Passport not stamped with 60 day visa

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yes, head to your local immigration office and they "should" correct it for free although they may suggest you return to the airport to get it fixed.

How can you correct it at the Airport as you need a boarding pass to get through security and into the immigration area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How can you correct it at the Airport as you need a boarding pass to get through security and into the immigration area.

That's a very good question to which I don't know the answer I'm afraid.

I'm merely quoting what others have said, never actually had to do it myself (our immigration is much closer than the airport).

25 minutes ago, Antony Reece said:

I received a 60 day tourist visa, but my passport was stamped only with a 30 day visa. Can I change this?

Did you have an evisa or a visa sticker?  If the former, did you show a copy to the Immigration Officer stamping you in on arrival?

Edited by treetops
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You'd ask an airport employee to get an immigration officer for you.

I wouldn't recommend heading back to the airport though. Ask your local immigration office if they can correct the stamp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Assuming you got a 30-day visa-exempt stamp rather than the 60 days your tourist visa allows then: -

Yes, head to your local immigration office and they "should" correct it for free although they may suggest you return to the airport to get it fixed.

It's always wise to check you have the correct stamp before leaving the immigration desk when you enter.

My mistake, didn't show evisa on arrival!

50 minutes ago, ba ba said:

not everyone dose that read the headlines

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Assuming you got a 30-day visa-exempt stamp rather than the 60 days your tourist visa allows then: -

It's always wise to check you have the correct stamp before leaving the immigration desk when you enter.

My mistake, didn't show evisa on arrival! Went to office today, but closed for kings birthday

..will try again tomorrow 

This is interesting as by not presenting your e-visa Immigration did not make a mistake, so what should they be correcting?

I have read here people wanting to enter Thailand for a short trip, exit and then come back for a longer stay on their e-visa. Most answers were no you can't but your experience suggests maybe you can

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Crossy said:

That's a very good question to which I don't know the answer I'm afraid.

I'm merely quoting what others have said, never actually had to do it myself (our immigration is much closer than the airport).

There is an immigration office in the airport before security

• Like 1

Surely the whole point of Evisa is that it’s paperless and should have been accepted when your passport was scanned. I guess the IO simply picked up the wrong stamp. But good advice to check stamp before leaving the booth, it hadn’t occurred to me.

10 minutes ago, retayl said:

Surely the whole point of Evisa is that it’s paperless and should have been accepted when your passport was scanned

The io checks the eVisa VERY carefully against the photo page of your passport.

I have done this twice recently.

So it must be presented with pp.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/5/2023 at 11:41 AM, Crossy said:

What happens if the OP entered via land? Immigration office may suggest the OP to go back to the same land border?

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

What happens if the OP entered via land? Immigration office may suggest the OP to go back to the same land border?

I've not heard of such a case, but knowing immigration pretty well anything is possible.

Most offices do simply fix the error and it's supposed to be free.

On 12/5/2023 at 1:13 PM, Antony Reece said:

My mistake, didn't show my evisa on arrival!

That's where you went wrong. I remember the Evisa site clearly saying you need to present the letter to them when you arrive into Thailand.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:21 PM, Pattaya57 said:

This is interesting as by not presenting your e-visa Immigration did not make a mistake, so what should they be correcting?

Yep, the OP didn't follow what the Evisa site tells everyone. Show your letter on arrival.

17 hours ago, retayl said:

Surely the whole point of Evisa is that it’s paperless and should have been accepted when your passport was scanned. I guess the IO simply picked up the wrong stamp. But good advice to check stamp before leaving the booth, it hadn’t occurred to me.

No, not true at all. Laos has an Evisa but you MUST present your printed Evisa when entering and you get a smaller visa put into your passport on arrival.

On 12/5/2023 at 1:21 PM, Antony Reece said:

My mistake, didn't show evisa on arrival! Went to office today, but closed for kings birthday

..will try again tomorrow 

So any update?

I would suggest not going to immigration.

You made the error and immigration were correct to give you 30 day stamp.

Exit prior to expiry of your permission of stay and return using your eVisa

You could consider mini holiday eg Saigon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:28 AM, retayl said:

Unfortunately, that is not the way the eVisa process has been designed. The e (electronic) part is limited to the visa application and the transmission of the visa from the Thai embassy or consulate to the applicant in the form of a PDF document. That's where it ends and the manual part takes over: print the PDF document and present it together with your passport to the immigration official at the point of entry into Thailand.