German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

1 minute ago, prakhonchai nick said:

With the support of the bar management who knowingly hired her when she was underage, so they could profit from selling her for sex

Then the Police should prosecute, but they won't.

Too much of an income stream.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks for the joke post. It would be legal in NZ as age of consent is 16.

Doubtful it would happen, but not because it's illegal.

Perhaps it is yourself that needs to be examined.

You don't think 16 year olds get pumped in NZ, really?

• Haha 1

While he can be prosecuted in Germany, the evidence provided by the Thai police will need to meet the procedural standards and burden of proof in a German criminal court.

That's a tall order for them, and might be one of the reasons why Big Joke wants to fly to Germany himself too see what can be done.

If the victim is really 17 years old as reported, an additional problem is the age of consent, so unless he can be slapped with an assault, trafficking or coercion charge. The German court will apply German law, and having sex with a 17 year old person who consents isn't a crime.

3 hours ago, PJ71 said:

This is arse about tit, normally Thais ( like a lot of asians ) look a lot younger than they actually are.

Sure that's true.  Also you put the right make up on the right 13 year old and in a dark bar she can look 19. I am aware of thais doing time because of that. Yes they were not too smart or didn't notice but they noticed the prison time! 

9 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Don't tell me they are going to fly people around the world  for something like this----she has probably had  (being kind) many customers, none would have been younger then her ,

so all were braking the  criminal code of Thailand, and places like the USA etc.

This hot shot policeman gets a lot of publicity, while solving crimes--maybe he should be put on something high profile,  like Murder, now who could he track down that murdered one if his colleagues.

Or maybe would it be safer to stay with a Bar Girl crime......

That's a very good point! Why not chase down Boss instead of a petty prostitution client?.... it's just B.S. theatrics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Age of consent in

Thailand is 15

Germany is 14

UK is 16

No person under the age of 18 can be paid for sex in england.

Prostitution is not illegal in England, just advertising sex for sale and streetwalking. Persons giving money for sex to persons under 18 face criminal charges. I believe similar laws may apply in Germany where again Prostitution is not illegal and neither is advertising sex for sale. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand so the man is only guilty of paying for sex in thailand unless there is some convoluted law in Thailand which recognises prostitution in a roundabout manner. The girl was under 18 at the time therefore the German man may be guilty only in Germany of paying for sex with a minor. I reiterate he may just be guilty of paying for sex in Thailand.

Edited by RobU
Clarification
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder what German law says about intent in a case like this.  Seems he was in a bar, with a reasonable expectation that she was of legal age.  Assuming, of course, that she was one of the bar's girls and not a random customer, freelancing.

• Like 1

Paragraph 182 of the German Criminal Code makes paying for sex for under 18 year olds punishable (in this respect it's comparable to Thai law), also when done abroad. But it says in clause (6) it may be overlooked "when the injustice done is small".

https://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/182.html

I guess the guy has a lawyer and he estimated the injustice to be small, as the 17 year old was working openly in a bar and obviously not forced to do so.

Edited by Quit
Link provided

11 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I think I read somewhere there is no extradition treaty between Germany and Thailand 

However I believe crimes committed abroad can be tried in Germany if those same crimes would be punishable if committed in Germany.

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Quite the opposite  Going after the end user, customer, is the easy, correct way to go.  End the demand, and theoretically, you'll end the supply.  Sadly, simply too many pervs out there, that want to have sex with children.

Don't knw about Germany, but it is illegal to travel internationally to have sex with minors.  If known, one would face arrest on return to USA.  I've even send news-blips of Yanks arrest to FBI for their consideration.

You just can't understand the point, the gap between 17 and 18 is only 1 year and the girl has been a hooker for a while so she looks older and experienced. I actually think this poor guy was a victim, this chief police is just trying to show his work because of the very negative documentary by DW.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

1. I don't see a 17yo as a 'minor'.

2. The guy in the OP, wasn't having a relationship, it was just sex.

it's not what we see it as it's what the law sees in as, and that's Jail time or a pretty large fine. Not just sex paid sex to a prostitute.

11 minutes ago, proton said:

it's not what we see it as it's what the law sees in as, and that's Jail time or a pretty large fine. Not just sex paid sex to a prostitute.

I commit crimes all the time, double parking, buying alcohol out of hours, smoking cannabis in a public place, driving 35 on a 30 zone, no helmet, no seat belt, driving the wrong way, etc. Nobody cares .... It's the 3rd world.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I commit crimes all the time, double parking, buying alcohol out of hours, smoking cannabis in a public place, driving 35 on a 30 zone, no helmet, no seat belt, driving the wrong way, etc. Nobody cares .... It's the 3rd world.

Did you ever had sex with a minor over here?That is a bit more of a serious offense.

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody cares until it hits social media like in this case, then it's a big deal if they catch you, same as the daft Chinese woman slagging off the Nana area

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Imagine the judge getting (and laughing) a extradition request in my UK and Thailand demanding the return of a UK national for having sex with a 17 year old , a year older than the legal age for sex in the UK.

Thai police are laughable sometimes.

17 year old in the UK these days is probably up the duff with her 2nd kid and on the council lists already

13 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

17! year and consent. Ridiculous! Nothing to see here. 

2 police officers involved sounds like a extortion racket, girl goes to mans hotel, girl rings mom and police boyfriend turns up and arrests man, then, asks man to pay large fine. I know of this happening in Buriram

• Like 1

Maybe this guy knew what he was doing, maybe he didn't. Haven't had the inclination to go into all the gory details. I will only say that when I worked in a Thai school, and the girls put on a show (usually led by a katoey, incidentally), wearing makeup and stuff, they looked a hell of a lot older. Anyway, yeah, it's wrong, and the law should take its course, but such a lot of fuss and bother over a borderline case? Seems to me someone is trying to virtue signal, which is a joke, given we're talking about Pattaya. Love it or hate it, it ain't no Sunday school camp.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Imo it has little to do with a 17 year old girl going with an older customer and got paid for it.

I think this happens everyday somewhere in Thailand,also she is 17 not a real child anymore plus she knew what she was doing.

She probably had a few customers before.

I have only read a few pages of this topic and a lot of people seem to get confused with what the law really says about this.

Now i do not know why this German guy went home and opened his mouth.

If he would have shut up no one would have known?

I think the problem is a gigantic loss of face on the Thai Police part.

This has been world news and not really positive.

Big Joke needs to go there and find out who paid whom how much and for what!

He is not getting any answers in Thailand and in my view going to Germany even makes matters worse.

Germany has a special bond with Thailand and maybe this is also coming into play.

In the end a few names will be mentioned and some lower rank will be told to take the blame and after that?business as usual.

I think you should take the time to actually understand what is going on. Most everything you have written there is a complete flight of fantasy on your part. Starting with her age. The German ‘opening his mouth’. Big Joke’s role in it. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

You just can't understand the point, the gap between 17 and 18 is only 1 year and the girl has been a hooker for a while so she looks older and experienced. I actually think this poor guy was a victim, this chief police is just trying to show his work because of the very negative documentary by DW.

image.png.9ca57e9e5bd18775a281ce56551cc800.png

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Well, I never ever done what you call crime but this so-called crime is committed every hour in Thailand.

19 hours ago, impulse said:

Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that the establishment she works for/out of has vetted her for things like age and legality? And hopefully, communicable diseases...

Assume nothing..... some are taken in by a sister's ID, some are attracted to potential earnings.