‘He’s dog-whistling’: Trump denounced over anti-immigrant comment

CharlieH

42 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It is appropriate for a country to defend its borders against illegal immigration.

Trump did very little to stop illegals from coming into the US, lots of talk, no action. Note that 90% of illegals enter through legal ports of entry, Trump did zero about them.

If you really want to stop illegals, raid the big farms and construction sites. Trump not only declined to do that, he hired illegals for his projects.

Trump is playing you.

Stretching it a bit to say the least, do you really believe that  a business man / property developer operating at Trumps level actually involves himself personally in the hiring and firing of every single labourer ?  

Have you scrutinised every company / contractor involved in the manufacture of your Laptop, Mobile phone, Training shoes, to ensure their business practice aligns with your politics and concerns?  .. Sure you have

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Stretching it a bit to say the least, do you really believe that  a business man / property developer operating at Trumps level actually involves himself personally in the hiring and firing of every single labourer ?  

Have you scrutinised every company / contractor involved in the manufacture of your Laptop, Mobile phone, Training shoes, to ensure their business practice aligns with your politics and concerns?  .. Sure you have

Surely, you don't think Trump has nobody who is responsible for hiring new people whose job it is to do that?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

An allegedly anti-immigrant politician who hires illegals and has 2 immigrant wives?

You have been fooled, sir. You are trapped in a cult, and can't break out of it.

What Donald Trump Knew About Undocumented Workers at His Signature Tower

"Trump turned to Daniel Sullivan, a 6-ft. 5-in., 285-lb. labor consultant, FBI informant and future officer of the Teamsters Union. “Donald told me he had difficulties …,” Sullivan later testified in the case. “That he had some illegal Polish employees on the job.”

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Surely, you don't think Trump has nobody who is responsible for hiring new people whose job it is to do that?

I'm sure he does, but the nature of trumps business practices are no concern of mine and a bit removed from the subject of my original comment,which was the hysterical reactions that are common from his opponents and directed with such venom, not just  towards Trump himself, not just towards his supporters  but at  anybody who doesn't hate him as much as they  do

Its notable that  such "rational" comments have now moved on   We appear to be in the Nazi phase at present .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm sure he does, but the nature of trumps business practices are no concern of mine and a bit removed from the subject of my original comment,which was the hysterical reactions that are common from his opponents and directed with such venom, not just  towards Trump himself, not just towards his supporters  but at  anybody who doesn't hate him as much as they  do

Its notable that  such "rational" comments have now moved on   We appear to be in the Nazi phase at present .

Because Trump quoted Hitler. Is is surprising to you that this would be the reaction?

Maddow sounds the alarm that voters are loving Donald Trump's new Hitleresque campaign

https://www.rawstory.com/maddow-trumps-new-hitleresque-campaign/

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't think you should  be taking too much notice of what an ex wife has been paid to say about anybody

So he quoted from a book,  he had a copy if a book by his bed    Oh dear,,    Many keep a bible by their bed, I could quote things from the bible that would upset plenty on here, 

In a 1990 interview, the billionaire businessman admitted to owning Nazi leader's 'Mein Kampf' but said he had would never read speeches

You are so deep in the cult that you can't believe anything negative about Trump. But, your talking points are weak.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

An allegedly anti-immigrant politician who hires illegals and has 2 immigrant wives?

You have been fooled, sir. You are trapped in a cult, and can't break out of it.

What Donald Trump Knew About Undocumented Workers at His Signature Tower

"Trump turned to Daniel Sullivan, a 6-ft. 5-in., 285-lb. labor consultant, FBI informant and future officer of the Teamsters Union. “Donald told me he had difficulties …,” Sullivan later testified in the case. “That he had some illegal Polish employees on the job.”

A politician  who  is anti illegal immigration    is not supposed to have had  a wife (or two ) who were legal immigrants ?  Why on earth not

There are illegal Polish workers all over Europe too, do you have any venom left for every head of state were this happens? its not like its the end of the world,  As I said operating on the scale that trump did its only to be expected that some irregularities occurred with or without his knowledge, he was not just building house extensions and probably had lots of other things to worry about 

Its not Trumps ethics that I am questioning (or supporting,)   it is the hysterical reactions from his opponents,  

Just now, Bday Prang said:

A politician  who  is anti illegal immigration    is not supposed to have had  a wife (or two ) who were legal immigrants ?  Why on earth not

There are illegal Polish workers all over Europe too, do you have any venom left for every head of state were this happens? its not like its the end of the world,  As I said operating on the scale that trump did its only to be expected that some irregularities occurred with or without his knowledge, he was not just building house extensions and probably had lots of other things to worry about 

Its not Trumps ethics that I am questioning (or supporting,)   it is the hysterical reactions from his opponents,  

why not? He is a hypocrite for speaking out against immigrants and is obviously not doing it because he believes it but because his base likes to hear it. That's Trump from start to finish.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 9:37 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump could stand still without saying a word and someone would attack him for it.

As the illegal immigrants are of many different ethnicities, are they claiming that Trump hates every race on the planet?

I hope Trump wins just to poke a stick in the eye of those that come up with all this <deleted>.

You heard the dog whistle? I didn't.

I must be getting old.

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

In a 1990 interview, the billionaire businessman admitted to owning Nazi leader's 'Mein Kampf' but said he had would never read speeches

You are so deep in the cult that you can't believe anything negative about Trump. But, your talking points are weak.

So now as a non hater, I must be a "member of a cult"   i must have been "fooled"   must be a large cult,  big enough to vote him in as president  I'm sure there is plenty negative about Trump, whether I believe it or not is irrelevant My talking points may well be weak , but they have certainly provoked the strong hate filled reaction I predicted    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

IMO Trump resorting to ever more extreme rhetoric is a measure of his desperation.

He knows he has to delay his four trials, and get re-elected as President. If he fails in either, jail is almost inevitable.

He's attempting to incite a civil war or something, anything, which may result in him being re-elected. He only knows that the more radical and extreme his views become, the more the unhinged base like it.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He's attempting to incite a civil war or something, anything, which may result in him being re-elected. He only knows that the more radical and extreme his views become, the more the unhinged base like it.

He is certainly pushing at the envelope with his comments directed at judges, prosecutors etc. It may be he gets jailed for contempt of court first.

The other purpose of his rhetoric is squeezing out donations. because no lawyer will work for him without payment up front.

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You heard the dog whistle? I didn't.

I must be getting old.

Not at all , only dogs can hear a real dog whistle , something to do with the frequency.  

To disagree with his  principles and or his politics is fine

To label  him as the devil incarnate, or a reincarnation of Hitler, and to  seek his destruction and vilify anybody who doesn't feel the same way,  is well over the top.  

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

hysterical reactions that are common from his opponents and directed with such venom, not just  towards Trump himself, not just towards his supporters  but at  anybody who doesn't hate him as much as they  do

You write that as if to suggest there is not the exact (or perhaps worse) behaviour from a significant portion of the MAGA crowd.

Trump speaks directly to the likes of those that attended on Jan 6. They are EXACTLY his target market. The venom that they clearly showed on Jan 6 (and before, and after) makes it almost laughable that you can accuse "the left" of being the venomous crew.

51 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Trump admitted he knew about his illegal employees.

1 minute ago, Woof999 said:

You write that as if to suggest there is not the exact (or perhaps worse) behaviour from a significant portion of the MAGA crowd.

Trump speaks directly to the likes of those that attended on Jan 6. They are EXACTLY his target market. The venom that they clearly showed on Jan 6 (and before, and after) makes it almost laughable that you can accuse "the left" of being the venomous crew.

Trump's speeches echo manifestos written by mass shooters.

17 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Exactly, Just the kind of facts you will never hear from the FOX lying propaganda network. Biden has deported 3.5 times more illegal immigrants then Trump. 350% more!!!

But I'm guessing the MAGA cult isn't too good at math facts either.

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-data-show-migrants-were-more-likely-be-released-trump-biden

Typical liberal mouth diarrhea.  So, under Trump about 700,000 weren't deported but under Biden 2.5 MILLION weren't deported and now live on welfare.  Not to mention the other estimated 3 to 5 MILLION got-away's.  Presently it's estimated that almost 8 MILLION have crossed brainless Bidens open borders.  Prior to that estimates of illegal aliens was 15 to 25 million.  Presently, close to TEN PERCENT OF AMERICA IS ILLEGAL ALIENS.  YES, IT'S TIME TO CLOSE THE BORDER AND BEGIN MASS DEPORTATIONS.  2022 estimate of illegal aliens cost is at $128 BILLION DOLLARS.  Also note that your article say's "in it's first 26.3 months".  Well, I guess its short almost 10 months.  Last month was almost 200,000. 

copied from the article YOU cited:

During the Trump administration, DHS made 1.4 million arrests—what it calls “encounters”—in fiscal years 2019 and 2020 (24 months). Of those people arrested, only 47 percent were removed as of December 31, 2021, which includes people arrested by Trump and removed by Biden, and 52 percent were released into the United States.

Under Biden, DHS made over 5 million arrests in its first 26.3 months, and it removed nearly 2.6 million—51 percent—while releasing only 49 percent. In other words, the Trump DHS removed a minority of those arrested while the Biden DHS removed a majority. Biden managed to increase the removal share while also increasing the total removals by a factor of 3.5.

I think 700,000 is less than 2,400,000, unless you're a liberal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:04 AM, CharlieH said:

image.png

Donald Trump is facing a backlash for repeating a remark at a political rally on Saturday where he said undocumented immigrants to the United States are “poisoning the blood of our country”.

The former US president’s comments were the latest example of his campaign rhetoric that seemed to go beyond the lies and exaggerations that are a trademark of his stump speeches and instead go into territory of outright extremism or racism. In November he was widely condemned for calling his opponents “vermin”, language that echoed that used historically by dictators and authoritarians.

Trump, who is the overwhelming favorite to be the Republican nominee for the 2024 race for the White House, made the comments at a rally in Durham, New Hampshire, attended by several thousand supporters. He added that immigrants were coming to the US from Asia and Africa in addition to South America. “All over the world they are pouring into our country,” he said.

The White House hit back, saying that Joe Biden believes “our leaders have a responsibility to bring the country together around our shared values.”

“Echoing the grotesque rhetoric of fascists and violent white supremacists and threatening to oppress those who disagree with the government are dangerous attacks on the dignity and rights of all Americans, on our democracy, and on public safety,” White House spokesperson Andrew Bates said in a statement.

Trump’s comments come days after he warned that if he is re-elected next year he would act on immigration like a “dictator” – but only on the first day of his term. He has since floated the idea of sending potentially “hundreds of thousands” of US troops to secure the US-Mexico border, build a network of immigrant detention camps, and “begin the largest domestic deportation operation in American history”.

“He’s disgusting,” former New Jersey governor and Republican presidential contender Chris Christie told CNN Sunday. “He’s dog-whistling to Americans who feel under stress and strain from the economy and conflicts around the world,” Christie said. “He’s dog-whistling to blame it on people from areas that don’t look like us.”

FULL STORY

Guardian.png

“Under no circumstances, you are promising America tonight, you would never abuse power as retribution against anybody?” Hannity asked Trump in the interview taped in Davenport, Iowa on Tuesday.

“Except for day one,” Trump responded. Trump said on the “day one” he referred to, he would use his presidential powers to close the southern border with Mexico and expand oil drilling.

That's it.  The entire conversation.  I agree 100%.  Close the damn border.  Finish the wall.  Deport everyone that is ILLEGAL.  Americas taxpayers can't afford to support the whole damn world. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't follow,     To become elected he needs to garner more votes,  it's not really about pleasing his already "unhinged " base is it ?   There is little to be gained for him by preaching to the converted.   If he was so desperate for more support  would inciting civil war convert his opponents to supporters? seems unlikely to me. 

The normal way for controversial  politicians to garner more votes would be to lie to the electorate about their real intentions and ostensibly follow more moderate populist policies, then once elected they can do what they want.

That doesn't appear to be what he is doing,  unless of course the majority of Americans really are concerned about illegal immigration, in which case maybe you are a bit out of touch with their views .  (even more people for you to despise)

TRump appears to me to be a marmite character  either loved or absolutely hated beyond reason,  are there really significant numbers of  "don't know's"  sitting on the fence pontificating on  whether or not  to become "racist scum" 

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't follow,     To become elected he needs to garner more votes,  it's not really about pleasing his already "unhinged " base is it ?   There is little to be gained for him by preaching to the converted.   If he was so desperate for more support  would inciting civil war convert his opponents to supporters? seems unlikely to me. 

The normal way for controversial  politicians to garner more votes would be to lie to the electorate about their real intentions and ostensibly follow more moderate populist policies, then once elected they can do what they want.

That doesn't appear to be what he is doing,  unless of course the majority of Americans really are concerned about illegal immigration, in which case maybe you are a bit out of touch with their views .  (even more people for you to despise)

TRump appears to me to be a marmite character  either loved or absolutely hated beyond reason,  are there really significant numbers of  "don't know's"  sitting on the fence pontificating on  whether or not  to become "racist scum" 

I never said there was logic to his actions. It has long been a mystery to many how he intends to connect with swing or independent voters. None of this rhetoric will do that. He's just making the red states redder. Nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I didn't count how many were there but i think he would need a few more than those who turned up to in order to win an election

Quite interesting though that the  handful of nutters who turned up that day are considered to be his support base, How manty were there 500? 1000? 2000?    What about the millions of others who voted for him ?   might they not form part of his support base,  Where they all extremist nutters or is their a possibility that they were just normal people from all walks of life

• Like 1