Turns out it was Dengue.

giddyup

44 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Took myself to hospital this morning as still feeling less that 100%. Blood test showed that I had Dengue fever, but there was nothing much they could do for me as I was already over the worst of it.

Sounded like Dengue when you mentioned it before especially as your GF had it

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Took myself to hospital this morning as still feeling less that 100%. Blood test showed that I had Dengue fever, but there was nothing much they could do for me as I was already over the worst of it.

Luckily you are not Irish🤔

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

It is NOT contagious. Only from that damned female mosquito.

Was it just coincidence that I got it 2 weeks after my partner had it, or did I get bitten by a mosquito that bit her?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Was it just coincidence that I got it 2 weeks after my partner had it?

Yes,

Maybe the same mosquito. Or you got bitten by another mosquito that had picked it up from your GF. 555

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Was it just coincidence that I got it 2 weeks after my partner had it, or did I get bitten by a mosquito that bit her?

Same as ''Rikki in Issan'' (YouTube) Both were sick his wife was pregnant, she went to the hospital to have the twin daughters, came home days later says I feel very sick, he was still sick, off she went to Hospital alone, sadly she died that night, and he never got to say goodbye, he never saw her again. 

He now has twin babies to care for alone but with help from her family.

• Sad 4

A point that I'll keep making every time this comes up: every case that resulted in death in Thailand (according to all the newspaper articles that explain the trigger cause) was after they took aspirins or NSAIDs to lower their fevers.

If you must insist on lowering the fever (which is a silly thing to do because a fever is your body's way of fighting the infection, and only becomes an issue if it gets out of hand) then take a paracetamol tablet.

• Like 1

I keep a mixture of mupirocin and doxycycline and whenever I’m attacked by a mosquito then apply it on the bite. If I suspect the mosquito is infected with dengue then pop a doxy tab. I’ve been bitten twice this year and only applied mupirocin/doxy. I’ve taken a doxy tab once as a dengue prophylactic. Had dengue before, never again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I understand that there are four different strains of dengue but you do not catch the same strain more than once.

Each time that you catch it, the symptoms/pain can be worse. I have had it three times. Two definite and one probable.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/dengue-fever/facts

There are four serologically distinct dengue viruses, so people living in a dengue-endemic area can have several dengue infections in their lifetime.

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You could have saved yourself a couple of weeks of unnecessary suffering by going to hospital in the first 2-3 days.

With other diseases, such as cancer, rabies or meningitis, delay could kill you.

There is no specific treatment for dengue, so early diagnosis wouldn't have changed much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Twice I've had it, the last time was a couple of months back in my case the first time was the worst they kept me in hospital for 5 days my blood count was getting dangerously low I was one day away from being put in ICU, DO NOT TAKE ASPRIN as it thins your blood out, 

I bought a load of them sachets replenish was drinking them, eating Khao Tom, rice porridge soup,

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Dengue sucks, had it twice

Both times I felt like my head was going to explode, and those bone aches thought i was gonna die.

Is there any evolutionary reason mosquito's even exist other than to cause havoc

They kill more people than all the other insects put together

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Dengue sucks, had it twice

Both times I felt like my head was going to explode, and those bone aches thought i was gonna die.

Is there any evolutionary reason mosquito's even exist other than to cause havoc

think they pollinate flowers so not all bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I had it before.  The Doctor told me,the second case of it can be much worse.

Glad to hear you are doing better

https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/article/detail/Dengue-Fever

2 hours ago, timendres said:

Dengue worries me much more so than Covid. 

2 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Same here, unfortunately no vaccines for us old geezers...

Once you have had Dengue, then the Dengue vaccines seem to be effective at dampening the effects of a second bout of Dengue.
However, if you have not had Dengue, then the vaccine can cause Antibody-Dependent Enhancement (ADE) which is the proximate cause for the problems with Dengue if you are reinfected a second time.

It worth reading the medical literature (if you are capable). 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1