Electronic visa extension system has been around for a year! Has anyone used it?

I heard one yesterday say he had done it - took 15 minutes only at CW.  I went online to the immigration website and yessir there it is!  Seems

they did the meeting of OI's in OCt 2022 and then rolled it out I guess experimentally with the first 300 to apply.  Check out their website for all

the info...basically gather all your Register for online, gather all your paperwork, forward it to your IO, they will review and if correct then will advise

you of that, then you make an appointment with the IO within 2 weeks I think 500 baht, within 1 week 1500 baht and next day ? but possible .

seems almost too good to be true and maybe will cut out agents? who knows but definitely a positive move.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Thanks for the info. My question, is this easier than turning up in person ? Just did my 1 year extension of my retirement visa at CW. In at 0830 out at 1030 with no hassle. 

I have read through it and I cannot see any provision for what we see as the normal 1 year Non O extensions. The 12 categories mailny cover tourists and various working type visas. There is one listing for family members, but looks like family members of foreigners with PR.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think, for this to really take off, they'll need to get rid of the requirement to show up at the immigration office in person. I'd guess they'll get there, eventually. 

they are still requesting stack and stack of paperwork, 2 or 3 copies of each set, its like the computer wasn't invented yet, nothing is computerized, for not showing up at immigration, probably another 50 years.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

I think, for this to really take off, they'll need to get rid of the requirement to show up at the immigration office in person. I'd guess they'll get there, eventually. 

Showing up at immigration for 15 minutes just to get a pre-approved stamp in the passport is still better than waiting there for hours

2 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Showing up at immigration for 15 minutes just to get a pre-approved stamp in the passport is still better than waiting there for hours

It really depends.

For some people, it's a long way to their immigration office.

And having to wait for hours can also be avoided by making an appointment online (which is a separate option from this so-called "online extension" that still requires a visit).

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

And having to wait for hours can also be avoided by making an appointment online (which is a separate option from this so-called "online extension" that still requires a visit).

Anyway even with an online appointment, you have to wait a lot. It's not really efficient

7 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Thanks for the info. My question, is this easier than turning up in person ? Just did my 1 year extension of my retirement visa at CW. In at 0830 out at 1030 with no hassle. 

well for the online immigration says 15 minutes only to get pp stamped versus 2 hours.

• Haha 1