Why Do Men From Scotland Come to Thailand to Find a Girlfriend?

GammaGlobulin

8 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I think you have just responded to a post that I have just posted so can you please either clarify your pointless post or get back on subject!

Post something with regard to the subject matter to get it back ‘on track’. Your complaining is just as ‘off topic’ as the people discussing a side branch. Your posts have nothing to do with Scottish women either. So how about you post something ‘on-topic’ instead of your repeated complaining?

Clear?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:48 PM, Lacessit said:

If I had 1000 baht for every poster here that claimed they had women paying for them, I'd be driving the latest 7-series BMW.

And if I had 100 baht for every poster that married a hiso, white skinned, Chinese Thai woman with a university degree and a family that loves them ( the average looking not rich farang ), didn't want the 1 million baht sin sod and even bought them a mansion to live in, I'd be able to afford one of those illusory women myself.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:27 PM, Lacessit said:

The point I am making is anyone occupying a Pattaya bar stool can claim anything they want, and there is no way of validating what they say from behind a keyboard.

Which is why I am taking your post with a shovelful of salt.

It's absolutely normal for women to pay for you? Mule fritters.

I love posters that claim women pay him. We all need a good laugh now and then.

OR

He has a huge **** and lives in one of those countries where western women pay men with big ****s to give them a knee trembler.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:42 PM, Walker88 said:

I'm either terribly shallow, or else driven by instinct. It's probably a little of both.

I enjoyed dating in the US. Some lovely women, and my colleagues on Wall Street (my obvious pool) were doing well enough financially that there was no push for money. They didn't need my money. Relationships went beyond financial need. Admittedly, it's a bit rough and tumble in that world, so successful women had to assume many traits that have been viewed as traditionally masculine. Maybe that is why I pulled up stakes and left.

I took residence in a host of countries where I could do the same work. Japan kept me for many years, and as the internet became more reliable, other countries beckoned. Lovely women in all of these lands, though most not as flush as the women back home. With time, my preference was for women younger than myself (this is where the shallowness comes in, though I do think it's also instinct). I understand that with the passing years, my wallet would likely become more attractive than me, so I have always tried to be discreet and not wear my good fortune on my sleeve. No doubt I'm dead wrong, but I've also always been of the view I should bring the best 'me' into any relationship, which means both emotional and physical. I dress well and hit the gym regularly, so maintain my university build to this day. I try to keep up on a host of topics, too, so that I might have something in common with any woman I meet. I also laugh a lot and love life.

Now living in Thailand, I find the women quite appealing. That 'sanuk' thing puts them over the top. Many are appealing physically, of course, but from time to time I meet one that is much more than a beauty. My shallowness continues to have me leaning toward women who are younger than me (though it might be that instinctual search for fertile women). It seems to work here, a guy a decade or more older than his date is okay. That might make me a loser and keep me out of hi-so Thai society, but that is not something I would seek even if it was wide open to me. I live according to the blueprint I have drawn for myself, and since one gets no bonus points for following societal convention, the only person or thing I will have to answer to on my last day of life is myself. I'm sure my memories will bring a smile on that day.

Serious question. When talking about "relationships" do you mean based on a few shags over a week or a month ( I'm assuming you are a normal male and enter a relationship with the intention of getting a leg over ), and then moving on to pastures new, or is a relationship measured in years?

If it's just one nighters or a bang in a work store room, I don't see any difference with monging, less the actual monetary handover. Both such would be based on nothing more than casual lust.

From your post it seems that you are a serial "dater" and not into serious relationships, but I could be wrong, of course.