New UK passport & TM6

HI,

Just got my new UK passport and have my TM6 in my old passport. My old passport is still in date. Can I just show both passports when departing Thailand without issue or do I have to visit immigration beforehand and get my visa and TM6 transferred for a smooth departure? 

Your old PP should have been cancelled (corner cut off the data page) when you collected the new one, it's certainly no longer valid for travel (not that the Thai system will know about it).

You should visit immigration and get everything transferred over, it ought to be a free service, best to have all your ducks in a row when immigration is concerned.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, proton said:

They dont want the TM6 any longer

True.....  But when I recently asked at immigration if I could

bin a TM6 collected when I last entered the country back in

2018, they at first said yes, then quickly changed their mind

and said it best to keep it, to match up with the computer record.

As with all things immigration, best to keep everything and throw

nothing away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scotsmarc said:

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The passport was done via an agent so was returned 2 days later and no corner was cut off. I just did not fancy spending half a day at immigration as I always try and avoid this if I can.

But wouldn't you require a re-entry permit from them in any event before travelling abroad? Obtaining one at the airport instead could prove easier said than done on the basis of 2 passports!

16 hours ago, proton said:

They dont want the TM6 any longer

When I left the country a couple of months ago by air I had a TM6 in my passport. He removed it, stamped it and put it in a tray.

The OP should just hand over both passports, as they will want to see an entry stamp and permission to stay. They may say something but not going to deny exit.

2 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

You should change it over really. Both me and "she who must be obeyed" did ours in the last 12 months and it was completely painless. Just go to Immigration, fill out a form and bobs your uncle.

Could depend on the particular immigration office one has to deal with, I suppose. That said, my experience of the stamps transfer at my local office (Rayong), again within the last 12 months, mirrors yours. In other words a doddle when compared to the bureaucratic complexities of the passport renewal process we Brits in LOS are required to endure thanks to those clueless clowns in HMPO!

10 hours ago, OJAS said:

But wouldn't you require a re-entry permit from them in any event before travelling abroad? Obtaining one at the airport instead could prove easier said than done on the basis of 2 passports!

I am on a biz that is expiring soon. I'll be re-entering on a tourist before changing to retirement in a couple of months time. 

On 12/19/2023 at 2:45 PM, Crossy said:

Your old PP should have been cancelled (corner cut off the data page) when you collected the new one, it's certainly no longer valid for travel (not that the Thai system will know about it).

You should visit immigration and get everything transferred over, it ought to be a free service, best to have all your ducks in a row when immigration is concerned.

A TM6 does not get transferred per se, merely staple it into your new passport yourself.

• Like 1