Russian court bans 'LGBT movement'

CharlieH

1 hour ago, WhatMeWorry said:

I lived in Russian for awhile, I quite enjoyed it. The women are very beautiful and they have some great beers in Russia. Traveling around Russia by train is a great experience as you get to meet many local people. I never had any problems and was always welcomed into peoples homes. And one of the best things was not seeing the debauchery imposed on Western society by those waving the rainbow flag.

Where do you see this 'debauchery' in Western society? Do you have your own personal definition of debauchery?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Sorry I am a straight male and always have been, just not good at marriages (had to many). I have a few things that I do not like, but hetrophobia only comes into play when protecting my bank balance.

Copy of pics to help you.

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpeg

OK dude, I am blocking your post!

Blocking.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

I lived in Russian for awhile, I quite enjoyed it. The women are very beautiful and they have some great beers in Russia. Traveling around Russia by train is a great experience as you get to meet many local people. I never had any problems and was always welcomed into peoples homes. And one of the best things was not seeing the debauchery imposed on Western society by those waving the rainbow flag.

May I suggest Iran?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

RU is actually the only place I have an interest in explore, if I ever went international for a holiday.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Tug said:

I donno,I don’t think people choose to be homosexual they just are,I’ve never been or felt threatened by them we all know how strong our sex drive is they aren’t a threat.what could you possibly expect from a government that trains its felons to invade its neighbor?compasson?acceptance?I’ve come to expect only the worst from Russia under Putin and it’s a shame they are better than that 😞 

No, nobody chooses to be homosexual, ones sexuality is set in the womb. I don't have an issue with gay people just with that stupid flag which shows exclusivity it's an 'us' and 'them' mentality which surely goes against what the gay movement was all about. I also dislike the pandering of many companies and organizations to rally round the flag to show how 'woke' they are.

Any war is a senseless tragedy although each has its reasons, good or bad. Russia has been goaded unnecessarily for years by the USA and bringing the Ukraine into the western fold (against all agreements to the contrary) was the last straw, Russia is now surrounded by potential enemies on its borders which for a paranoid state like Russia is just too much. If Russia was truly democratic this would never have happened but perhaps this war is a harbinger of change.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

RU is actually the only place I have an interest in explore, if I ever went international for a holiday.

Of course it is.

At least until the next topic where some comment like that would be made....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Just so, Comrade.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:33 AM, KhunLA said:

A few assumptions, all wrong, since not knowing me.

Apparently you didn't understand my post.   Have a nice day.

What's apparent is that you didn't read the article. It was about the state punishing people for their opinions, not about the validity of them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, KhunLA said:

They are, all men & women are, not matter what gender you want to call yourself.  Marriage is not a human right.   Frankly, they should count their blessings :coffee1:

I wish I wasn't allowed to marry a few of my past partners.

I only married to make visa easy. I will never marry again. Silly piece of paper. I will never trust a woman again nor a white person.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:30 PM, soalbundy said:

The flag is an affront to the eyes. They want to be accepted and included into society but set themselves apart by having their own flag, "Hey look at me, I'm different", no you aren't, you're boring. Thais don't have a relaxed view on these issues, they are polite and avoid confrontation which you would know if you could speak Thai and listen to what is said behind their backs, but never openly. 

Agree. The Thais have a very sensible approach to all of this. They know that trans women are not really women, that's why they have a name for them (Katoey) and refer to them as the third sex. 

They do not scream from the rooftops about being gay, they simply get on with their lives and are generally accepted. That's how it should be. A lot of the problems in the west appear to be coming from individuals who do not wish to just be accepted, they want to stand out, they want to be seen as special. That's why we see such attention seeking behaviour at the Pride marches. Purple hair, overly flamboyant behaviour, indecent exposure etc. It all just screams "look at meeeeee".

I disagree with banning the movement though. Just cordon off the parades, keep it away from the general public, keep children out etc.    

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1