Torrential rain warning issued for 29 Thai provinces: Bangkok included

webfact

image.jpeg

The Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) issued a warning for torrential rain across 29 provinces, including Bangkok. This is due to a high-pressure system from China spreading over Thailand’s upper and northeastern regions.

The southern region will bear the brunt of the storm, with a strong monsoon predicted. The officials have further revealed that temperatures in the upper regions of the country are expected to drop.

This weather pattern is anticipated to result in thunderstorms across these provinces initially, followed by a drop in temperature and strong winds. Particularly in the northeastern region, temperatures are predicted to decrease by 1 to 2 degrees Celsius.

As a result, residents in the upper regions of Thailand are advised to take care of their health due to the changing weather conditions. Additionally, farmers are encouraged to prepare for and protect their agricultural produce from potential damage.

The substantial northeast monsoon prevailing over the Gulf of Thailand and the southern region will result in heavy downpours in some parts of the lower southern region. Residents in these areas are warned to be cautious of the heavy rain and accumulated rainfall, which could potentially lead to flash floods and runoff, especially in areas near mountain slopes and waterways.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of Raychel Sanner, Unsplash

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

We'll see. This comes after the predicted cool weekend that was hot and humid. It really still feels like the wet season (early wet season at least) to me. Hot, humid and cloudy. I posted in September that maybe this year the wet will continue into Dec. Guess I wasn't too far off the mark. 

High temperatures and high humidity over the weekend, had a slight shower Monday night which was only slight.

Today Wednesday it's stinking hot again, at 15:00 it's 34C

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

High temperatures and high humidity over the weekend, had a slight shower Monday night which was only slight.

Today Wednesday it's stinking hot again, at 15:00 it's 34C

I was outside in the afternoon and sweating as I went about my business outside...

In the evening, it rained for a brief bit... barely long enough to open up an umbrella.

Wasn't any "torrential rain" anywhere around my BKK neighborhood, not thus far.