Blow to Biden as poll shows Trump in lead for 2024 presidential election

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Prove that Biden got to 50%+ by cheating.

Spoiler alert: you can't.

no, i was being facetious, but half the US population and many world wide think the Dems did

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You keep going on about a popular vote being significant which is irrelevant and the vote is only of those that bother to vote. So it's a majority of the less that 100% of the voters. Majority vote for POTUS is of less significance than early polls, and essentially meaningless.

Trump doesn't agree with you.

• Agree 1

Sorry TBL. That's an empty statement.

Watching Trump this year, it's evident that he lives in a world of his own. Trump is under the same illusions that you are.

Trump is subject to the Law and the Law Establishment, (of whichever hue), will make sure that Trump learns that in these 4 indictments. They WILL lock him up if he doesn't grow up fast but they will do so slowly, carefully and with unquestionable integrity.

In the Florida case, Trump appointee Judge Cannon is quite possibly going to be replaced as her rulings are clearly bizarre. And Judge

• Agree 1

(Technical hitch there ! Post just repeated ?)

Thaibeachlovers - if Trump is seen to be heading for jail by November he won't win the election. There may yet be new twists to come in this tale.

Quoting from your reply to mine earlier . . .

"The elephant in the room if he is locked up is the reaction of his base. IMO it'd be a brave judge that locks him up, unless they want to spend the rest of their lives in protective custody, or go into witness protection. If anyone thinks the Capitol invasion was bad, they ain't seen anything yet, if Trump is actually incarcerated, and they must know that."

Tbl, for you to be exhalting these fears is IMO, inappropriate in any discussions of these Elections. You should be hoping that NOTHING like this occurs again. As the year progresses, and 'supporters' see their contributions to Trump's cause swallowed up by legal fees incurred recklessly and their investments in Truth Social plummet, Old Don may lose some of his gloss.

Re. Frank's earlier comment, the Jan 6th insurrection was murderous - a fair adjective IMO. Absolutely shameful behaviour - that's why many have been jailed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Many worldwide? 😀

yes, because unfortunately US politics spreads worldwide thanks to social media etc... and yes, people outside the US have opinions,. you'd be surprised how much the  US is despised by so many, if you looked out side your bubble.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

yes, because unfortunately US politics spreads worldwide thanks to social media etc... and yes, people outside the US have opinions,. you'd be surprised how much the  US is despised by so many, if you looked out side your bubble.

I have no doubt that many people are despising the U.S. WW, and it's not a new phenomena.

However, it's not what you claimed in your post. You claimed that many people WW believe the election was rigged. I call it B.S.

(Of course, excluding Russia and China.)

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, candide said:

I have no doubt that many people are despising the U.S. WW, and it's not a new phenomena.

However, it's not what you claimed in your post. You claimed that many people WW believe the election was rigged. I call it B.S.

(Of course, excluding Russia and China.)

i would argue that to a degree, based on people i have spoken to over the years, many were happy Trump won, if nothing but to give the middle finger to the globalist, obama, clinton war mongering elite, they were tired of the same old BS. however there are always the percentage of the brainwashed headline readers out there too,  this site is proof of that. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

i would argue that to a degree, based on people i have spoken to over the years, many were happy Trump won, if nothing but to give the middle finger to the globalist, obama, clinton war mongering elite, they were tired of the same old BS. however there are always the percentage of the brainwashed headline readers out there too,  this site is proof of that. 

Again it's not what you claimed in your post. Few people believe Trump's claim that the 2020 election has been rigged. Most people have been laughing about it.

About your new claim in this post, if you consider "many" as equivalent to "a majority", this is certainly not the case. A minority of far right people, plus some Brexiters in U.K. ( at least initially) liked Trump.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, candide said:

Again it's not what you claimed in your post. Few people believe Trump's claim that the 2020 election has been rigged. Most people have been laughing about it.

About your new claim in this post, if you consider "many" as equivalent to "a majority", this is certainly not the case. A minority of far right people, plus some Brexiters in U.K. ( at least initially) liked Trump.

Trump is a lot more popular than you think, or perhaps than you like to admit

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/5/2024 at 4:45 PM, Danderman123 said:

If the popular vote is meaningless, why are you talking about attendance at Trump rallies?

Are you so desperate score a "win" that you imagine that popularity at rallies translates into electoral college votes? He probably has rallies because his base wants to see him on stage, and not just reading a teleprompter on television like his opponent.

Perhaps you just want to get your post count up.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Tbl, for you to be exhalting these fears is IMO, inappropriate in any discussions of these Elections.

I'm just pointing out what the reactions of his base may be to any attempt to incarcerate him, given they think, as I do, that it's entirely politically motivated.

You can ignore reality if you wish.

What should happen is not necessarily what might happen.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

Trump is a lot more popular than you think, or perhaps than you like to admit

You must be very selective as to the foreigners you get in contact with.....

Edited by candide
  • Agree 1

if Trump is seen to be heading for jail by November he won't win the election. There may yet be new twists to come in this tale.

I have no doubt that there may be new twists, as in the truth about "the big guy" may come out.

Every new indictment has apparently seen Trump's popularity grow, and IMO a real attempt to jail him may ensure that he wins in November. I have no doubt that many in the US desire greatly to give a finger salute to Washington in general and the Dems in particular.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have no doubt that there may be new twists, as in the truth about "the big guy" may come out.

Every new indictment has apparently seen Trump's popularity grow, and IMO a real attempt to jail him may ensure that he wins in November. I have no doubt that many in the US desire greatly to give a finger salute to Washington in general and the Dems in particular.

Only from the yob, crook element..............:coffee1:

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm just pointing out what the reactions of his base may be to any attempt to incarcerate him, given they think, as I do, that it's entirely politically motivated.

You can ignore reality if you wish.

What should happen is not necessarily what might happen.

Right! That was politically motivated. "find me 11,800 votes", the fake electors plot, fight like hell, etc... what motivated Trump was politics! 😅

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

Trump is subject to the Law and the Law Establishment, (of whichever hue), will make sure that Trump learns that in these 4 indictments. They WILL lock him up if he doesn't grow up fast but they will do so slowly, carefully and with unquestionable integrity.

I'll certainly be agog to see how they lock him up slowly, carefully and with unquestionable integrity.

Is that when they go slowly and give him a burger for elevenses?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you so desperate score a "win" that you imagine that popularity at rallies translates into electoral college votes? He probably has rallies because his base wants to see him on stage, and not just reading a teleprompter on television like his opponent.

Perhaps you just want to get your post count up.

I responding to a Trump fan who claimed that attendance at Trump rallies proved that Trump was going to win.

However, Trump can't stage many rallies now because of funding issues, and the Alzheimers thing.

Edited by Danderman123

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Let's hope more indictments are coming.

More proof of Biden's economic failure! 😆

Job growth zoomed in March as payrolls jumped by 303,000 and unemployment dropped to 3.8%.

The unemployment rate edged lower to 3.8%, as expected, even though the labor force participation rate moved higher to 62.7%, a gain of 0.2 

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/05/job-growth-totaled-303000-in-march-better-than-expected-and-unemployment-was-3point8percent.html

The unemployment rate has remained below 4% for 26 straight months, the longest such stretch since the late 1960s. The U.S. economy is outshining its global peers even though the Fed has raised rates by 525 basis points since March 2022 to dampen inflation. The labor market is benefiting from a rise in immigration over the past year.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/us-job-growth-beats-expectations-march-wages-increase-steadily-2024-04-05/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I responding to a Trump fan who claimed that attendance at Trump rallies proved that Trump was going to win.

However, Trump can't stage many rallies now because of funding issues, and the Alzheimers thing.

If you are correct about the Alzheimers thing perhaps he and Joe can be room mates in the mental ward.

Let's hope more indictments are coming.

I agree, as indictments make him more popular. As he has so many now a few more will make no difference.

Sometimes less is more; something the Dems apparently don't understand.

Ten or so that were actually serious and had a chance of conviction would have had more effect on his chances than 91+ that IMO are often just malicious nothing burgers.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

and yet you quoted me and not that Trump fan. To my knowledge I haven't claimed that big crowds at his rallies translate to a POTUS win.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and yet you quoted me and not that Trump fan. To my knowledge I haven't claimed that big crowds at his rallies translate to a POTUS win.

My mistake, sorry. I get the Trump fans mixed up.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, as indictments make him more popular. As he has so many now a few more will make no difference.

Ten or so that were actually serious and had a chance of conviction would have had more effect on his chances than 91+ that IMO are often just malicious nothing burgers.

That's called "whistling in the dark".

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You don't seem to understand that the indictments are for crimes committed, not for politics.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You don't seem to understand that the indictments are for crimes committed, not for politics.

In your opinion.

Ten cases could be believable as genuine but 91 is blatantly political in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1