Blow to Biden as poll shows Trump in lead for 2024 presidential election

CharlieH

On 4/1/2024 at 12:10 AM, Danderman123 said:

The latter part of this election campaign is going to see some fairly unprecedented events:

Trump's cabinet is going to endorse Biden.

Biden will be all over the country, while Trump will be sitting in courtrooms.

Biden will be blanketing the airways with ads, while Trump will spend his money on lawyers.

Not only is Biden going to win, but the pundits will say, after the election "Trump never had a chance".

You should start a career as a comedian. You are soooooooo funny.

On 4/1/2024 at 2:43 PM, Danderman123 said:

Anyone notice that Trump has mostly stopped campaigning? Maybe one rally every week or two.

It's like he has retired already.

Maybe the Alzheimers is taking its effect.

How many rallies does Joe have?

I'm younger than Trump and I envy the energy he has. I could never be as energetic as he. ( I used to have as much energy as he does, but that was years ago ).

On 4/1/2024 at 4:32 PM, Danderman123 said:

It's hard to imagine what the Trump fans are thinking. They don't seem to understand the derangement of Trump. How is that possible?

We don't care, just as long as he beats Biden/ Harris.

On 4/1/2024 at 6:44 PM, Danderman123 said:

The majority will, but there will be many who don't vote, and a larger than normal number will vote for Biden.

Everyone ignores the other issues on the table:

abortion initiatives on the ballot in some states; and

some crazy MAGA types running for higher office. There is a historical record of crazy MAGA candidates losing in general elections, the crazier, the bigger the loss, in all but the reddest areas.

For example, the GOP candidate in NC is a full blown MAGA nut, and by himself may lose the state for Trump. The only way he wins is if there is a black swan event that upsets everything.

Abortion isn't the prerogative of the president since the SCOTUS sent it back to the states to decide. Trying to link Trump and abortion is a nonsense, IMO.

On 4/1/2024 at 8:49 PM, Danderman123 said:

because you want it to fail?

It's already failed, as it will take so long to make that if they depend on it in Gaza they likely starved to death before the first ship uses it. Biden could use a landing ship that doesn't need a pier if he was serious.

13 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

I'm preparing to be called a 'hater' but this is really not so. It's just that I do find it amazing that a fantastic Nation like the USA, could have chosen this Guy as a President and now as a Candidate for re-election. All those amazing Folks in the USA but Trump for President ????

I've had a look around and this seems to be the list of his current woes . . .

1. Recently found guilty of defaming E Jean Carroll a second time and being ordered to pay $83.3 million following an earlier payment of $5 million for defamation and sexual abuse. Trial completed.

2. Hush money trial in NY re. $130,000 paid to Stormy Daniels. 34 felonies for falsifying business records. Trial scheduled for April 15th. Judge Merchan

3. Under appeal atm - Trump organisation found guilty of repeated lies exaggerating property and asset values to obtain favourable loans and also underdeclaring property values for tax purposes. Penalties of $464 million including interest awarded but deferred on appeal with a bond being lodged for $175 million. If the appeal fails, $464 million will be liable plus more interest. Judge AG Letitia James.

4. Scheduled for May atm Classified documents case in Florida. 40 counts of wilful retention of documents under the Espionage Act and conspiracy to obstruct justice. Judge Aileen Cannon, who was appointed by Trump, is being very cooperative in fielding delays and for me, it's a very much, 'watch this space'.

5. Tentative date for trial August 5th - the Georgia votes conspiracy. Under the 'Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act' - 13 counts including racketeering, forgery, perjury, filing false documents, false statements and others. Judge Fani Willis, Fulton County DA.

6. Awaiting a decision from the Supreme Court on the question of possible immunity. On 6th January 2021, Trump’s supporters "staged a violent attack on the US Capitol in an effort to disrupt the congressional certification of Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 election. A bipartisan Senate report later concluded that seven people died in connection to the insurrection". Four counts of conspiracy.

7. Legal costs. Reputedly, donations from Trump supporters are directed to paying his enormous and increasing legal fees.

8. Truth Social - there is widespread incredulity at the Stock Market valuation of Truth Social. Trump has not tried to realise any value by divesting as it would be likely to collapse the share price.

Worth noting for Trump supporters, that he has vowed as his first action if he regains the Presidency, to pardon all the convicted rioters on that murderous January 6th.

Just for the record, I was getting confused by all these different cases - this is my effort to get it clear for myself.

Good Luck to the USA. E. & O. E.

but you apparently think Biden is better.

:w00t:

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The only question is how long after Biden passes Trump will the Trump fans complain that the polls are fake?

Honestly, April polls are not that significant. It doesn't get real until after the political conventions.

You seem to change your mind about polls depending on which is doing better in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but you apparently think Biden is better.

:w00t:

I don't think Biden should be standing either, he is too old. But he is clearly the more suitable personality to be President of the USA.

Biden also has the advantage of NOT facing 91 criminal charges in 4 indictments.

Danderman - I agree with you. Polls at this stage are interesting of course, but not really indicative of where things will be come November.

It's too early by far.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You seem to change your mind about polls depending on which is doing better in them.

Nope.

Early polls aren't predictive, the exception being if the polling aggregate shows a trend, and even then, the numbers themselves aren't accurate.

Edited by Danderman123

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How many rallies does Joe have?

I'm younger than Trump and I envy the energy he has. I could never be as energetic as he. ( I used to have as much energy as he does, but that was years ago ).

I believe that Trump has held 2 rallies in the last few weeks.

Biden has held 8+.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope.

Early polls aren't predictive, the exception being if the polling aggregate shows a trend, and even then, the numbers themselves aren't accurate.

LOL. I seem to remember you referencing polls when they support your case. Of course when they don't you make comments like I quoted.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

I believe that Trump has held 2 rallies in the last few weeks.

Biden has held 8+.

Thank you. How many people were at Biden's rallies, and how many at Trump's?

As I recall Biden's "rallies" they were a bit of a chat to a few friends, while Trump's were massive affairs with thousands in the audience, and more outside.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I seem to remember you referencing polls when they support your case. Of course when they don't you make comments like I quoted.

Nope.

I consistently say that early polls aren't predictive, except for demonstrating trends.

When @illisdean breathlessly posts some random poll showing Trump in the lead, perhaps you could remind him of the pointlessness of early polls.

2 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

I don't think Biden should be standing either, he is too old. But he is clearly the more suitable personality to be President of the USA.

Biden also has the advantage of NOT facing 91 criminal charges in 4 indictments.

Millions disagree about which is more suitable.

It's going to be interesting when they try to get president Trump to turn up in court for another of their nothingburger cases. He might be a bit busy being POTUS.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thank you. How many people were at Biden's rallies, and how many at Trump's?

As I recall Biden's "rallies" they were a bit of a chat to a few friends, while Trump's were massive affairs with thousands in the audience, and more outside.

Trump has a core group of fans who follow him around the country at his rallies.

We went through this before, during the earlier campaigns. Despite the rallies, Trump can't get to 50% of the vote.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope.

I consistently say that early polls aren't predictive, except for demonstrating trends.

When @illisdean breathlessly posts some random poll showing Trump in the lead, perhaps you could remind him of the pointlessness of early polls.

I'd say that my view that polls are useless are pretty well known by anyone that has read my posts.

I've better things to do than be your messenger, like having a look through your past posts to see if you did ever reference a poll as being supportive of your case.

Have a nice day.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump has a core group of fans who follow him around the country at his rallies.

We went through this before, during the earlier campaigns. Despite the rallies, Trump can't get to 50% of the vote.

You keep going on about a popular vote being significant which is irrelevant and the vote is only of those that bother to vote. So it's a majority of the less that 100% of the voters. Majority vote for POTUS is of less significance than early polls, and essentially meaningless.

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's going to be interesting when they try to get president Trump to turn up in court for another of their nothingburger cases. He might be a bit busy being POTUS.

Sorry TBL. That's an empty statement.

Watching Trump this year, it's evident that he lives in a world of his own. Trump is under the same illusions that you are.

Trump is subject to the Law and the Law Establishment, (of whichever hue), will make sure that Trump learns that in these 4 indictments. They WILL lock him up if he doesn't grow up fast but they will do so slowly, carefully and with unquestionable integrity.

In the Florida case, Trump appointee Judge Cannon is quite possibly going to be replaced as her rulings are clearly biased. And In the 'Hush Money' case proceeding in just over 1 week, Judge Merchan will be quite willing to confine Trump if he continues to defy.

Trump is childlike in his self-obsession and believes he is above all else. I actually feel sorry for him but he IS going to find out that other Authorities exist.

Have a good day.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, TorquayFan said:

Sorry TBL. That's an empty statement.

Watching Trump this year, it's evident that he lives in a world of his own. Trump is under the same illusions that you are.

Trump is subject to the Law and the Law Establishment, (of whichever hue), will make sure that Trump learns that in these 4 indictments. They WILL lock him up if he doesn't grow up fast but they will do so slowly, carefully and with unquestionable integrity.

In the Florida case, Trump appointee Judge Cannon is quite possibly going to be replaced as her rulings are clearly biased. And In the 'Hush Money' case proceeding in just over 1 week, Judge Merchan will be quite willing to confine Trump if he continues to defy.

Trump is childlike in his self-obsession and believes he is above all else. I actually feel sorry for him but he IS going to find out that other Authorities exist.

Have a good day.

As there is apparently nothing in the constitution preventing a convicted criminal becoming POTUS ( one suspects the writers never envisaged a situation where two obviously unsuitable candidates were the only viable choices, or that the justice system would be used against one of them ), so when Trump becomes POTUS it'll be very interesting if he is in jail ( more likely house arrest in his resort ) to see how that is handled.

IMO Trump doesn't need to campaign in person, so being in jail will not rule him out of contention.

The elephant in the room if he is locked up is the reaction of his base. IMO it'd be a brave judge that locks him up, unless they want to spend the rest of their lives in protective custody, or go into witness protection.

If anyone thinks the Capitol invasion was bad, they ain't seen anything yet, if Trump is actually incarcerated, and they must know that.

On 4/2/2024 at 8:08 PM, Danderman123 said:

What superior intellect? Trump is so far gone he can't remember his wife's name.

and you seem to have totally ignored the video...... did you watch it? please do, like to hear your excuses for him

18 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

I'm preparing to be called a 'hater' but this is really not so. It's just that I do find it amazing that a fantastic Nation like the USA, could have chosen this Guy as a President and now as a Candidate for re-election. All those amazing Folks in the USA but Trump for President ????

I've had a look around and this seems to be the list of his current woes . . .

1. Recently found guilty of defaming E Jean Carroll a second time and being ordered to pay $83.3 million following an earlier payment of $5 million for defamation and sexual abuse. Trial completed.

2. Hush money trial in NY re. $130,000 paid to Stormy Daniels. 34 felonies for falsifying business records. Trial scheduled for April 15th. Judge Merchan

3. Under appeal atm - Trump organisation found guilty of repeated lies exaggerating property and asset values to obtain favourable loans and also underdeclaring property values for tax purposes. Penalties of $464 million including interest awarded but deferred on appeal with a bond being lodged for $175 million. If the appeal fails, $464 million will be liable plus more interest. Judge AG Letitia James.

4. Scheduled for May atm Classified documents case in Florida. 40 counts of wilful retention of documents under the Espionage Act and conspiracy to obstruct justice. Judge Aileen Cannon, who was appointed by Trump, is being very cooperative in fielding delays and for me, it's a very much, 'watch this space'.

5. Tentative date for trial August 5th - the Georgia votes conspiracy. Under the 'Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act' - 13 counts including racketeering, forgery, perjury, filing false documents, false statements and others. Judge Fani Willis, Fulton County DA.

6. Awaiting a decision from the Supreme Court on the question of possible immunity. On 6th January 2021, Trump’s supporters "staged a violent attack on the US Capitol in an effort to disrupt the congressional certification of Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 election. A bipartisan Senate report later concluded that seven people died in connection to the insurrection". Four counts of conspiracy.

7. Legal costs. Reputedly, donations from Trump supporters are directed to paying his enormous and increasing legal fees.

8. Truth Social - there is widespread incredulity at the Stock Market valuation of Truth Social. Trump has not tried to realise any value by divesting as it would be likely to collapse the share price.

Worth noting for Trump supporters, that he has vowed as his first action if he regains the Presidency, to pardon all the convicted rioters on that murderous January 6th.

Just for the record, I was getting confused by all these different cases - this is my effort to get it clear for myself.

Good Luck to the USA. E. & O. E.

Murderous?  the only death was of a Trump supporter, shot by police

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Have a good day.

so, she a biased judge, yet the ruling by Dem judges are not?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You keep going on about a popular vote being significant which is irrelevant and the vote is only of those that bother to vote. So it's a majority of the less that 100% of the voters. Majority vote for POTUS is of less significance than early polls, and essentially meaningless.

If the popular vote is meaningless, why are you talking about attendance at Trump rallies?

38 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so, she a biased judge, yet the ruling by Dem judges are not?

You are going to have to provide evidence of a judge misinterpreting the law against Trump's interest, or else your post is just drivel.

Judge Cannon clearly is misinterpreting the law, and will be corrected upon appeal. All to help Trump.