Pattaya Hua Hin ferry

Wongkitlo

13 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Last time I checked, which was a few years ago, there was 1 train per day, very early in the morning, and the scheduled journey time was about 4 or 5 hours.

The station is not anywhere near as convenient as Hua Hin, but I'm sure there will be the standard selection of taxis and wins when arriving; and of course these days there's always Bolt/Grab.

Link I posted shows Patts station about 6 kms away from beach area, though that may be convenient for some, as who actually live at beach area.  Short taxi/bolt/grab beats leaving your car somewhere for a week, I think, unless secure and inexpensive parking available.

Driving really wouldn't be a pleasant drive, Patts to Hua Hin, as already stated, 35 is crap, and slow on a good days, in a few spots.  Then moves pretty good, but avoid weekends as BKK'er head to/from the beaches.

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Patts has train service to BKK, not sure how convenient, times & station are.  HH station (old) is very convenient and walking distance to surfside and most things city wise that interst.

Patts even has a rapid train on weekends, or use to.  Worth checking out.

I forgot about the Bangkok-Pattaya leg of the train, which is not recommendable yet, takes three hours whereas most coach and minibus can do it in under two, usually an hour and a half to the skytrains at Bangna

The weekends one are just airconditioned - similar schedule one service a day each way is also too limiting

the improved service is Bangkok-Huahin which the  new improved times is about three - three and a half hours over the almost four hours plus delays previously, will definitely beat the rush hour traffic on Rama 2 road 

3 minutes ago, digbeth said:

I forgot about the Bangkok-Pattaya leg of the train, which is not recommendable yet, takes three hours whereas most coach and minibus can do it in under two, usually an hour and a half to the skytrains at Bangna

The weekends one are just airconditioned - similar schedule one service a day each way is also too limiting

the improved service is Bangkok-Huahin which the  new improved times is about three - three and a half hours over the almost four hours plus delays previously, will definitely beat the rush hour traffic on Rama 2 road 

Train is a good option for those petrified about being on the roadways :giggle:

On 12/16/2023 at 12:49 PM, thecyclist said:

I agree it was too expensive, but completely different market it isn't. It is somewhat different. HH is about 30 % more expensive, so fewer cheap Charlies, but there is a bar scene, a lot smaller of course, in HH too. Lots of expats in both cities. 

Kind of curious. I haven't been in HH for a couple of years. Do they have as many Russians as Phuket and Pattaya?

Thank god no to the last question.  

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2023 at 9:55 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Can you provide details?  Was it from U-Tapao and how much was it (one-way or return)?  Cheers.

From private airport in chonburi. Contact Thai flying club. You charter a small plan and pay for a pilot and you go wherever you want.

Should he around 20k if you find someone that wants to take you.