Thaksin’s Medical Expenses At Police Hospital Entirely Covered By Taxpayers’ Money

webfact

3 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

) it would have cost the taxpayer B300 a day to treat those on NO or low income. The Military government abolished that. He is in a police hospital, which is government funded.

The 30B health thing is no longer ?

Edited by Ralf001

9 minutes ago, RobU said:

If all prisoners have their medical bills paid by the state then this is a non story and a deliberately inflammatory article. It is published to agitate public opinion and cause trouble.

For mild cases they are treated in the dispensary at the prison, if server then ANY prisoner is transferred to A government hospital, not matter who you are. or how rich you are. All at the taxpayers' expense.

• Confused 2

A prisoner I think is his title now in a 5 star VIP hospital room in bkk.No surprise there but will other inmates get the same treatment i think not.Paying for treatment prisoners do not,but not 5 star treatment.Probadly all part of his deal I imagine.I just wonder what thai people think of this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

In Canada, prisoners who need medical operations and attention, also do not pay for it. How is this a news story?

Think about it.

As a Canadian, and one who is quite familiar with Thailand, comparing Thai medical treatment to the Canadian system is apples and oranges.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

People should realize the day before he came back to Thailand. He was parting with his friend in Cambodia, the dictator, so within a few hours after his return, he takes a helicopter ride into a private suite in the hospital for 100 days. I can’t believe he still alive, he must’ve been really ill, if the truth really came out, I don’t believe anybody here would be totally shocked. The deal was done before he arrived, and his new jet TIT. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, khunpeer said:

so the taxpayers pick up the bill  but they cannot know what the exact "illnesses" are?

shame! not even on Thaksin (a fox never looses his tricks) but on the government letting this all happen...

That intravenous champagne drip doesn't come cheap.......

• Haha 2

This guy has got everyone in his pocket I am expecting to hear that he has been given a full pardon in the next few weeks and all of a sudden he will be fit and healthy . No other convicted criminal would be treated in such wonderful ways as this guy the whole thing stinks 

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

And ?

Whilst I have enough cash to cover my medical expenses I prefer to let the government cover the bills too.

Silly not to if that option is available !

If you were arrested and incarcerated, healthcare is not an option but an obligation of the authorities. They assume responsibility for the welfare of the arrested. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Why such a fuss? If he was a police officer in the past and also a PM, was he not covered by Thai insurance after he left the job?

Can you imagine any insurance company paying the amount of money required to keep him in a top class "hospital" and all that "treatment" for

all his "illnesses"? It is hard enough trying to get insurance companies to pay out in normal circumstances let alone this. It would take an awful lot 

of their usual small print to get round that lot. :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

And?

Who's paying for the thousands of inmates locked up in prison?

It is certain that inmates reporting of their ailments and their acknowledgement by the authorities and subsequent level of care and treatment will be nowhere near what Thaksin is receiving.

Edited by freeworld
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

You miss the the whole point of this argument, it is NOT about what is he entitled to, it is about showing that he, as a mega rich man and with aspirations to be a leader in this country again, can be a the bigger man and DO THE RIGHT THING and show that he doesn't need the country to fund his stay in hospital.. got my drift now?...

He is in prison so no access to his riches. Plus have you ever been to the Police Hospital? It was first built in the 1800s, it was first used as a pox hospital mainly for prostitutes. It was revamped by the prince's charity, and turned into a teaching hospital, before it became the RTP Hospital in the 1970s. Thaksin did a lot of things to help the poor and low-income working class and the farmers who were getting ripped off by the rich and powerful in Bangkok. Plus he never ordered the shooting of Thai civilians by the RTA, who NO ONE was ever brought to account for under the military government. Why do you think the minority yellow shirts wanted him out? He has and is doing nothing that all the politicians/ military have done before and after him.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1