Pita most preferred politician to become Thai PM in NIDA poll

webfact

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Counts for nothing when the system is rigged to give the people the bird.

And while those who have the power to 'rig' continue with their highly unethical games and clearly ignore the will of the people. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, biggles45 said:

Yes, but his son is now the leader. He was 30 when his parents stole millions of dollars from the people. Hard to believe he didn't know what was going on. Sometimes people get the govt they deserve! 

It's an Asian thing, pick a country, any country!

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

PM-in-waiting. The experience will be good for him as he prepares for the next round. Probably better than he would have been if he had become PM last May. More mature.

As for Sretta, he strikes me as a decent guy trying his best against decades of accumulated misgovernment and non-government. Easy to sneer at him but perhaps unfair. Better him than the Thaksin girl.

And that $800,000,000 smile is irresistible. 

1200x798.jpg

36 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

Sometimes people get the govt they deserve! 

Just about all the time, I think.

Even authoritarian regimes come to power and stay in power because the culture of The People as a whole enables them. Lenin, Hitler, Mao - all came to power by popular acclaim.

Perhaps not Stalin (the backroom bureaucrat).

Doesn't matter what the polls say or what Thais really want for their country. As long as the stubborn, greedy, sneaky and short-sighted pre-historic gits continue to conspire and rig elections, nothing's going to change. I guess the next-gen will have to wait until these dinosaurs die off (figuratively or otherwise!) before they get the chance to 'repair' the country.

Edited by outsider
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, outsider said:

Doesn't matter what the polls say or what the Thais really want for their country. As long as the stubborn, greedy and short-sighted pre-historic gits continue to corroborate and rig elections, nothing's going to change. I guess the next-gen will have to wait until these dinosaurs die off before they get the chance to 'repair' the country.

Or finally stand up to them, though the Thai sheep seem placated, so that's never going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

It's not my country. But after nearly forty years here,with Thai child relations growing up with me, I think I have a right to an opinion and to comment for what it's worth. Do I have a solution? No. but national passive resistance to bring the country to a standstill might force the large monopolies to instruct their puppets in the government to pull out and let the party they voted for take over. Pie in the sky? I expect so.

Passive resistance - as in withdrawing labour? If they do that they don't get paid. Otherwise, passive resistance in what form, I wonder? I'm curious, because you might be on to something, Long shot, but......

As for 'not your country' - you've been here longer than about half the Thai population. And I've been here getting on for 30. A pity we still don't have a voice, isn't it. Not that would count anyway, same as the locals.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 2