German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

13 minutes ago, Enoon said:

"......appears to not care what laws a German breaks as long as it isn't in Germany"

Putting aside the subject of this thread subject for a moment, the same is certainly true of Thailand in the case of Mr Thamannat........4 years time in Australia for drugs but allowed to be a government minister:

"The court said it did not recognise Mr Thammanat's conviction because the verdict was delivered in Australia, a foreign country."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57001674

Thailand is a country mired in distortion, corruption and "immorality".........which is what gives an air of absurdity, as always, to the "outrage" surrounding the incident under discussion on this thread.

The German guy blabbed in a documentary and Thailand "loses face".......again.

That's why the fuss.

Meanwhile the roaring trade in teenage prostitution and the bribing of officials/collusion of them in the trade continues, and will continue, unabated and approved....."that's what they're like".

Agreed. But I didn't suggest that only Germany might be at fault in such cases.

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Foreign men will soon need to have proof of age before taking a hooker.....Pattaya has something like 25000 hookers, in a place where prostitution doesn't exist....unless of course the cops can make money!

If you ask if it is a ladyboy or lady you can ask how old she is. Unless you don't care about either

• Confused 2

Foreign men will soon need to have proof of age before taking a hooker.....Pattaya has something like 25000 hookers, in a place where prostitution doesn't exist....unless of course the cops can make money!

Fake Thai ID cards are readily available........seeing her ID will not stop it from happening unless you know how to spot a fake one? It's sometimes very difficult to guess with any accuracy a Thai persons age.....even someone who looks "young" can be late 20's. 

Where did you get that figure from...

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Is sex with a 17yo illegal in Germany?

I think not!

Can you even extradite someone for this?

So you'd be willing to offer up your 17 year old daughter or granddaughter for the enjoyment of tourists? Or are you also a sex tourist/pedophiIe? Perhaps you married a 17 year old. OK, LEGAL age of consent is a grey area between cultures, but there is a higher moral perspective as to what defines a child vs an adult. I don't think most decent rational people consider 17, or even 18, to be a fully mature adult capable of making adult decisions at the level of a 25 - 45 year old. Then one has to ask, why would anyone lust after a young teenager when there are plenty of 21+ year old perfectly legal and equally beautiful available women? Something wrong with that picture. And yes, though there isn't a treaty with Germany, extradition is possible under a certain process between the two countries. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, peter zwart said:

legal or not. Any older person that wants to stick his w!llie in a minor should be locked up. Also men here that think they can have a normal relation with a girl thats 35 years younger..........what a joke. Get youself examined.

I think if it's legal then it's a matter of personal preference and good luck Not any of your business anyway. Why should you judge him?  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody ever listens to me, what my daughter's do and with whom is entirely their own choice.

I totally agree. My daughter is 36 and divorced already. Bummer too. I really like her former husband. We were all young once. Let them have the freedom to do what they want. If you raise your kids right, you know they will use birth control! 

• Thumbs Up 1