I Should Have Known Better.

giddyup

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Great... but you have to wait in for your deliveries so you can pay...    doesn't that tie you down....

What if you wanted to go out for lunch ?... go for swim etc ?

The vast majority of our deliveries are just placed on the porch so we are not tied down...

It would be a nightmare having to be available all the time for delivery so we can pay (given how much my Wife orders !).

What the heck do you BOTH keep ordering? I don't get why most  people order nothing ever from Lazada and others seem to have a horrific hobby of " looking" for things they never really need. How do you and your wife even have time to go out to lunch? Why not order lunch on lazada?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, eisfeld said:

You don't need a credit card. Just use a debit card. Using a foreign card raises no flags, no-one cares but it would probably incur additional costs for currency conversion etc.

I'm not blaming you for having made the mistake, again I commend you for posting this. What I just don't understand is the insistence on COD when easier and safer options are readily available. Each to their own I guess? :coffee1:

SOMS is very prevalent here. Stubborn old man syndrome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, connda said:

I've got a white board in the living room that my wife and I write COD purchase on.
When a COD arrive we check the board for the price.  If there is no match, we don't accept the package.
Easy breezy.  :thumbsup:

You can’t say W&&te board anymore. It is a non binary washable surface from which to collect your thoughts into print.

thank me later Brother 😎

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, UWEB said:

The only time I had trouble with Lazada was, when I not used CoD. That was the first and last time I payed an Order in advance, and the Money is still in Lazada Wallet and can't get it out.

Me too. Lazada want me to pay by the wallet, but I won't give my bank account even for ฿200 returned item. COD is the best way, no personal information gets involve and sellers ship it quicker. 
I recently not using Lazada, because free shipping offered not working for COD. I switched to Shoppee. I spend my money else where. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

I order quite often from Lazada, in fact awaiting three small items at the moment, nothing worth more than 130 Baht. Courier just turned up and said has a parcel for 280 baht, but I have ordered nothing of that amount. Against my better judgement I paid the courier and opened the box and found a grubby used nylon jacket, worth maybe 20 baht. I don't know where these scammers get my name and address, but lesson learned and they won't catch me again.

If I'm not expecting a package I will insist on opening it in front of the delivery driver, if he says no then I simply turn him away. See ya. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If I'm not expecting a package I will insist on opening it in front of the delivery driver, if he says no then I simply turn him away. See ya. 

No courier driver will allow you to open a package unless you pay first. Once you've opened it you've bought it.

Edited by giddyup
  • Agree 1

I just finished a war with AliExpress.  They used Flash for final delivery who normally is great but this time they sent it to the wrong address.  Problem is the courier called my phone which was off at the time and he just self signed for the delivery.  I spent hours trying to sort it out here before telling AliExpress it's their courier so their problem.  They fell back on the couriers signature as proof of delivery and labeled me a liar for a 600 baht piece of rubber weather stripping.  I gave them plenty of evidence specifically showing the zip code of delivery as different from mine and a translated message from the Flash manager admitting they lost it.  I bundled all my evidence and sent it to Wise who promptly refunded me.  The 600 baht was not a concern.  The concern was that AliExpress was going to refuse clear evidence on even small ticket items moving forward. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, The Theory said:

COD is the best way, no personal information gets involve and sellers ship it quicker. 

No personal information apart from your name, address and purchase information. Same as with a card.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

No courier driver will allow you to open a package unless you pay first. Once you've opened it you've bought it.

Another reason not to use COD. If I pay by card I can open it whenever I want and if the content doesn't match what I expect I just return and get my money back easily. If Lazada refuses then I just tell my bank to do a chargeback. Good luck doing that with COD.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

No personal information apart from your name, address and purchase information. Same as with a card.

Another reason not to use COD. If I pay by card I can open it whenever I want and if the content doesn't match what I expect I just return and get my money back easily. If Lazada refuses then I just tell my bank to do a chargeback. Good luck doing that with COD.

No different than COD. Once I've paid and the product doesn't meet my expectations I can return it and get a refund from Lazada, which I've done a few times without a problem.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No different than COD. Once I've paid and the product doesn't meet my expectations I can return it and get a refund from Lazada, which I've done a few times without a problem.

IF it's something you actually ordered :P I've seen a friend having a return refused by Lazada. Paid COD and therefore SOL. He stopped buying from Lazada due to that.

18 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

IF it's something you actually ordered :P I've seen a friend having a return refused by Lazada. Paid COD and therefore SOL. He stopped buying from Lazada due to that.

Goes without saying it has to be something you ordered. They aren't going to refund for the COD I received yesterday.

On 12/13/2023 at 1:53 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I know this is going to start a foray of 'whatifery'...   But, the CoD scams have been working for quite a while now. 

I started a thread on this a few years back, at the time the CoD scam was new and lot of people didn't believe it. 

The best way to avoid such scams is simply not to use CoD.

I know others have their preferences...  But Lazada is fairly safe, if the wrong item, a fake item etc is delivered its simple enough to initiate a return - I've returned loads of items, never an issue.

I've had fake items delivered, the seller refused to accept responsibility - I still recevied a full refund. 

Thus: my advice is don't use CoD and avoid most potential hassles. 

Good advice... Lately though for small baht orders, Lazada has been not accepting my card and forcing me to use COD... pain in the neck!

19 hours ago, alex8912 said:

What the heck do you BOTH keep ordering? I don't get why most  people order nothing ever from Lazada and others seem to have a horrific hobby of " looking" for things they never really need. How do you and your wife even have time to go out to lunch? Why not order lunch on lazada?

I know a few folks who get home after a few drinks and in the morning need to get onto Lazada to try and cancel the kayak they ordered that night. 

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2023 at 2:02 PM, UWEB said:

The only time I had trouble with Lazada was, when I not used CoD. That was the first and last time I payed an Order in advance, and the Money is still in Lazada Wallet and can't get it out.

I can't use my Lazada wallet either.

I have found that when that happens you can contact them and ask them to turn that amount into a voucher. It's more of a hassle than it sounds but worth it if it's a lot of money. I currently have about 150 baht locked that way and it's not worth bothering. Also be careful. When you get the voucher use it all one on ONE purchase! For example if it's 1000 baht don't use it on a 400 purchase because if you do that you lose 600. 

Currently I very rarely use COD and pay by bank transfer instead.

But I will use Lazada COD if:

There is something dodgy sounding about the seller such as low service ratings.

If the stock on the item is very low, like last one or two in stock.

Expensive items like electronics but sometimes they disable COD

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But I will use Lazada COD if:

There is something dodgy sounding about the seller such as low service ratings.

If the stock on the item is very low, like last one or two in stock.

And how would using COD on those items provide any benefit?

You are not allowed to open the parcel before you have paid, and if you have paid by wallet you will get a refund anyway.

BTW I always use COD

28 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Because you don't follow the instructions. Foreigners can use the wallet, but you can't activate the wallet through the website, you need to use the app to activate

Don't make assumptions silly. 

It's not because I'm a foreigner.

It's because of something SPECIFIC that happened with the history of my account that they refuse to fix. It's totally insane that they refuse to fix it but I'm stuck with this situation permanently. 

I won't go into details but again NOTHING to do with being a foreigner.

Cheers.

33 minutes ago, BenStark said:

And how would using COD on those items provide any benefit?

You are not allowed to open the parcel before you have paid, and if you have paid by wallet you will get a refund anyway.

BTW I always use COD

My main problem with prepaying has been the merchant cancelling my order because they have no stock. No problem if you have a functioning wallet. I don't.  So with COD if I check and see in advance low stock, I don't get stuck with a cancellation paid into my wallet (which I can't use).

So COD prevents that kind of cancellation.

BTW, I used to stick with COD on orders coming from China but over the years I haven't had one cancellation on a China order. 

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I can't use my Lazada wallet either.

I have found that when that happens you can contact them and ask them to turn that amount into a voucher. It's more of a hassle than it sounds but worth it if it's a lot of money. I currently have about 150 baht locked that way and it's not worth bothering. Also be careful. When you get the voucher use it all one on ONE purchase! For example if it's 1000 baht don't use it on a 400 purchase because if you do that you lose 600. 

The Lazada wallet has made my life easier, it seems to work very well for me. I usually have a 1000b sitting there. Since Lazada seem to honour a fair return policy I have no issue with it. I returned an incorrect item recently and the refund was in my wallet just after it was picked up. Hadn't even got to the supplier for their evaluation yet.  I can always use the money and get close to zero, simply feeding the cat. 

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The Lazada wallet has made my life easier, it seems to work very well for me. I usually have a 1000b sitting there. Since Lazada seem to honour a fair return policy I have no issue with it. I returned an incorrect item recently and the refund was in my wallet just after it was picked up. Hadn't even got to the supplier for their evaluation yet.  I can always use the money and get close to zero, simply feeding the cat. 

I absolutely agree with that. I do this as well. Never had any problems with Lazada wallet.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I would like the wallet but as I said Lazada refuses to fix the issue that makes my wallet a one-way street only. 

Again this is a specific issue with my account.