90 days report will be due on 5th January 2024

I arrived in Thailand on October  5th .  I have a 1 year retirement visa.   I used an agent    the process took place in Bangkok.   I am now staying about an hour east of Phitsanulok.    Can I do my report online?  Do I need to go to immigration in Phitsanulok?  

Do I have a week window before and after 1/5/24? 

Thank you  in advance 

8 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

He did more than hold my hand. 

Yes rentry permit.

If previous 90 day reports have used Bangkok address you can do it online.

To do it at Phitsanulok you would need to do change of address TM30.

Don't do that unless you plan to live there. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If previous 90 day reports have used Bangkok address you can do it online.

To do it at Phitsanulok you would need to do change of address TM30.

Don't do that unless you plan to live there. 

This would be my first 90 day report.  The agent used my TM30 from the Hotel in Bangkok . I spend my time between Lampang and a village an hour away from Phitsanulok . I live in the village with a Thai friend when in Lampang I stay at a hotel.  My son and his family live in a house in Lampang.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

I arrived in Thailand on October  5th .  I have a 1 year retirement visa.   I used an agent    the process took place in Bangkok.   I am now staying about an hour east of Phitsanulok.    Can I do my report online?  Do I need to go to immigration in Phitsanulok?  

Do I have a week window before and after 1/5/24? 

Thank you  in advance 

u need do ur 90 day where u extension is issued 
first time cant do online>
if u used an agent in Bangkok do u have the address they registered you at? than you can try online
IF not u can still do it by mail

15 days before for online,by mail or in person,  up to 7 days after ONLY in person

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

u need do ur 90 day where u extension is issued 
first time cant do online>
if u used an agent in Bangkok do u have the address they registered you at? than you can try online
IF not u can still do it by mail

15 days before for online,by mail or in person,  up to 7 days after ONLY in person

So the agent was incorrect -he told me I didn't need to do anything before Jan 5th.

First time I can't do it online? Yes he registered me at the hotel across from Emporium mall   

27 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I have my retirement visa from Phitsanulok, living with GF at her house out in the sticks, I have found that the Immigration office there to be very helpful, no dramas and always very helpful if you want anything answered or your not sure about.

I heard the same thing about the Phitsanulok office ,thanks!

This doesn't make sense.

You entered Thailand on October 5th, then obtained a 1-year extension of stay based on retirement from Bangkok through an agent?

Your first 90-day report should be due 90 days from the date the extension was issued.
What date was the extension issued?
Usually, Immigration would place a notification slip in the back of your passport with your due 90-day report date.

15 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

This doesn't make sense.

You entered Thailand on October 5th, then obtained a 1-year extension of stay based on retirement from Bangkok through an agent?

Your first 90-day report should be due 90 days from the date the extension was issued.
What date was the extension issued?
Usually, Immigration would place a notification slip in the back of your passport with your due 90-day report date.

I already had the one year extension when I entered on October 5th.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, treetops said:

If you entered on 5th October then your 90 day report is due by 2nd January, not 5th.  The window to do it online is open now.  Coming back from abroad does not prevent you doing it online, although it's been said that a first ever report must be done in person.

If I were you I would submit it online now using your Bangkok address and cross your fingers it gets approved.  If not, change your address and do it locally in person.  You have until a week after the report date to do it in person which is handy as any post New Year holiday rush can hopefully be avoided.

thank you!

59 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I already had the one year extension when I entered on October 5th.

Understood.

13 minutes ago, treetops said:

If you entered on 5th October then your 90 day report is due by 2nd January, not 5th.

I concur with @treetops. Your 90-day report is due Jan 2nd. The day of entry counts as day one of the 90 days.

You're within the window to submit online now .......................... however I am doubtful it will work.

I reinterred late July from overseas, but when I tried to submit my 90-day report in October, it failed.
I had to submit in person and was told the reason was because I missed my previous report due in June.
I was overseas at that time, but the IO informed me because I missed that report, the system didn't automatically predict a future report date.
He stated I had to report in person so they could manually reset the report date.
The local IO's have no access to when you departed or arrived back in the Country.

If you cannot submit your 90-day report now, I suggest you file a new TM30 at the Immigration office within your location to change address, then they will process your 90-day report.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

I reinterred late July from overseas, but when I tried to submit my 90-day report in October, it failed.
I had to submit in person and was told the reason was because I missed my previous report due in June.
I was overseas at that time, but the IO informed me because I missed that report, the system didn't automatically predict a future report date.
He stated I had to report in person so they could manually reset the report date.
The local IO's have no access to when you departed or arrived back in the Country.

This is unusual as I've submitted and had approval online a couple of times this year after returning from overseas, one as recent as last week.

Even today a mate has done the same, and another who also renewed his passport while overseas got online approval.  All of these were from Jomtien immigration.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Understood.

I concur with @treetops. Your 90-day report is due Jan 2nd. The day of entry counts as day one of the 90 days.

You're within the window to submit online now .......................... however I am doubtful it will work.

If you cannot submit your 90-day report now, I suggest you file a new TM30 at the Immigration office within your location to change address, then they will process your 90-day report.

i see -the agent counted 3 months not 90 days.So I should show up at Phitsanulok immigration before Jan 2  and give them the new address?  Do I  need an appointment ?  thank all of you for your help

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

This is unusual as I've submitted and had approval online a couple of times this year after returning from overseas, one as recent as last week.

Even today a mate has done the same, and another who also renewed his passport while overseas got online approval.  All of these were from Jomtien immigration.

So will I be able to enter my new address online or must that be done in person?  Is this the correct website?  Welcome to Official Thailand E-Extension Website

Edited by charleskerins
nm

3 hours ago, charleskerins said:

He did more than hold my hand. 

Yes rentry permit.

You may want to state if the agent provided the funds in the bank or you did it yourself. It may made a difference if you should deal with immigration yourself or if it would be better to use the agent for your 90 day report.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

You may want to state if the agent provided the funds in the bank or you did it yourself. It may made a difference if you should deal with immigration yourself or if it would be better to use the agent for your 90 day report.

already applied online     I am guessing that will be rejected    if so i was going to go to Phitsanulok and not take my bank book.          Agent provided the funds

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, treetops said:

Interesting.

Were your trips in-between 90 day report dates, or were you overseas when the reports were due.

17 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Interesting.

Were your trips in-between 90 day report dates, or were you overseas when the reports were due.

One of each.

The report in January gave me a next report due on 19th April.  I was away in March.

The report in June gave me a next report due on the 8th September and I was away from the 4th to the 28th Sep.

image.png.af85a76be5c4f68845413df08a809796.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charleskerins said:

already applied online     I am guessing that will be rejected    if so i was going to go to Phitsanulok and not take my bank book.          Agent provided the funds

So finally getting a full picture.

It really helps if you give complete outline of what your status is in Thailand when starting a thread.

So your thread should have been...

"Returned to Thailand with a reentry permit.

Previously used an agent to obtain a 12 month extension based on retirement.

The agent covered the funds.

What should I do regarding 90 day report? " 

Answer: talk to the agent.

Ask cost of service to do 90 report for you. 

Very surprised he obtained the extension in Bangkok.

In any event you will need an agent for next extension unless you start over and meet the financials yourself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, charleskerins said:

No need for an appointment at Phitsanulok, but you will need a bank book with the correct funds in it, they are red hot on that.