German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Is sex with a 17yo illegal in Germany?

I think not!

Can you even extradite someone for this?

If it's illegal in Thailand where the offence took place then the answer is yes... If they have an extradition treaty.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Spock said:

This is not a child. Not one requiring the chief of police to jump on a plane and go overseas. Totally over the top. About what you'd expect from Thailand.

At 17 yrs old, she's not an adult in Germany's or Thailand's law description. And she is someone's child, a minor,, until considered an adult via legal status of, 18 & 20 yrs old, respectfully.

That you question that is very telling.   Laws are to protect those that aren't mature enough to make decisions for themselves.  Adults taking advantage of that are committing a crime, and deserve the upmost punishment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Deputy National Police Chief General Surachate Hakparn or Big Joke at a press conference on December 8th when he updated reporters on the case. The senior police officer plans to travel to Germany in January 2024 as German suspect 55-year-old Jens Kirch is cooperating with German prosecutors who may charge him with offences relating to his activities in Pattaya in September last year.

Top Thai cop, General Surachate Hakparn, reveals wanted German national Jens Kirch could face possible charges in Germany for underage sex with a minor in Pattaya. Kirch is collaborating with German prosecutors. ‘Big Joke’ meanwhile probes possible police corruption claims in Pattaya while pursuing justice and keeping the Kingdom’s fight against human trafficking on track.

It has emerged that the 55-year-old German national Jens Kirch, wanted in Thailand for underage sex with a minor, may face charges in Germany for the same criminal acts committed in Pattaya in September 2022. Additionally, it is understood that Mr Kirch is working with German prosecutors and may assist in the investigation being carried out by Deputy National Police Chief General Surachate Hakparn who is travelling to Germany in January 2024.

In the case assigned to him by Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin of crime, escape, and pursuit, of underage sex suspects, General Surachate Hakparn, commonly known as ‘Big Joke,’ sheds light on the legal ins and outs surrounding the case of Jens Kirch, a 55-year-old German fugitive charged with the sexual assault of a minor in Thailand. 

Already the unfolding saga has seen disciplinary action against two Thai police officers in Pattaya linked with the case in late 2022 before the Provincial Court, diplomatic efforts seeking the man’s extradition and international cooperation now being pursued by ‘Big Joke’ to ultimately bring him to justice.

Full story: Thai Examiner.com 2023-12-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Damage limitation? 😊

Are they saying that she is 17 now? They certainly weren’t saying that she was 17 then. 
They’ll need to go back to modify all the graphics produced then:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Is sex with a 17yo illegal in Germany?

I think not!

Can you even extradite someone for this?

What he did would also be a crime / illegal in Germany also:

... "If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to work as a prostitute. Sexual acts with minors in exchange for money are a criminal offence in Germany (“sexual abuse”). Persuading minors to engage in such acts is also a criminal offence."

• Confused 1

Where did I see that the 17-year-old was working in a bar? I have read Thai law concerning these relationships. I read them due to my son being 16 and keeping him on the right side of a confusing and unworkable law. 

According to Thai law, if the underage minor comes from a bar, the law-breaking is on the bar's side, not the patron's. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If she was a bar girl, she probably had a fair number of customers, which means there would be a sizeable number of 'guilty parties' out there, probably from all over the world. Maybe someone just wants to see Germany in winter... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

It’s because she is a prostitute so falls under the obscenity act, being under 18, despite age of consent here being 15. Wonder if he knew her age. Bit ott cops going to Germany and he could have his life ruined when she is technically not underage. Bar owners should get equal treatment if that’s the case. 

"Bit ott cops going to Germany and he could have his life ruined when she is technically not underage".

She sure was underage, serial whoring in a bar!  Why shouldn't he have his life ruined?

"Bar owners should get equal treatment if that’s the case".

They did, they were arrested and detained, also.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

Get an education.  I have a relationship with someone in Cambodia who is more than 35 years younger. We have a very smart 6 year old daughter.  Certainly smarter than some thick fool like you. Oh and her mother is a lieutenant colonel in the Police. But then people like you live in clueless little bubbles. 

pervert

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

This hot shot policeman gets a lot of publicity, while solving crimes--maybe he should be put on something high profile,  like Murder, now who could he track down that murdered one if his colleagues.

He was told to go, not his choice.  And how do you think that RTP officers, whose jurisdiction ends at the Thai borders, could do anything about it, even if they did track down the person you referenced (who did not murder anyone but does face a serious traffic offence)?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Yes, I can see this backfiring on Thailand. Was it not stated that she was 17 and 10 months? Then there are the issues you bring up. Working in  bar where sex is readily available (exposing the Thai reality through this criminal investigation). Then, in investigation, exposing trafficking in Thailand whether applicable to this particular case or not. And the police protection of the bar business, again, through investigation in a publicized case exposing Thai reality.  Not nit picking just observing that I would probably stated your point in the opposite … 25 year olds looking 17. No, I see this being a negative PR disaster for Thailand. All that said, my point is not in defense of underage working as bar girls. As to age difference? My Thai Wife is substantially younger. Think Michael Douglas and Katherine Zeta Jones. I would have been 44 when she was 18.

No, it was not ever stated that she was 17 years and 10 months. 
Why not at least provide a link to your entirely fabricated data?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

At 17 yrs old, she's not an adult in Germany's or Thailand's law description. And she is someone's child, a minor,, until considered an adult via legal status of, 18 & 20 yrs old, respectfully.

That you question that is very telling.   Laws are to protect those that aren't mature enough to make decisions for themselves.  Adults taking advantage of that are committing a crime, and deserve the upmost punishment.

A few months and she can legally be working in the bars. It's not the same as foreigners trolling for pre and early teens amongst the street kids etc. The bar owner is the major person who should be prosecuted here, then the client, but either way my main point was that this does not warrant a special trip to Germany from Big Joke unless he truly wants to appear a big joke.  Save the visits for truly under age cases. There are degrees of offending against minors, and this is at the very softest end of the scale.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Spock said:

A few months and she can legally be working in the bars. It's not the same as foreigners trolling for pre and early teens amongst the street kids etc. The bar owner is the major person who should be prosecuted here, then the client, but either way my main point was that this does not warrant a special trip to Germany from Big Joke unless he truly wants to appear a big joke.  Save the visits for truly under age cases. There are degrees of offending against minors, and this is at the very softest end of the scale.

Don’t believe everything that you read 😊

It amazes me that people have such short memories or simply don’t bother with doing even the tiniest bit of research before commenting. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

He doesn't have to be extradited ... he can be tried in Germany and , as tegqrds legal age , the the law of Thailand on that will apply ... 

I doubt he would cop much of a sentence even in Germany unless the judicial system went out of its way to appear to be doing its darndest to support Big Joke's visit.

• Like 1