I found a hair in my Pizza.

bob smith

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

I found a big old greasy black hair in my pizza the other day at a cafe/restaurant. 

I did what I thought was right and sent it back,

demanded a refund and a fresh pizza.

to my surprise I got both.

What would you have done in that situation?

would you have complained like me or would you have kept quiet, removed the hair and scoffed your pizza?

bob.

Finding that would have gotten my hair on end.

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

I found a big old greasy black hair in my pizza the other day at a cafe/restaurant. 

would you have complained like me or would you have kept quiet, removed the hair and scoffed your pizza?

bob.

I would have left there ,paid and never go back.  Unless  I was a frequent customer then i would have told them  but still never go back.  What city /town if I may inquire?   

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, bob smith said:

bob.

Bob got a hair pie, way to go bob

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:
23 hours ago, bob smith said:

I'd have said nothing and eaten the pizza. It's not as if the odd hair does any harm.

Not on a one off level... 

But if its a general indication of hygiene standards, then it could be considered a warning flag. 

If the people in the kitchen aren't following hygiene standards, wearing hair nets etc, are they washing their hands after using the bathroom?....   Are they aware of basic hygiene standards ?

To be fair, I very rarely get ill from food in Thailand, so I believe the general hygiene standards to be reasonable - but just as anywhere else there are places that fall below the mark... and if such things are repeated, then I'd not want to return to that place. 

Telling the owners of the issue means they have the option to do something about it if they so choose. 

Their response to the feedback also gives the customer good indication of their attitudes towards safety too and could influence the decision for a return visit.

i.e. If the manager or an owner of a place didn't respond we to a complaint about a hair in the pizza, I'd not want to go back. But, if they were apologetic and were thankful of the feedback I'd very happily give the place another try.

• Sad 1

On 11/28/2023 at 1:15 PM, ezzra said:

A strand of head's hair in food is not a big deal, unless its a strand of pubic hair, where it can alter the flavour of the food item...

What's the best test you could do to find out from where the hair originated from?

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not on a one off level... 

But if its a general indication of hygiene standards, then it could be considered a warning flag. 

If the people in the kitchen aren't following hygiene standards, wearing hair nets etc, are they washing their hands after using the bathroom?....   Are they aware of basic hygiene standards ?

To be fair, I very rarely get ill from food in Thailand, so I believe the general hygiene standards to be reasonable - but just as anywhere else there are places that fall below the mark... and if such things are repeated, then I'd not want to return to that place. 

Telling the owners of the issue means they have the option to do something about it if they so choose. 

Their response to the feedback also gives the customer good indication of their attitudes towards safety too and could influence the decision for a return visit.

i.e. If the manager or an owner of a place didn't respond we to a complaint about a hair in the pizza, I'd not want to go back. But, if they were apologetic and were thankful of the feedback I'd very happily give the place another try.

I have yet to see a chef or kitchen person wearing an apron  wash their hands after leaving toilet in Malls 

On my 50th birthday (which was quite a few decades ago) my wife turned up with a hot pizza and a cold carton of beer. Considering we live in the boonies about 3 hours from civilisation, to this day I don't know how she did it.

IMG_20231130_100623.jpg