Health department halts bottled water factory production in Roi Et (video)

webfact

image.jpeg

The Department of Health has ordered an immediate halt to production at a bottled water factory in Roi Et province.

The decision was made following the release of a shocking video showing water being manually filled into bottles. The factory, which is a licensed water production facility, was inspected and found to be non-compliant with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.

The Department of Health coordinated with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and discovered that the factory is a licensed water production plant in Roi Et that operates under the Food Act and must adhere to GMP standards.

Following the release of the video, health officials from Roi Et inspected the factory according to GMP standards and found that it did not meet the assessment criteria. Therefore, production was halted and defects were to be corrected until standards were met. The licensed recipient and the production controller were notified to meet the officials immediately to proceed according to the law.

by Nattapong Westwood

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

You would think bottled water plants would be inspected on a regular basis ,

maybe the inspectors have just been collecting the envelopes ,and no inspection,

I hope the lady filling the bottles washes her hands thoroughly after been to toilet....

regards worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You would think bottled water plants would be inspected on a regular basis ,

maybe the inspectors have just been collecting the envelopes ,and no inspection,

I hope the lady filling the bottles washes her hands thoroughly after been to toilet....

regards worgeordie

Surely you are joking. have you ever seen the water machines on the streets? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have a life-long habit of only drinking water I have boiled myself, irrespective of where it comes from.

I have never had an illness related to water, so IMO on the right track.

Boiling water is fine for bacterial (maybe viral) contamination but does not remove chemical contamination

• Thanks 1

there's a health department?!

what about all those water dispensing machines you find on the street, they look massively unhygienic.

not to mention the street food vendor carts parked near my place that have cats, dogs, rats, insects crawling all over them while not in use, and i've never, ever seen an owner wash down or clean their cart before rolling it out and using it to prepare, cook and sell food. one reason i don't touch street food here.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

Boiling water is fine for bacterial (maybe viral) contamination but does not remove chemical contamination

True. You may or may not be aware it also kills oocysts such as giardia and cryptosporidia, which are unaffected by chlorination.

It will also remove chlorine and chloramines, via steam distillation.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1