New LED street lights brighten up Hua Hin’s Soi 112

webfact

image.jpeg

Hua Hin Municipality has announced the successful installation of new LED street lights along Soi 112.

The project, which illuminates one of the town’s key thoroughfares, was closely monitored by Mr. Jeerawat Phraamani, the municipal clerk of Hua Hin and the chairman of the inspection committee.

On December 14, Mr. Phraamani, accompanied by committee members, conducted a thorough inspection of the installation process on Soi Hua Hin 112. The project involved the setting up of 126 LED street lights, each with a power of 100 watts.

Complementing these lights are 63 newly erected street light poles, standing at a height of 9 meters each.

This installation, located in the central island of the Hua Na – Thap Tai road is part of a policy to improve public infrastructure for the area.

Full story: HUA HIN TODAY 2023-12-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yep ... and tells you exactly who is in control.  It certainly isn't the people or the govt.  They sell 100w or brighter, powered by solar.  Probably cheaper and less expensive to install & maintain.  

The whole system is a joke.  A tropical country should be powered by solar, for most of it's energy needs.

These are high level true 100W (400W HID equivalent) lights illuminating a highway two on each pole.

When you have real 200W power on each pole possibly operating from dusk to dawn, the solar panels and battery become a real challenge.  

foobar.thumb.jpg.ba43b9b14b6894ad281f0dc8ca08aee6.jpg

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fruit Trader said:

When you have real 200W power on each pole possibly operating from dusk to dawn, the solar panels and battery become a real challenge.  

Agree. Solar energy adding to the general mix is OK.

Plenty of solar farms in the country, one 60 MW not far from us.

But why add expensive decentralized solar installation in a fully developed area?

Such things make sense in remote places where a new electrical installation would cost more.

Here we have that out in the farm land for water pumps and the like.

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

"Moreover, the use of LED technology aligns with the municipality’s commitment to energy efficiency and environmental sustainability."

Agreed.

But it appears powered by an electric grid powered by fossil fuel. LED is easily powered by solar energy and more supportive towards a clean environment. 

Street lighting needs electricity at night, or are you from a country where the sun shines at night!?
:clap2::cheesy::post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Street lighting needs electricity at night, or are you from a country where the sun shines at night!?
:clap2::cheesy::post-4641-1156694572:

Of course it does and the 60 watt solar spotlights I am putting ii have solar panels and batteries.

The three I am putting in come on at dusk and stay on until there is enough light to charge the batteries and the lights shut down.

They are not as bright as the 100 watt LED strip lights they are replacing but they cost nothing to run. The 3 strip lights each consume 1200 watts per  night, or 3.6 units of electricity which at the current price of 4,59 baht per unit comes to about 16,5 thb per day or 495 thb per 30 day month.

One x 100 watt strip light costs 5.5 thb per 12 hour day.

One 60 watt solar spot light costs about 350 thb to buy, so they pay for themselves fairly quickly. Also they stay on during a power cut.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

Of course it does and the 60 watt solar spotlights I am putting ii have solar panels and batteries.

The three I am putting in come on at dusk and stay on until there is enough light to charge the batteries and the lights shut down.

They are not as bright as the 100 watt LED strip lights they are replacing but they cost nothing to run. The 3 strip lights each consume 1200 watts per  night, or 3.6 units of electricity which at the current price of 4,59 baht per unit comes to about 16,5 thb per day or 495 thb per 30 day month.

One x 100 watt strip light costs 5.5 thb per 12 hour day.

One 60 watt solar spot light costs about 350 thb to buy, so they pay for themselves fairly quickly. Also they stay on during a power cut.

can you receommend a good one mate? 

i had great luck with our solars bought a year or two ago, but bought some more recently, and these ones fade out after about 4 hours, which is much earlier than the older lights start to fade....

you got any links and i think we will purchase some more?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UKJASE said:

can you receommend a good one mate? 

i had great luck with our solars bought a year or two ago, but bought some more recently, and these ones fade out after about 4 hours, which is much earlier than the older lights start to fade....

you got any links and i think we will purchase some more?

The one that I ordered is only 30 watts to cover the bridge between us and our neighbour and it stays on for at least 12 hours. 

The company is from Bangkok and is called Modi and they are on the internet. They have many models of solar street and spot lights.

I ordered mine from Lazada COD at a cot of 321.44 thb, and  it was delivered in 5 days.

This is what I ordered

Solar cell street light, model MD-SLT27 - 30W (steady bright system), genuine* brand MODI XMLSOLAR.

It has the bracket, the extension and the solar light itself, but no mounting pole, and no need for a controller.

I hope that is of use to you.

20231213_155827.jpg

20231213_200125.jpg

20231213_200140.jpg

for the bridge page 01.jpg

for the bridge page02.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2023 at 4:15 PM, billd766 said:

The one that I ordered is only 30 watts to cover the bridge between us and our neighbour and it stays on for at least 12 hours. 

The company is from Bangkok and is called Modi and they are on the internet. They have many models of solar street and spot lights.

I ordered mine from Lazada COD at a cot of 321.44 thb, and  it was delivered in 5 days.

This is what I ordered

Solar cell street light, model MD-SLT27 - 30W (steady bright system), genuine* brand MODI XMLSOLAR.

It has the bracket, the extension and the solar light itself, but no mounting pole, and no need for a controller.

I hope that is of use to you.

20231213_155827.jpg

20231213_200125.jpg

20231213_200140.jpg

for the bridge page 01.jpg

for the bridge page02.jpg

Thanks very Much Billd... they look great and a good price

i have just ordered 2 on lazada.... thanks again buddy :)

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 6:31 PM, bigupandchill said:

they are brand new already, so i am not sure replacing the battery would help too much. 

as much as i hate throwing stuff out to landfill, i may just have to let these limp on and add a couple of brighter ones to the garden