Srettha Pledges Education System Overhaul

webfact

4 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

as long as their is a no fail policy in place the thai education system is sure to reep what it sows. back home, if i failed, i would have to take the year over again. here, the teachers give the missing points to ensure the kids get at least 50%.

by now, the parents of the kids in the system today know that the kids cannot be failed because the very system that passed them is passing their kids.

moreover, seeing how schools here are run like a business, the "i want my child to be happy" is what rules the roost. somchai's feelings cannot be hurt by him failing. 

the kids dont want to earn their grades, for the most part, and the teachers are underpaid and have no other choice than pass the kids on to the next year

Face both ways, the boon of Thai society! :jap:

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no limit to the insincerity that this man possesses. He comes from one of the most powerful families in Thailand, who have spent decades keeping the educational system poor, so that they can continue can continue to pay low wages, and now he wants to reform the system?

This is one of those "PR only proclamations", that will be forgotten in two weeks. 

Two weeks?? Optimistic!

13 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Not at all.

How could they possibly study more in a day?

Well they could start by cutting out the marching up and down, the practicing for sports day and the endless speeches the teachers love so much.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Siripong Angkasakulkiat, vice minister of education, pointed out the pandemic’s influence on student learning, mainly due to the constraints of online education.

Surely all they had to do was provide lessons via the tablets that Yingluck provided for every student?

On 12/11/2023 at 7:00 AM, spidermike007 said:

There is no limit to the insincerity that this man possesses. He comes from one of the most powerful families in Thailand, who have spent decades keeping the educational system poor, so that they can continue can continue to pay low wages, and now he wants to reform the system?

This is one of those "PR only proclamations", that will be forgotten in two weeks. 

I agree with this analysis. However, it may also be that his generation is aware that they could get richer with more educated and skilled workers, and from customers with a higher purchasing power. That's what they have been taught in the expensive universities and business-schools where they studied

On 12/11/2023 at 7:37 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And don't let anybody pass who fails the tests.

Edit: And make sure people officially fail the test if they fail the test.

That is what I meant about tests that matter right now they don't.

showed a couple of sutdents the OSSLT test they have in ONtario that students have to pass to go to university.  They both almost had heart attacks lol 

• Like 1