German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

43 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Most lasses here have a couple of kids by the time they are 17.

correct, there's a family that lives not far from me and they've a grandaughter ( kids dumped with them as normal ) who'd had 2 kids and still wearing a school uniform.

it'll soon be her turn to dump kids with granny and go to the bright lights on BKK / Pattaya to rent out her clunge.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Caldera said:

While he can be prosecuted in Germany, the evidence provided by the Thai police will need to meet the procedural standards and burden of proof in a German criminal court.

That's a tall order for them, and might be one of the reasons why Big Joke wants to fly to Germany himself too see what can be done.

If the victim is really 17 years old as reported, an additional problem is the age of consent, so unless he can be slapped with an assault, trafficking or coercion charge. The German court will apply German law, and having sex with a 17 year old person who consents isn't a crime.

What is the age in Germany for legal prostitution? Age of consent for non prostitutes doesn't apply in this case.

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

For me, it’s just shocking how many here just believe anything that they read. Especially the one who have read about this story beforehand. 
She’s probably not yet 17 even now..

It's odd there's all this hate towards the German, but nothing on the news item about the Thai boxer committing the same offence.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's odd there's all this hate towards the German, but nothing on the news item about the Thai boxer committing the same offence.

What hatred? 
Girl with the Thai boxer is suggested to be 17. 
Girl with German was, at best; 15. This is all just obviously spin to make it all go away. 

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

You KNOW it’s not true because you recently commented on the other thread that shows that she was 15 at best. Why are people so dishonest on this board?

If you have a problem with the thread title you should contact a moderator and report the misinformation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you have a problem with the thread title you should contact a moderator and report the misinformation.

I believe that AN is not permitted to alter headlines from external news sources. it's part of the syndication agreement to leave them "as is".

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is nothing here. I do not advocate having sex with minors. Plenty of gorgeous women over 20 out there. But, the law of consent in Germany is 14, and there is no extradition treaty with Germany, so this is just another in the hundreds of previous examples of the biggest joke stealing a headline, in his desperate need for publicity. He simply loves seeing his photo and name in the news. Rarely is anyone ever convicted, that he goes after. He is a showboat, and is very insincere about what he does. 

If this were an American citizen, it would be a different story. I am not sure about deliberate setups, but I have heard of guys getting into major trouble here, for being found with underage gals. As an American, the laws in the US apply to all US passport holders, worldwide. Often the Thai cop will demand 100,000 baht, if she is 17, or one million baht, if 16 or under. You do not have it? You are turned over. Many guys end up on planes with an assistant DA dispatched from DC, in handcuffs, facing federal statutory rape charges. Unless you have millions to throw at a lawyer, you are looking at 10 years in a federal pen. And you will be on the sex offender list the rest of your life.

Many will dispute this. I have spoken to lawyers about it, and it is correct info. And the US government is over zealous about the underage thing. Not worth it. Always best to check if she looks really young. If she does not have ID, that is real trouble. Do not proceed.

The law changed in 2003, when the PROTECT Act was enacted. Prior to that, sex with minors abroad was covered by Customs statutes, which required proof that the US citizen left the US with the intent of having sex with persons under the age of 18 - something that was very difficult to prove. (It's also worth noting that both Jerry Lee and Elvis married teenagers. (Laws in the US are peculiar in that many states allow marriage to someone below the age of consent, as long as their parents agree.) Under the PROTECT Act, there is no need for the government to prove intent. If an American has sex with someone under age 18 while in a foreign country, that's a crime, period, even if that sex isn't against the law in the country where it took place.

You’ve got it all wrong…. in your first paragraph 😊

Edited by NextG

51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Germany won't extradite to UK, either, nor the US, due to "how filthy" those police forces are also, yes?

I would trust the UK police any day over the Thai police or the US police.

Simple as that.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:35 AM, peter zwart said:

legal or not. Any older person that wants to stick his w!llie in a minor should be locked up. Also men here that think they can have a normal relation with a girl thats 35 years younger..........what a joke. Get youself examined.

Age of consent in Thailand is 15 for both boys and girls. Not say it is RIGHT. But that's the law. Remember the RTP turn a blind eye to lots and lots of ILLEGAL activity for a price, including underage sex with children as young as 8. Plus I do believe joke was removed to an inactive post for doing similar things. Some years ago a 9 year old girl was found to be pregnant, the father of the child was 35 years old. The family informed the police that the couple were married. NO ACTION TAKEN. again, not saying it's right. But TIT.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even though he specifically covered the fact that those officers are being investigated in the same article?

And you actually believe that there will be a full investigation into this?

Yeah, and the moon is made of Swiss cheese.

I believe nothing out of the mouth of any Thai policeman.

They are just gangsters and thugs in uniform, they buy their positions and few know the law.

That's why they always push people to accept charges.. that's if they havent the money to pay. 

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even though he specifically covered the fact that those officers are being investigated in the same article?

And you actually believe that there will be a full investigation into this?

Yes.  Do you actually believe that there will be no investigation?

7 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:
59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Germany won't extradite to UK, either, nor the US, due to "how filthy" those police forces are also, yes?

I would trust the UK police any day over the Thai police or the US police.

Simple as that.

Your "trust" wasn't my point.  Germany's attitude to extradition to the UK, etc. is exactly the same as to Thailand.  Simple as that.

Just now, spidermike007 said:

You are wrong, and in your naivety, you give the guy far too much credit. Name a few instances of convictions of those he so boldly pursued. Bet you cannot.

No, it’s you who is wrong. Better you ask questions instead of jumping to conclusions. Which is exactly what you are doing… jumping to conclusions. It’s not intelligent. 
May I remind you that BJ ‘wrapped up’ this investigation a year ago. 
The rest can be left for you to put together yourself. 
This is more to do with ‘inconvenient truths’ and ‘damage limitation’. 
You think it’s an accident that English language media is suggesting that the girl is 17?