Dirty looks from others

bignok

1 minute ago, Enoon said:

Possibly it is nothing to do with your GF or what you order in cafes.

Perhaps people behave towards you as they do because you present in public as you do on AN.

I don't blame any of them if that is the case.

Only happened a few times in 20 years. Doesn't happen daily like on here. The people on here act like weirdos.

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I must admit I generally pay absolutely no attention to 'other people' when I'm going about my day to day business.

If they speak to me then I am receptive but apart from that they might as well not exist, and sometimes I'm not convinced they do exist :cheesy:

I like to people watch. It is fun. Lots of characters out there.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, bignok said:

Maybe you are no aware of it. Short sighted?

No, long-sighted actually.

It could also be because, I (like others who have already commented) usually pay scant attention to what others' attitude towards me is, when going about my daily routine.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

I am happy and content being single and I don't want to have a girlfriend .

So, what job does your GF do ?

He's avoiding the question - so she hasn't got a job. 

BUT.. not that it means a whole lot... My Wife doesn't have a job because she left it when our son was born, lots of people in that boat.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bignok said:

Try one time discussing the topic. Come on just once. 

I get quite the opposite.....only recently have I started wondering why complete strangers, wherever I am in the world, look at me and smile.

I have been asked by friends many times, while out strolling with them, after they have witnessed one such encounter, "Did you know them?" or "Why were they smiling at you"?

I also seem to exert a magnetic attraction upon anyone who is lost and needs directions.

That's enough of the "topic" for now.......it's still light, still time for you to go out and cast your magic spell upon those unfortunate enough to encounter you.

Edited by Enoon

1 minute ago, Enoon said:

I get quite the opposite.....only recently have I started wondering why complete strangers, wherever I am in the world, look at me and smile.

I have been asked by friends many times, while out strolling with them, after they have witnessed one such encounter, "Did you know them?" or "Why were they smiling at you"?

I also seem to exert a magnetic attraction upon anyone who is lost and needs directions.

That's enough of the "topic" for now.......it's still light, still time for you to go out and offend a few more people merely by existing.

I get women perving on me all the time.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Farang woman in lift - dirty look cause you have a younger gf

Farang guy in cafe - dirty look cause you ordered large coffee and pancakes

Do you get dirty look from people?

Do wink at them? Tell them to go jump? Ignore them

I may get them but I tend to ignore them as I consider them to be idiots and I dont bother what idiots think.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Don't they give you dirty looks in those gay bars?

Maybe they’re not giving you dirty looks. It’s more likely that they’re trying to get a better look at you and just want to hookup with you. How many have asked you out for a date? I’m not expecting an honest answer…

56 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I don't think it's really "dirty" looks, but I have noticed a problem with staring and a tension when you pass another expat.

There's something about Asia where I think you're expected to greet other expats, as opposed to just ignoring people like happens in the Usa. Maybe something brotherly about being in a foreign land, and what have you...

I haven't noticed a staring and tension, it's either you or in your mind 

Just now, novacova said:

Maybe they’re not giving you dirty looks. It’s more likely that they’re trying to get a better look at you and just want to hookup with you. How many have asked you out for a date? I’m not expecting an honest answer…

How many people? I've got a gf. Don't need to ask strangers out on dates.