Trump's legal defeat in Colorado may turn into political gold

CharlieH

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I am getting bored but I'll give you three that Pelosi should know about:

1) Exactly what intelligence of any security threat to the Capitol was received prior to J6 and, if there was, who was responsible for sharing this information, was it shared and with whom?

2) Were any requests for additional security for the Capitol were made prior to J6 by anyone, and if so, who, and what action was taken by any party?

3) Why did you ask for Chief Sund's resignation? 

I don't expect that Pelosi will ever formally testify and answers to these questions might only partly exonerate Trump. But they could help fill a few gaps, which were ignored by the J6 circus act. They certainly might explain how the Capitol was so easily breeched.

Ok. So you don't have in mind any witness who has been ignored and who could have exonerated Trump.

I don't know about 3).

Questions 1 and 2 are irrelevant because Pelosi was not in charge of Capitol security (or do you believe Trump?).

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You almost managed a post without a deflection or an insult, but blew it in the last sentence. No wonder I won't put you on ignore- posting gold!

If Trump could be proven to have incited an "insurrection", I have no doubt they would not have bothered with the other 90 or so court cases as that would be enough to put him out of contention.

As it is, they haven't been able to do so.

Next.

You don't seem to understand that Trump is being prosecuted for his actions on January 6.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, nauseus said:

Most of the people from the Ellipse arrived at the Capitol, later, after the breech.

Any convictions of the truly guilty are fine by me.

Convictions were for a variety of crimes but very few for actual conspiracy.

Of course, the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are sitting in prison due to convictions for conspiracy.

But, others have been charged, and will be tried.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apparently, your MO is to post defections, under the assumption that inventing Trump crimes somehow confirms Trump's guilt, for something, anything.

It's a standard tactic of Trolls against Trump.

You seem to have forgotten that Trump has been indicted for 91 felonies, many related to J6.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

Selection!!

You don't get it.

In our legal system, you don't get to contest a string of witnesses who provide damning testimony simply by claiming the witnesses are biased - you provide witnesses who can exonerate you. Trump has had ample opportunity to find those witnesses, but apparently he is happy instead to engage in verbal diarrhea and have his flacks put out talking points for online trolls.

Instead of addressing the substance of the J6 testimony, you complain about the system.

How about quoting someone who watched Trump trying to stop the riot, which is what an honest competetent president would do?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Of course, the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are sitting in prison due to convictions for conspiracy.

But, others have been charged, and will be tried.

I can find a total of 8 Proud Boys or Oath Keepers in prison for seditious conspiracy.

Others jailed for different offences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You don't get it.

In our legal system, you don't get to contest a string of witnesses who provide damning testimony simply by claiming the witnesses are biased - you provide witnesses who can exonerate you. Trump has had ample opportunity to find those witnesses, but apparently he is happy instead to engage in verbal diarrhea and have his flacks put out talking points for online trolls.

Instead of addressing the substance of the J6 testimony, you complain about the system.

How about quoting someone who watched Trump trying to stop the riot, which is what an honest competetent president would do?

Silly play. I'm not in court contesting anything, although I saw the J6 hearing as totally biased but that is my opinion. 

The system is OK if not abused. 

• Sad 2

In fact, the report cites a survey conducted by Denison University political scientist Paul Djupe that around 30 percent of Americans believe Trump "was anointed by God to become president."

The Economist traces the origins of this line of thinking to Lance Wallnau, a self-declared prophet who has long been seen as a fringe figure but who gathered a following arguing that Trump was God's personal pick for the White House.

In fact, Wallnau believes that God will use Trump to crush opposition to Christian nationalism and restore Christians as the nation's rightful political rulers.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-christian-nationalism-2666811546/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You seem to have forgotten that Trump has been indicted for 91 felonies, many related to J6.

LOL. Why only prosecute one felony when 90 more can come to naught as well?

Meanwhile 91 actual criminals are not getting prosecuted as all the attention is on Trump. They must be lovin' it.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Why only prosecute one felony when 90 more can come to naught as well?

Meanwhile 91 actual criminals are not getting prosecuted as all the attention is on Trump. They must be lovin' it.

Your post makes no sense.

J6 is the largest prosecution in the history of the US. You are suggesting to let the Big Guy go free, so more small fish can be prosecuted?

• Thumbs Up 2

I believe there is insufficient evidence to convict him. As to whether he actually wanted to commit insurrection, I have no idea, but no one has come up with irrefutable evidence of that, so it's all supposition and interpretation of what he did say in public.

Those that think he is a criminal will always believe the worst of him, so no point in trying to convince otherwise.

Personally, I hope he doesn't stand and a better candidate stands and whupps Biden large.

None of us need a repeat of the first time, but on the other hand seeing the snowflakes melt down in tantrums at a Trump victory would be so enjoyable. Either way, I just hope Biden/ Harris get slaughtered defeated in the polls.

The point of a trial is to have a jury evaluate the evidence.

Your love of Trump blinds you to the evidence, but you are an isolated case. The odds are that Trump will be convicted of many felonies, many before the 2024 election.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

apparently he is happy instead to engage in verbal diarrhea and have his flacks put out talking points for online trolls.

Are you unable to see that he's playing to his base?

Has any one man in the history of the USA had so much attention and public money lavished on them as Trump? He must be lovin' it.

For 4 years the opposition prevented much in the way of improving the country from happening, which is what governments are supposed to do. Instead they wasted millions of $ that would have been better spent improving the infrastructure attacking him, and now they are wasting millions of $ on court cases against him better spent putting real criminals away.

For the four years trump was in office he did his level best ( fortunately he’s not to bright)to destroy the institutions that have allowed this country to thrive he has by far and away been a greater asset to our enemies than a champion for our nation all stop.on  top of that he’s utter dereliction and abject failure of leadership during Covid cost many many lives his enabling of Putin and his attacks on nato in my humble opinion enabled Putin into thinking he could get away with Ukraine.naturally our nation will attempt to protect itself from such an unamerican leader.he needs to be locked up or worse.furthermore you as a foreigner have no say in the matter aside from expressing your strange fetish for the orange blowhard that’s just weird 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Your post makes no sense.

J6 is the largest prosecution in the history of the US. You are suggesting to let the Big Guy go free, so more small fish can be prosecuted?

Well the largest prosecution in the history of the US went pfut. Waste of air time when we could have had more Simpsons.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Well the largest prosecution in the history of the US went pfut. Waste of air time when we could have had more Simpsons.

Almost 1,000 convictions so far. What are you talking about?

Many more to come, probably resulting in prison time for the higher-ups. Don't you think that Rudy is going to jail? 

On 12/26/2023 at 2:11 PM, JensenZ said:

Talk about a ridiculous effort to apologize for Biden's deficient mental state.  Everyone can see it. No gerontologists are required here as I did not bring up his age. Some people are quite capable at his age. It is well documented that he doesn't do much and spends more time on vacation and resting (by far) than any of his predecessors. I'm sure you're quite aware he is a puppet on a string, being carefully handled by his "team".

Do you have any apologies for Biden not submitting to a cognitive test this year? I'd love to hear your excuse for that.

It is definitely a great idea for Biden to submit to a cognitive test. Because we know that Trump supporters will portray the same openmindedness in the face of evidence that show's Biden's mental state is healthy as they did to the overwhelming evidence that the 2020 elections were stolen. OK. Maybe they weren't so openminded despite overwhelming evidence.  I want to add that I'm not accusing you of believing that the 2020 election was stolen. I'm sure you accepted the conclusions of genuine forensic experts that that those elections were free and fair and that you would bring the same rational mindset to any test results. But you are a rarity among Trump supporters.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 12:31 AM, nauseus said:

What the most important thing "he" said is, is a matter of opinion and, of course, mine is different. "Widely known and supported" is not proof of anything.

Your error is in not understanding, then mixing and confusing words. I said that I can't check the text of the book but the third party precis is liable to be erroneous, at the very least. 

I think we all know Trump et al complained about the 2020 election. What's new?

Trump spent most of the January 6 attack watching TV in the White House dining room, according to new video from House committee

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-watching-tv-during-jan6-white-house-dining-room-video-2022-7

• Like 1

My opinion of politicians is based on how much they help people:

Lincoln ended slavery.

FDR started Social Security.

LBJ started Medicare.

Obama started Obamacare.

Biden has done a lot, too.

But Trump never did anything for "regular" people, he just cut taxes for the rich.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

apparently he is happy instead to engage in verbal diarrhea and have his flacks put out talking points for online trolls.

Has any one man in the history of the USA had so much attention and public money lavished on them as Trump? He must be lovin' it.

For 4 years the opposition prevented much in the way of improving the country from happening, which is what governments are supposed to do. Instead they wasted millions of $ that would have been better spent improving the infrastructure attacking him, and now they are wasting millions of $ on court cases against him better spent putting real criminals away.

Sure, why waste time prosecuting an ex-president who tried to steal elections,! 😁-

On top of it, it may even have negative consequences, such as preventing other politicians to do the same later! A lost opportunity for entertainment! 😆

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can you please share with us the specifics of the bill proposed to Congress about the infrastructure. Because I haven't been able to find anything. He made some noises about it, including offering huge tax breaks to private developers (surprise! surprise) but only vague stuff. Anyway, I'm sure you wouldn't have brought this up unless you have some specific information to share with the rest of us. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nauseus said:

I am getting bored but I'll give you three that Pelosi should know about:

1) Exactly what intelligence of any security threat to the Capitol was received prior to J6 and, if there was, who was responsible for sharing this information, was it shared and with whom?

2) Were any requests for additional security for the Capitol were made prior to J6 by anyone, and if so, who, and what action was taken by any party?

3) Why did you ask for Chief Sund's resignation? 

I don't expect that Pelosi will ever formally testify and answers to these questions might only partly exonerate Trump. But they could help fill a few gaps, which were ignored by the J6 circus act. They certainly might explain how the Capitol was so easily breeched.

Trump's latest argument is like Osama bin Laden claiming he wasn't guilty for 9/11

"Heaphy argued that just as U.S. intelligence failures did not absolve bin Laden of the terrorist attack in 2001, local law enforcement errors did not absolve Trump of the U.S. Capitol attack in 2021."

Most Trump talking points are lame, and only impress hard core members of the Church of the Orange Jesus.

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Trump spent most of the January 6 attack watching TV in the White House dining room, according to new video from House committee

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-watching-tv-during-jan6-white-house-dining-room-video-2022-7

During which time the country was effectively leaderless but then it had been for 4 years.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

During which time the country was effectively leaderless but then it had been for 4 years.

Can you imagine the nervousness of Trump as he waited to see if his plan to stop the count would succeed? And his rage when he found out that Pence called in the National Guard..

.. and his despair when the final tally was certified.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1