Marriage Equality Bill Will Go to Parliament on Dec 21

snoop1130

1702973332_671687-tnamcot-768x425.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 19 (TNA) – The draft law on marriage equality will be proposed to Parliament on Dec 21, says Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin.

If it becomes law, it will allow same-sex couples to receive the same rights as heterosexual couples do.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-12-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

1702973332_671687-tnamcot-768x425.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 19 (TNA) – The draft law on marriage equality will be proposed to Parliament on Dec 21, says Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin.

If it becomes law, it will allow same-sex couples to receive the same rights as heterosexual couples do.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-12-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Can I marry my dog?  Cat?  How about my bird.  Oh come on.  Let's really loosen the laws regarding marriage in Thailand. Why worry about sexes.  Lets indulge in different species too.  Why not? I wish to have a polygamous marriage. I want to marry my wife, my missuses, my pets, and anyone else that the current leaders wish me to marry when we rip all of the institutions apart and make society a fooooking free-for-all.

If we are going to rip down the institution of marriage?  Let's rip it down completely 'eh.  Let's not **** around about it.

How long will it take before the Thai government concedes to marrying off 10 year olds?  5 year olds?  12 year olds?

Once you breech morality?  There is nothing left.  So why not open up marriage to the most obtuse and evil mofos whom exist on this planet. 

Open the gate and watch the results................................

• Confused 10
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Can I marry my dog?  Cat?  How about my bird.  Oh come on.  Let's really loosen the laws regarding marriage in Thailand. Why worry about sexes.  Lets indulge in different species too.  Why not? I wish to have a polygamous marriage. I want to marry my wife, my missuses, my pets, and anyone else that the current leaders wish me to marry when we rip all of the institutions apart and make society a fooooking free-for-all.

If we are going to rip down the institution of marriage?  Let's rip it down completely 'eh.  Let's not **** around about it.

How long will it take before the Thai government concedes to marrying off 10 year olds?  5 year olds?  12 year olds?

Once you breech morality?  There is nothing left.  So why not open up marriage to the most obtuse and evil mofos whom exist on this planet. 

Good satire.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Don't act stupid. Same sex marriage is not legally recognized in Thailand. Soon it will be. If you want to talk about Cambo try another topic.

Still do get it. Same sex marriage just doesn't make sense. Maybe for ladies, but they would still miss out on all the joy of in vivo fertilisation.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

Will I be able to get a Marriage Visa with my Thai partner of 20 years if we get married?

That would be logical, but TIT ... might require a further 10-year wait.

I'm torn between enjoying and dreading our arrival at the relevant office here in Prasat Surin and seeing the look of consternation on the faces of the clerks. "Thai only!"

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i think this is excellent news for the gay community. it will make inheritance much easier when one of the couple dies whereas before there were nothing but pitfalls. marriages are no longer about religious beliefs. i am no fan of all this lgbtqytr+ pronoun bs wokish stuff but i do believe in equal rights

No need to get Married for that, I had a friend who died, in a long term relationship with a LB, he had already made a will and power of attorney? to 'him' or whatever the correct term is.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Why not give gays the right to be just as miserable as the rest of us?

Then we would have to be called "sads", (with apologies to Private Eye).

15 hours ago, mfd101 said:

That would be logical, but TIT ... might require a further 10-year wait.

I'm torn between enjoying and dreading our arrival at the relevant office here in Prasat Surin and seeing the look of consternation on the faces of the clerks. "Thai only!"

That's exactly the detail that those of us in (UK) Civil Partnerships (or same sex marriages) want to know, but I suspect it will only apply to Thais with Thais or foreigners with Thais.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

Then we would have to be called "sads", (with apologies to Private Eye).

That's exactly the detail that those of us in (UK) Civil Partnerships (or same sex marriages) want to know, but I suspect it will only apply to Thais with Thais or foreigners with Thais.

Well, we're Oz/Thai in an Oz civil doda but I still wouldn't take anything for granted out here in the sticks. As with Immigration, news takes a while to penetrate across the rice paddies and in any case each local office makes up its own rules ...

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

Would also like to see marriage equality for foreign male married to a Thai lady as it is for a Thai man married to a Thai lady.

with all due respect, what is different?

if there are any differences you are aware of, please share here. better be in the know than not.

i am twice married to a thai and when i got divorced there werent any real issues.

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, connda said:

What a snowflake 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1