Thai Immigration Investigates Illegal Foreigner Allegedly Working at Barber Shop in Patong

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Patong – Phuket Immigration inspected a barber shop in Patong after they were notified by a concerned citizen that there was allegedly a foreigner working there illegally.

"Patong – Phuket Immigration inspected a barber shop in Patong after they were notified by a foreigner-hating, Thai busy-body that there was allegedly a foreigner working there illegally."

:thumbsup: Much better.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

As far as I'm aware, most countries have immigration legislation that covers visas and rules for the entry and stay of aliens which addresses work rights among other matters.

Yes they do, but somewhat more relaxed as far as working goes... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, swm59nj said:

A foreigner allegedly working illegally?  If there was a foreigner working there.  Obviously the person reporting didn’t know if they were legal or not. 

Obviously, neither do you, nor did you read the full report.  If there was one working there as a barber he would have been illegal, no discussion, but there wasn't on this visit. A foreigner cannot be a barber, legally, in Thailand.

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I'm genuinely interested in what your version of "fully open up to the world" is, and what other countries fit that description.

As far as I'm aware, most countries have immigration legislation that covers visas and rules for the entry and stay of aliens which addresses work rights among other matters.

Hear, hear!

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Hair cutting is on the list of jobs strictly reserved for Thai nationals.  It makes me wonder how many Thai barbers and hairdressers are highly experienced in cutting Negro hair.

"...wonder how many Thai barbers and hairdressers are highly experienced in cutting Negro hair".

Why would that be much of an issue in Thailand?

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...wonder how many Thai barbers and hairdressers are highly experienced in cutting Negro hair".

Why would that be much of an issue in Thailand?

Because there are lots of Negros who hang around the lower sois of Sukhumwit Road and elsewhere.  They need to get their hair done, and I very much doubt that Thai hairdressers are familiar with corn rows and virgin relaxers.  There's a clear need for foreign hair stylists.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

...there are lots of Negros who hang around the lower sois of Sukhumwit Road and elsewhere.  They need to get their hair done, and I very much doubt that Thai hairdressers are familiar with corn rows and virgin relaxers.  There's a clear need for foreign hair stylists.

No, there isn't any need.   Why are you so concerned about the coiffure of <deleted> drug dealers?