I Should Have Known Better.

giddyup

Just now, GarryP said:

Just rechecked the wallet and there is nothing there now. Anyway, it was a small amount from a few years back. Will still continue to use Shopee as my preferred online shopping platform. 

There was a short period when Lazada were putting refunds in wallets, they had to stop doing that.

• Like 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

There was a short period when Lazada were putting refunds in wallets, they had to stop doing that.

Lazada put every refund in the wallet, and you have to withdraw it.

I think if it was paid by credit card, the refund will be issued to the CC directly

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Why you think lazada would refund anything that wasn't ordered through their platform.

The OP paid for something that he never ordered

Correct, that is one of the COD scams.  The OP was expecting something but what arrived did not come from Lazada, the shipper sent it direct and ultimately Lazada cancel the sale because the shipper never shipped it.

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This always sparks debate

What's to debate, I just explained how it works in this household. If you have a faulty memory, and/or you wife and kids don't talk to you, sure prepayment is probably best. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Do you get refunds from Lazada, that weren't paid by credit card, directly to your bank account.

image.thumb.png.58d5fb3d04473045c7a5cc2fc4374c4e.png

I only pay by link to my bank account debit card I think so I don't know.  There are too many people in this household to use COD, (checking every order would be a nightmare).

1 hour ago, connda said:

You need to set up the Lazada Wallet and the only way to do that is via their Mobile App.
Which will require an ID check and verification before the wallet is active.  Once activated on the mobile site, the wallet will appear as a payment option in the Lazada Web App.

image.png.10a8824b01087015c009e9275319c553.png

I've asked Lazada Customer Support how to get the Money out, they wan' to have a copy of my Passport and Bankbook. I asked if they want to have also my Online Banking Password, was laughing and told them to f..o.....

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, UWEB said:

I've asked Lazada Customer Support how to get the Money out, they wan' to have a copy of my Passport and Bankbook. I asked if they want to have also my Online Banking Password, was laughing and told them to f..o.....

Your loss if you want to insist on being an idiot.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Did you have to search long on the internet to find that picture? Lazada wallet is open to foreigners, using it for years already

Lazada wallet.jpg

Screenshot was taken 5 minutes ago from my Account

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Did you have to search long on the internet to find that picture? Lazada wallet is open to foreigners, using it for years already

Are you sure about that I tried to use it last month and it told me  "no longer available to foreigners" - I had to get money refunded to my bank account by calling Customer Support and by the ease with which this happened I think maybe this new rule is causing some problems.

Edited by Negita43
finger issue
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Negita43 said:

Are you sure about that I tried to use it last month and it told me  "no longer avaikable to foreigners" - I had to get money refunded to my bank account by calling Customer Support and by the ease with which this happened I think maybe this new rule is causing some problems.

You can see the time the screenshot was taken in the top left corner.

I don't use COD on Lazada. My GF does, and occasionally gets scammed - goods not corresponding with description.

Lazada was very good recently, when a supplier double debited me. The supplier's chat line was inoperable - with a 98% rating.

I phoned Lazada's English line, the guy spoke very good English. He asked me to email him a screenshot of the double debit in my account.

A day later, my money was refunded.

• Like 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

phoned Lazada's English line, the guy spoke very good English. He asked me to email him a screenshot of the double debit in my account.

A day later, my money was refunded.

I have had quite a few dealings with their English support line and thsy are excellent.  Only ever had one problem with getting a refund and even that was done though it took 10 weeks.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

And another COD scam victim. But I'm sure the AseanNow COD brigade will turn up in a second and swear it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I take full responsibilty for allowing myself to be scammed. As I said, I knew I had ordered nothing of the value of the item, but went ahead and accepted it anyway. I will continue to use COD for Lazada, but obviously won't accept anything I haven't ordered again.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I take full responsibilty for allowing myself to be scammed. As I said, I knew I had ordered nothing of the value of the item, but went ahead and accepted it anyway. I will continue to use COD for Lazada, but obviously won't accept anything I haven't ordered again.

Now you know. But maybe next time your wife/gf/kids/pets are at home while you are not and just accept the package and pay. Or just use a card for payments and everything solved. I really don't know why people want to make their life more difficult.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Now you know. But maybe next time your wife/gf/kids/pets are at home while you are not and just accept the package and pay. Or just use a card for payments and everything solved. I really don't know why people want to make their life more difficult.

I'll say it once more. Been using COD to pay Lazada for at least 10 years and never had a problem. This scam is on me and my curiosity. My Thai partner told me not to accept the package, but I did anyway. Mea Culpa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'll say it once more. Been using COD to pay Lazada for at least 10 years and never had a problem. This scam is on me and my curiosity. My Thai partner told me not to accept the package, but I did anyway. Mea Culpa.

Well I applaud you for owning up and even telling people about it. And that your Thai partner seems to be on the ball as well. But why still insist on COD?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Well I applaud you for owning up and even telling people about it. And that your Thai partner seems to be on the ball as well. But why still insist on COD?

Because it works for me. I've literally had hundreds of items from Lazada delivered this way without a problem. Today's scam is nothing to do with Lazada.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

I use COD and if the amount asked for and the lable on the box doesn't look official I would refuse it.

That’s not enough to avoid the scam.

It works like this, you order something expensive, the seller marks it being packed for shipping. The seller ships something cheap to you directly with an official looking Lazada label, it’s delivered COD, the seller never actually ships anything through the Lazada official channel and the sale times out and is automatically canceled by Lazada.

If you’re on the ball, you can avoid this scam, but if you have multiple orders being delivered regularly and even worse multiple household members ordering then you need to devise a system to safeguard you.

Or you never ship COD which is the rule in my household. It’s the easiest and safest solution.

32 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Because it works for me. I've literally had hundreds of items from Lazada delivered this way without a problem. Today's scam is nothing to do with Lazada.

It worked until it didn't. You made a mistake which everyone does every now but now you have no recourse, you can't get your money back. If you always paid by card and never accepted COD deliveries it wouldn't happen. Yes it has nothing to do with Lazada. It has all to do with being used to COD. Paying by card is safer and more convenient.

• Confused 2