated system.their will be a lot more conflicts ahead during the transiton period

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, stoner said:

The Chinese real estate sector is in distress, which IMO is very good thing.  It would be good if the Aussie government  has  the guts to smash the property speculation cockroaches the same way.

On 11/28/2023 at 4:15 PM, ukrules said:

There is a reason for this but it's not what anyone seems to think it is.

Make no mistake, there are many wealthy Chinese ready to travel all over the world.

You will need a good memory to know it though as it's been largely removed from the internet.

There is a list of countries where travel is discouraged, about 20 countries are on the list and Thailand is one of them.

It's to do with crime, reporting of crime and criminal gangs from China operating out of these countries.

Original articles reporting this have strangely 'gone missing' but they still existi within the archived memory banks of Googles Bard - see below

Fully expected

No - it suggests the semi official ban is still in force.

This is from Bard :

That's the reason that nobody is talking about, it's not new, they all know about it yet don't speak about it.

I wholeheartedly agree with your hypothesis. I have a Chinese friend who teaches in China and he stated to me that travel overseas has become a problem. They CCP had even recalled all passports from the teachers and have made it very difficult to obtain new ones now that Covid restrictions have stopped. 

19 minutes ago, thesetat said:

I wholeheartedly agree with your hypothesis. I have a Chinese friend who teaches in China and he stated to me that travel overseas has become a problem. They CCP had even recalled all passports from the teachers and have made it very difficult to obtain new ones now that Covid restrictions have stopped. 

Indeed, what I posted is not merely a theory, it's been going on for a long time now.

The reason the Chinese are not coming to Thailand is because the Chinese government won't allow them to come. It's as simple as that.

Every day I read another propaganda article about encouraging more Chinese to come - it's pure nonsense, the government know this as well, so do TAT. Yet they persist with the fantasy.

When the Thais provide whatever it is that the Chinese government want from the Thai government then the floodgates will open again.

It must be something big or it would have happened already.

They have weaponised tourism for decades.

I've posted about this issue many times over the months yet the people on this forum don't seem to get it, they think it's due to a failing Chinese economy. They're all falling for the propaganda and cover up of what's going on.

Edited by ukrules
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2023 at 7:13 AM, gearbox said:

The Chinese real estate sector is in distress, which IMO is very good thing.  It would be good if the Aussie government  has  the guts to smash the property speculation cockroaches the same way.

distress is  nice talk ..its in a complete crash

china smashed the cockroaches in speculation NO !! they done years the opposite of it ,in terms of credit relaxaion, tax advantages, and since 2 years in terms of direct help. Goverment was the major supporter of the property bubble that  exist today

this in terms of money is the biggest the world ever seen

• Like 1