Is it possible to order Bolt car for pickup from CM Airport?

SiamAndy

yes, it is possible, of course, but most do not have the approval to pick up passengers incoming at the airport--but, it is done, of course,  other airport taxis do not like grab or bolt, etc as they must pay a fee to the "airport" in order to collect customers,

Easiest thing is to turn left after departure, and take an airport taxi--to most hotels in the city the fee is usually only 150 baht--if to a home, then can negotiate that.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

Perfectly legal now. There is a covered stand just outside the domestic exit marked "Grab" that I believe is used by other companies too. btw, the official airport taxis are not bad at all, large and comfortable, always ready just outside, take you to most destinations in the city for 150B or 200 if a little more distant, they are allowed to drive through airbase which can be a big time saver depending on your direction, not all grab-like cars have that. I do use Grab/InDrive a lot for other occasions, but from the airport the taxi is my preferred choice.

Thanks, car ride services weren't available at CNX before, it's good to know they are now allowed at CNX.

YES. Have done so a few times in the past year and a half without any problem other than wait time. Past 2 times I just used the onsite taxi stands, as it's usually quicker and only B150. BOLT will be a bit cheaper, but hardly worth it...especially if your wait time is longer than 10 minutes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, SammyJ said:

yes, it is possible, of course, but most do not have the approval to pick up passengers incoming at the airport--but, it is done, of course,  other airport taxis do not like grab or bolt, etc as they must pay a fee to the "airport" in order to collect customers,

Easiest thing is to turn left after departure, and take an airport taxi--to most hotels in the city the fee is usually only 150 baht--if to a home, then can negotiate that.  

See the picture below - that's the legal pickup point for ride hailing apps launched at CNX last month - more pictures per the link. It's neither illegal nor discouraged. 

369779207_673268401575840_5350628207794828363_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lordblackader said:

See the picture below - that's the legal pickup point for ride hailing apps launched at CNX last month - more pictures per the link. It's neither illegal nor discouraged. 

369779207_673268401575840_5350628207794828363_n.jpg

It appears to be for GRAB, not Bolt--then Grab may have negotiated a fee with the Airport, as have the other blue/yellow taxis have--and, I never said it was "illegal", i said "approved" by the Airport--and, you maybe not discouraged directly by the airport, especially if they are making revenue, but you are kidding yourself if you think the other taxis who have claimed that territory (rightly or wrongly--TIT) for so many years are pleased with GRAB, or any others coming into their previously claimed areas---have you not read about the open battles in cities all over Thailand between taxis. baht busses, etc with (before Uber), Grab, etc.??

1 hour ago, SammyJ said:

It appears to be for GRAB, not Bolt--then Grab may have negotiated a fee with the Airport, as have the other blue/yellow taxis have--and, I never said it was "illegal", i said "approved" by the Airport--and, you maybe not discouraged directly by the airport, especially if they are making revenue, but you are kidding yourself if you think the other taxis who have claimed that territory (rightly or wrongly--TIT) for so many years are pleased with GRAB, or any others coming into their previously claimed areas---have you not read about the open battles in cities all over Thailand between taxis. baht busses, etc with (before Uber), Grab, etc.??

Sponsored by Grab, but it's open to other ride-hailing apps. If you read the post from CNX where the picture came from, it specifically says, in Thai, that it's for all ride-hailing apps. 

As for the rest of it, you're talking about the past. Ride-hailing apps became legal in 2021 and the battles between Grab drivers and rod daeng and taxis in Chiang Mai pre-date COVID.  

22 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Sponsored by Grab, but it's open to other ride-hailing apps. If you read the post from CNX where the picture came from, it specifically says, in Thai, that it's for all ride-hailing apps. 

As for the rest of it, you're talking about the past. Ride-hailing apps became legal in 2021 and the battles between Grab drivers and rod daeng and taxis in Chiang Mai pre-date COVID.  

Again, if you think there is no more animosity between the Grab, etc and the other long-established taxis, you are sadly misinformed.  Do you really think simply because something became "legal" in Thailand, that this stops all the previous problems??  That is laughable--it is now "legal" or "illegal" and therefore all problems cease--what a fantasy!! You must read more of local news and news around the country--battles continue!