Health Ministry debunks new year cancellation over XBC Covid variant scare as fake news

webfact

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

That was a hospital doctor being silly. You’ll always get them with their agenda, along with numpties spreading fake news and people in general being scared rabbits. It should be monitored, but the best way to deal with this nonsense is to simply get on with your life. 

I choose to be cautious and wear a mask in public places.

1 hour ago, Sig said:

I remember one story in here about a foreigner who was harassed for not wearing a mask outdoors to the point of having his photo in this forum (I think even his name was given, if I'm remembering right) and people calling for his deportation! It was insane!

I think you refer to this story

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Ah yes common sense and reason,  I remember those rather important qualities that most people used to posses.  But unfortunately as we both know they were the  first victims of covid.  Closely followed by free speech and the economies of most nations  It has been ,probably, one of the most bizarre things we will ever experience,

My faith / trust in the media was always fragile but it has been completely destroyed now (probably not a bad thing)  Also a little more worryingly I have a lot less respect for the medical profession,  and a total disdain for anybody described as an "expert" they should be shot on sight.

I don't know that I agree with shooting experts on sight, but I do agree with just about everything else you said. Questioning the narrative is something that I've been doing since I was a teenager, and I just don't know why so many billions of people fell into step like obedient sheep when it came to covid. There have been times I've brought up the possibility that the narrative is not correct with family members and they just started laughing at me and calling me a conspiracy theorist. It was almost as if it couldn't even be questioned, it was that sacred.

It was definitely one of the most bizarre things I've witnessed too, and I continue to question nearly every aspect of it. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Fake news. Wake up ! 

You didn't take into account that I was referring to a post, as below:

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Yesterday they urged the public to wear masks again... Now it is fake news??

No. A Thai Facebook user recently reported that the government was planning to cancel all new year holiday events

The government DID urge people to wear masks again, and ikke1959 asked if the former was now fake news. I pointed out that it was ONLY the NY celebrations being cancelled that was the fake news, not the previous day's warning that Covid cases were rising and masks should be worn. I was pointing out the difference.

I guess I shouldn't have bothered.

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

billions of people obediently fell into line without question, and aggressively berated those that didn't.  I find that more than mildly concerning

lookup  Dr. Mattias Desmet on Mass Formation Psychosis  his theory made it to limited "mainstream" media but I believe that was enough to start the tide turning against the narrative...shortly after was the Ukraine thing and then "suddenly"  Covid was almost forgotten overnight.

• Agree 1

I endured the covid era from within  in the UK. I was luckily able to work all the way through it and didn't visit this website much.  I have just scanned through the thread about the guy who wouldn't wear his mask,  AS I expected the few members on here that I respect come out of it looking just fine.  However many of the usual suspects do not.    if they were to revisit their posts they would surely suffer from buttock clenching embarrassment.

13 minutes ago, johng said:

lookup  Dr. Mattias Desmet on Mass Formation Psychosis  his theory made it to limited "mainstream" media but I believe that was enough to start the tide turning against the narrative...shortly after was the Ukraine thing and then "suddenly"  Covid was almost forgotten overnight.

Indeed it disappeared faster than I could ever have imagined.  For years and years it has been one sort of bad news after the other, when was the last time we ever had good news?    Somebody should consider looking into Mass depression psychosis as I don't think the human brain is wired up to continually receive only bad news day in day out ad infinitum 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

No plans to cancel, AND even if variants are getting milder there are still lots of deaths around the world.     Still simple:- "avoid it like the plague".

Why?  it is absolutely nothing like the plague   and it never was.     

4 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

Got covid at the present (must be the latest strain). No different than the last time, off the beer for a while & lost appetite. Just hope I can lose a few pounds this time round. 

That's the spirit,  I've had it at least twice, possibly more, I don't bother testing these days,   One just has to knuckle down and soldier on, Loss of appetite and a consequential  weight loss is a positive side effect,  even if only temporary. I  soon put the pounds back on, its pity I can't get the long covid version, if there ever was such a thing.

Strangely , well not really, but I believe "long covid" is only found in countries with a welfare benefits system in place

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

The 1st part might be the case but as for being 3 times more dangerous is rubbish. A quick google search shows it's just another mild variant.

Mild for some, severe for others. Longcovid if you are unlucky. I rather wear a mask. Easier to handle.

9 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Humans are so arrogant and must be bored with their lives today to worry about this stupid virus (flu), which will be here every year until the end of the world.

Doesn't mean I want to get a stupid virus or a clever one.