I Should Have Known Better.

giddyup

4 minutes ago, UWEB said:

The only time I had trouble with Lazada was, when I not used CoD. That was the first and last time I payed an Order in advance, and the Money is still in Lazada Wallet and can't get it out.

When I paid an order in advance on Lazada and the order was canceled by the seller, I got the refund to the wallet and, like you, to this day I haven't been able to withdraw it. Stopped using Lazada because of that. Use Shopee a lot now and pay in advance and not had any problems at all. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, UWEB said:

The only time I had trouble with Lazada was, when I not used CoD. That was the first and last time I payed an Order in advance, and the Money is still in Lazada Wallet and can't get it out.

What is stopping you?

16 minutes ago, UWEB said:

9 minutes ago, GarryP said:

When I paid an order in advance on Lazada and the order was canceled by the seller, I got the refund to the wallet and, like you, to this day I haven't been able to withdraw it. Stopped using Lazada because of that. Use Shopee a lot now and pay in advance and not had any problems at all. 

You need to set up the Lazada Wallet and the only way to do that is via their Mobile App.
Which will require an ID check and verification before the wallet is active.  Once activated on the mobile site, the wallet will appear as a payment option in the Lazada Web App.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, connda said:

You need to set up the Lazada Wallet and the only way to do that is via their Mobile App.
Which will require an ID check and verification before the wallet is active.  Once activated on the mobile site, the wallet will appear as a payment option in the Lazada Web App.

I did all that. But I changed my number, and it won't allow me to change back to my original number which would allow me to get the money. 

17 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Very strange.....   I get ordered cancelled all the time (had loads cancelled this month already)... the money gets returned quickly.

But, surely its possible to transfer the money from your Lazada Wallet to your Thai Bank Account, no ??? (obviously not because you've said you can't - but I'm wondering how or why it can't be done).

Just now, The Cyclist said:

3 items delivered today for a total of 1300 Baht COD, notification at 0930 that they were out for delivery, delivered about 4 hours later.

I find the Lazada tracking system very accurate.

Great... but you have to wait in for your deliveries so you can pay...    doesn't that tie you down....

What if you wanted to go out for lunch ?... go for swim etc ?

The vast majority of our deliveries are just placed on the porch so we are not tied down...

It would be a nightmare having to be available all the time for delivery so we can pay (given how much my Wife orders !).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Great... but you have to wait in for your deliveries so you can pay...    doesn't that tie you down....

What if you wanted to go out for lunch ?... go for swim etc ?

The vast majority of our deliveries are just placed on the porch so we are not tied down...

It would be a nightmare having to be available all the time for delivery so we can pay (given how much my Wife orders !).

Nah, delivery guy sends QR code to your phone, then leaves package with security guard.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, UWEB said:

24 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I got the refund to the wallet and, like you, to this day I haven't been able to withdraw it

Thats two of you on this thread...  so obviously there is some sort of issue...

But I also wonder how 'app literate' some of 'us' are...  I find a lot of the Thai Apps very 'noisy'... 

Shopee, Lazada, True, K-Bank etc... there just lots of stuff popping up and navigation is often illogical... 

I wonder how much 'Computer illiteracy' or more specifically 'App illiteracy' comes into it when dealing with these issues...  

It seems the older I get, the more Apps I find that I struggle to navigate - and when I have similar issues, there is a solution, I just couldn't find it.

• Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Nah, delivery guy sends QR code to your phone, then leaves package with security guard.

Yeah.. I can see how that would work... 

But then, whats the point of CoD ???... you still don't know the correct item has been delivered and its more effort than just paying at time of purchase with the app.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No. When you live out in the sticks the delivery drivers know where to find the money.

Plus, they usually phone first to save a wasted trip.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I used COD on my first Lazada order, whereupon I figured out that I'd have to leave work to collect the goodies delivered to my apartment. That became a non-starter.

My second (and through hundreds of other) Lazada orders, I paid in advance and never had an issue.  Most times, the apartment office allowed Lazada to drop off the pre-paid orders if I was out when they arrived.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I order quite often from Lazada, in fact awaiting three small items at the moment, nothing worth more than 130 Baht. Courier just turned up and said has a parcel for 280 baht, but I have ordered nothing of that amount. Against my better judgement I paid the courier and opened the box and found a grubby used nylon jacket, worth maybe 20 baht. I don't know where these scammers get my name and address, but lesson learned and they won't catch me again.

And another COD scam victim. But I'm sure the AseanNow COD brigade will turn up in a second and swear it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I did all that. But I changed my number, and it won't allow me to change back to my original number which would allow me to get the money. 

Well that sucks. 

For all of those who believe that digital currency and digital wallets are so "modern" and "convenient?"

Well, until you change your number and everything breaks.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The best way to avoid such scams is simply not to use CoD.

Thus: my advice is don't use CoD and avoid most potential hassles. 

Correct, using COD is dangerous.

52 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Nothing wrong with using COD just remember what you've ordered and how much the item is. If you didn't order it, don't accept the delivery.

Or don't use COD and you don't need to do anything, no whiteboards in your living room, nothing,

43 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Lazada refunds are by the payment method you originally used, they have to be to comply with AML, something amiss if your funds appeared in a wallet to didn't use to make the payment.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Well, thats pretty easy to solve. Look on the app and see what you ordered. It has the price and delivery date there. It's not rocket science, Einstein.

Do you have a brain? You can't even get a delivery.

Charming I'm sure.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Correct, using COD is dangerous.

Or don't use COD and you don't need to do anything, no whiteboards in your living room, nothing,

Lazada refunds are by the payment method you originally used, they have to be to comply with AML, something amiss if your funds appeared in a wallet to didn't use to make the payment.

Just rechecked the wallet and there is nothing there now. Anyway, it was a small amount from a few years back. Will still continue to use Shopee as my preferred online shopping platform. 

• Agree 1