Most of Thailand will turn slightly cooler over the weekend

snoop1130

sharp_drop.jpg

Temperatures in most of Thailand, except southern provinces, are forecast to drop by 1-3 degrees Celsius this Saturday, due to a moderate cold front from China, which is currently over Vietnam and northern Laos and which is predicted to cover north-eastern Thailand and the South China Sea today, reported the Meteorological Department today.

As a result of the cold weather and humidity from the South China Sea and the Gulf, induced by the easterly wind, northern Thailand will initially experience isolated rainfall, before temperatures start to fall by 1-3 degrees Celcius from tomorrow.

Low temperatures in northern provinces are forecast to range from 18-23 degrees Celsius in the lowlands and 10-15 degrees Celsius in mountainous areas.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-12-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

It's a brisk 26 in Pattaya at 7am.

Well unless my weather station is faulty (very possible) it is reading 31 now in central/north Pattaya - 9.37am.....

I thought I read only a couple of days ago that this cold front was going away and it was getting warmer again............?

In fact it was here but looks like only for a day on a re-read

Edited by topt

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

28C at 05:00 this morning in my neck of the woods... 

Wow, not exactly refreshing indeed.

14C two days ago 6am, today back up to 16 or 17C, pretty much maxed out at your 28 morning temp up here today, read in the shade of course and with a few clouds plus a bit of cooler breeze blowing all day.

That's Phayao Centrale, as far away from any mountain you can possibly get around here and temps are quite standard for this time of year as well ... downside: smeggin' air pollution is creeping up already ...

Edited by jollyhangmon
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Sunday night and again it's pissing down. Hot today. Weekend over. Rain continuing into December. 

Just a bit of cloud where I am North of Pattaya, gone warm again. Beats 6 inches of snow like North UK!

• Like 1