huawei sun 2000 vs deye inverter

i am thinking of having a solar system installed at first without batteries, but with the intension of adding later, the inverters that the chap uses are either a Huawei sun 2000 3KTL L1 or a Deye Lvtosun 5kw, i seem to recall reading somewhere that Huawei inverters only allow expensive Huawei batteries to be used, if so if i chose the Deye inverter instead could cheaper battery solutions be used. 

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

Check the actual specs.

But yes, the Huawei units use high-voltage packs that are specific to Huawei, no second source. So, they can charge what they like :sad:

Deye use more common 48V packs with many sources.

the fitter called round today to drop off the panels, now going for Deye inverter with a 48v 240ah battery set up.

• 3 weeks later...

PV system fitted yesterday 9 x 570w longi panels. 5kw maxsky hybrid inverter 49v 245ah nmc battery, 6 of the panels had been fitted on a previous visit, nice tidy job, system working well today ( thursday) 13.10kwh production, started producing at 7.40am stopped at 5.40pm, battery full by midday, production peaked at 4.13kwh at 10.30am, we had used the battery the previous evening and all night. so 0 units on the meter since install completed at 7pm on wednesday

the installer from Bangkok, system fitted close to Ban chang rayong, would recommend the fitter, he spoke ok English well enough to explain system to me, will add some photo's later

Edited by steve187
correction
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds good, how about some photos? :smile:

One note, NMC batteries are in the same family as the Li-ion packs used in many scooters / hoverboards and the like. These can suffer from thermal-runaway unlike the more expensive LiFePO4 packs.

Properly installed with a decent BMS and not over-stressing the pack they are safe, but smoke detectors would be wise (to be honest, they are wise anyway).

I don't know where yours are installed but I wouldn't put any battery pack in a living area not even LiFePO4 or lead-acid, there's a lot of energy in there just aching to escape.

• Thanks 2