Military Doctor Surrenders After 5-Hour Standoff

webfact

2 hours ago, RobU said:

Where is this reported. The original article doesn't mention that only toy guns were found

From The Thaiger, the second of the linked sources.

"Upon searching the house, only toy guns and plastic bullets were discovered, with no real firearms present. Despite the imitation nature of the guns, the army doctor is still liable to be charged under Section 392 of the Criminal Law for causing fear and alarm to others. The potential penalty involves imprisonment for up to one month, a fine of up to 10,000 baht, or a combination of both."

10,000 fine? A month in jail? Or both? I'll have to hurry you... Hmm, a month in jail sounds quite pleasant. And the fine's not to be sneezed at. I'll take them both! Doh!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

In Malaysia, by law, all labour must cease at 5pm so as not to disturb the public. 

The law is generally respected, too.

Unfortunately in Thailand people generally have little respect for others and are just self absorbed in their own importance 

4 hours ago, bradiston said:

From The Thaiger, the second of the linked sources.

"Upon searching the house, only toy guns and plastic bullets were discovered, with no real firearms present. Despite the imitation nature of the guns, the army doctor is still liable to be charged under Section 392 of the Criminal Law for causing fear and alarm to others. The potential penalty involves imprisonment for up to one month, a fine of up to 10,000 baht, or a combination of both."

10,000 fine? A month in jail? Or both? I'll have to hurry you... Hmm, a month in jail sounds quite pleasant. And the fine's not to be sneezed at. I'll take them both! Doh!

Thanks bradiston I missed that. I think you're right he would pay the fine and go to prison just for the peace and quiet

• Haha 1

Unfortunately there seems to be a very fast growing number of Thai people with "mental illness"

I would say its more like their fragile ego's with an inability to control their short fuse tempers often brought on by them not being able to cope with a "lose of face" 

A couple of years ago I tooted the horn at a slow driving van driver as he kept moving across the road into my lane, once I passed him he tail gated me for the next 10kms tooting his horn and flashing the headlights.