Taiwan seeking answers over hit and run death in Bangkok

snoop1130

First an innoncent tourist was involved in a hit and run accident by a Thai and than refused urgent medical treatment in a nearby Thai hospital. What happened with this so-called LOS?

Edited by Lenthai
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, French mate said:

"denying treatment to a critically ill emergency patient could face a jail term of up to two years and/or fines of up to Bt40,000."

That alone can explain why this kind of behavior can and will keep happen here. The financial penality for the hospital is meanless compared to the potential benefit to not be left with an huge unpaid bill.
As for the 2 year jail, they will always have a low ranked scape goat to take the blame.

Should fine every staff member and jail them to the MAX of 2yrs to all those involved in the refusal. 

Edited by brianthainess

1 hour ago, neeray said:

For all the news items I read about damaging Thailand's image, this hospital blunder epitomizes 'image damage'. This will definitely attribute to some vacant plane seats (and hotel rooms, restaurants, bars, tourist hotspots, transportation business ...............).

Maybe they should add that charge of damaging Thailand's image to the 400k fine and the 2yrs in nick.  And IMO A Doctor should also be charged with manslaughter.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Unnamed hospital on Pattanakarn road... well, excluding veterinary clinics, there's a gross total of 1. And you can see a big sign with its name on if you stand on Airport link platform at Huamark... Some secret!

Should have gone to Petcharavej Hospital at the end of New Petchaburi Road connecting Pattanakarn Road.  It's 5.7 km according to Google map, and it's a straight road.  At 2 am in the morning, there is no traffic jam.

Edited by thairookie

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think that the embassy is there to pick up accident victims and take them to hospital?

Mate, get OFF your high horse, it is about action taken, not picking up the victim... geez

And what action are you suggesting that his embassy didn't take in this case?   Don't tell me what to post, or how to post my opinions on this public forum...seems that you're the one on a 'kin high horse!  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And what action are you suggesting that his embassy didn't take in this case?   Don't tell me what to post, or how to post my opinions on this public forum...seems that you're the one on a 'kin high horse!  

Mate, I didn't intend to suggest anything, except maybe you READ what is posted, and YOU understand what is said...

But you did make some suggestions; perhaps you should read and understand what you post in your own comments. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

This will be noted by potential tourists to Thailand from China, Taiwan, east Asia generally, and from around the world. The days when Thais were friendly and welcoming to foreigners are long gone.

Then, why people stay in Thailand if for only complaining?

Why don't they leave for another place?

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

This is pitiful on so many levels. A human in need dies because Thailand hospital is too worried about money. It would serve the country right if tourist would just stop coming here all together. 

Unfortunately when you Googen "Thailand" you don't get to see the daily reality!

• Agree 2