How To Increase IQ in Thailand from 89... to HK Level, 107? Any Ideas?

GammaGlobulin

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

If Thais had the same average IQ as the Japanese, how many of us do you think could afford to live here?

You should be careful what you wish for.

Your statement makes no sense.

You always seem to look at all questions just from your personal perspective, in other words, what is best for yourself, and not what might be best for others.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Your statement makes no sense.

You always seem to look at all questions just from your personal perspective, in other words, what is best for yourself, and not what might be best for others.

I daresay the statement will make sense to others who want to think about what I posted, in preference to automatically searching for a snide comment.

I have already posted how my GF benefits after my death. What are you doing that is, or will be, best for others? Is there anyone that will mourn your passing?

21 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

An average IQ is 85-115. The scale is adjusted to ensure that's the range. Anything within it is average. In terms of being able to do a regular job, there will be no discernable difference between someone with an IQ of 89 or 107. The tests are not that precise. You are reading far too much into them.

That's the average IQ for white western people.

Thais have a lower average, Cambodians are even lower.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

"From 2002 to 2006 two professors conducted IQ research in more than 180 nations. The result was their World Ranking of Countries by Their Average IQ, rank ordered by average IQ (with many ties due to identical results). Thailand ranked 16 with an average IQ of 91. Other ASEAN nations ranked: Singapore, 1-average IQ 108; Vietnam, 13-94; Malaysia, 15-92; Brunei, 16-91; Cambodia, 16-91; Laos, 18-89; Indonesia, 20-87; Myanmar, 20-87; Philippines, 21-86.[154"]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_rankings_of_Thailand#:~:text=Thailand ranked 16 with an,%3B Philippines%2C 21-86.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That's not how IQ tests work. IQ tests are culturally dependent. An American taking an IQ test normed for the UK will score lower than they would on a test normed for the USA, and vice versa. Of course a Thai will score lower on a USA-normed test, and an American or Brit would score lower on a Thai-normed test. They are designed to have an average of 100 wherever they were intended to be used. 

There is no valid universal IQ test. You can't just translate it into another language and call it equivalent. The bigger the cultural and language differences, the more useless an IQ test is unless it has been normed locally. Even the most basic things like digit span and working memory are confounded by language. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

"From 2002 to 2006 two professors conducted IQ research in more than 180 nations. The result was their World Ranking of Countries by Their Average IQ, rank ordered by average IQ (with many ties due to identical results). Thailand ranked 16 with an average IQ of 91. Other ASEAN nations ranked: Singapore, 1-average IQ 108; Vietnam, 13-94; Malaysia, 15-92; Brunei, 16-91; Cambodia, 16-91; Laos, 18-89; Indonesia, 20-87; Myanmar, 20-87; Philippines, 21-86.[154"]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_rankings_of_Thailand#:~:text=Thailand ranked 16 with an,%3B Philippines%2C 21-86.

Lynn and Vanhanen, but their 'research' is garbage. It had pretty much every methodological flaw you can have with IQ tests. Un-normed tests, no random samples, taking massively skewed data and claiming it was representative of an entire country. (For example, the estimate for Sierra-Leon was based on how well a group of schoolchildren could draw stick men. Lynn and Vanhanen used that as an estimate for adult IQ across the whole country. Even the original authors objected to Lynn and Vanhanen's interpretation.) When they couldn't even find data that bad, they just 'estimated', i.e., made it up, based on countries nearby or which they felt were somehow similar, with no documentation of criteria of course. The data was manipulated so egregiously that it is meaningless. 

But then Richard Lynn built his entire career around trying (unsuccessfully) to prove his white supremacist theories. If he'd been right, he wouldn't have had to keep faking data to get publications. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

There is no valid universal IQ test. You can't just translate it into another language and call it equivalent. The bigger the cultural and language differences, the more useless an IQ test is unless it has been normed locally. Even the most basic things like digit span and working memory are confounded by language. 

Have you ever spoken with Thais? They are clearly unable to understand the simplest concepts.

As for your white supremacists manipulating the results, I doubt they would have judged Jews as having the highest IQs.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Have you ever spoken with Thais? They are clearly unable to understand the simplest concepts.

All of them ???...   Or, while contributing to a topic about IQ have you made a fundamental IQ blunder and drawn upon a flawed generalisation based your own limited exposure to a cross section of the Thai demographic perhaps exposing your own limited IQ ????  :whistling:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I teach here, including first-year undergrad Thais who have a much better understanding of this topic than you do. 

I doubt many Thais have an understanding of any topic.

As for Thai undergrads ...... Almost all female, cos the guys can't be bothered. And I've interacted with many Thai female undergrads, my wife being one of them, and my daughter another.

Edited by BritManToo

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

All of them ???...   Or, while contributing to a topic about IQ have you made a fundamental IQ blunder and drawn upon a flawed generalisation based your own limited exposure to a cross section of the Thai demographic perhaps exposing your own limited IQ ????  :whistling:

Last month a Thai university lecturer tried to murder me because he was having a bit of a bad day.

My limited iq is 140+.

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Last month a Thai university lecturer tried to murder me because he was having a bit of a bad day.

My limited iq is 140+.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I've read enough of your comments to know that is most certainly untrue !!!.... 

And, if your suggestion is that Thai's are not intelligent because a University Professor took such a strong dislike to you, then you're simply affirming the contraction to your IQ claim !!! 

Edited by richard_smith237

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I've read enough of your comments to know that is most certainly untrue !!!.... 

And, if your suggestion is that Thai's are not intelligent because a University Professor took such a strong dislike to you, then you're simply affirming the contraction to your IQ claim !!! 

Well Dick, from your posts I have concluded you're entirely ordinary, and probably fit in very well with the average Thai males.

Interesting that you think it's Ok to murder people to whom you've taken a dislike.

Edited by BritManToo

On 12/1/2023 at 3:43 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Japan is the LONELIEST Island that you'll every try....

Japan consists of more than 1 island , the 3 major islands are Kyushu in the South , Honshu the main island which contains Tokyo , Osaka & Kyoto  and Hokkaido to the North where I live..

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And I've interacted with many Thai female undergrads, my wife being one of them, and my daughter another.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I see.... 

Apologies - but you're leaving the door wide open - and after insulting all Thai's with your IQ I figured I'd step through.

It's amazing how so many "high IQ" western men get ripped off by uneducated rice farmers daughters. 

The answer lies within the Dunning-Kruger effect. You may be able to wire a plug but she knows how to wire you to the moon. The one skill that Thais have that we westerners do not is the inate ability to live within their society, knowing their place and limitations. We westerners have a lot to learn  

50 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You can have a doctor, fixing your illness, or perform a surgery.

But maybe he is not able to drive a nail into wood, cook a meal, or whatever.

Rest my case.

Or a forum member who thinks they are a lawyer in a court room delivering their final statement and 'resting their case' !!!! :giggle:

You make a point though... there are many different types of intelligence.

51 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I never had any trouble shopping in Thailand. That you had to travel 10,00 miles to live in a foreign land, possibly using a "wify" visa, speaks volumes.

I did not travel 10,000 miles to live in a foreign land.

I have been in Asia most of my life.

How far from here to HK? Or, to Japan? Or, to China? Or, to Taiwan?

I never had any trouble shopping in HK or Japan.

53 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The answer to this question should have been obvious, even to you.

I am posting on TV.

The oozlum bird has responded.

You are so far up yourself it's surprising you are still here.